Reel Big Fish fans gtfih

Ska is not related to punk at all...
Yes there are ska-punk bands but ska was not born from the punk movement.

As for RBF, that cd is fantastic, that and The Pietasters Oolooloo are the best 3rd wave albums imo.

You like The Mighty Mighty Boston’s too huh.

Beer is still my favorite ska song of all time

i like the Dropkick Murphys, is this anything like that?

They are fun. Can't say I listen to them much these days but they have some great songs. Beer and dont start a band are great

Ska is not related to punk at all...
Yes there are ska-punk bands but ska was not born from the punk movement.

As for RBF, that cd is fantastic, that and The Pietasters Oolooloo are the best 3rd wave albums imo.

Did you ever go to shitty ska shows at the flywheel?

I never got into them too much but was listening to the song Beer yesterday.

I’ve listened to a lot of ska punk and skacore in my day. Operation Ivy, NOFX, Choking Victim, and plenty of other bands alike.

I remember seeing them in Seattle with NOFX and Bad Religion in 2008. Fucking amazing show. NOFX played the Decline all the way through, BR played tons of songs from suffer and no control, and RBF played all their best songs.
That’s awesome. I listen to The Decline all the way through on a pretty regular basis. It’s in my workout mix

Saw Rancid, Pavement and the Offspring early in their careers at Roseland. Rancid came out and hung with us and watched The Offspring. The pit got crazy, and I had chugged a 6 pack before I went in..almost puked.

3rd wave ska was great. I saw many ska bands back in "the day" and I still listen to their CDs. Skankin pickle was always a blast

Last edited:
My sisters were really in to them - I could never get in to them.

Was big in to the First two Suicide Machines albums.

Do you remember mustard plug and skankin pickle?

of course i do !!!

I also remember the parka kings the suicide machines and the skolars

midwest punk ska was and still is my shit

Back