Remember me....Tim Sylvia

Glove

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
A career that spans 12 years with an excellent record of 31-10 (20 wins by KO/TKO) and a two time UFC heavyweight champion, Tim Sylvia will stand as one of the greatest UFC heavyweights of all time. Starting out with Militech fighting Systems in 2000, his height (6'8'') gave him a distinct advantage over most of his opponents. An above average striker with a pinpoint jab, Sylvia also had remarkably accurate TDD defense. His match against another steely heavyweight in Wesley (Cabbage) Correria at UFC 39 in 2002 was his breakout moment, as he assaulted Cabbage with an array of punches and lower leg kicks. From there he faced Ricco Rodriguez at UFC 41 who was the UFC Heavyweight Champion, a notable opponent with some of the best submissions in HW history. He would win the belt in devastating KO fashion in the first round. After failing a drug test he would go on to face some of the UFC best fighters over the years including a second shot at the title against another viable opponent in Andre Arlovski (who had previously beaten Sylvia by ankle lock). The match took place at UFC 59 in a classic back and forth battle that saw Arlovski stun Sylvia in the first round dropping him momentarily but Sylvia would bring down the Croatian with an uppercut with referee John McCarthy stopping the match and giving Tim Sylvia the Heavyweight Champion a second time in his career. He would go on and have a less than stellar finish to his career but his record stands alone as being one of the vert best Heavyweights in UFC history.

Tim Sylvia vs Wesley (Cabbage) Correria UFC 39

Tim Sylvia vs Jeff Monson UFC 65

Last edited:
Tim accomplished quite a lot for a guy with limited athletic ability.

fedor+massacres+sylvia.gif

TS says Sylvia was 6'11.

I don't think he was that tall.

<JonesLaugh>

there was this user here who was the biggest timmeh fan on sherdog. forgot his handle

goober something?

Sadly prime Timmah would probably crack the top 10 today. Real athletes play real sports. See 205 for proof, real athletes play real sports, and Devin Clark tapping to Brutus Beefcake sleeper hold proves it.

It's "cool" to shit on Big Timmeh these days. And that's why I do it every chance I get. Please like this post.

No thanks.

He was good enough, but not a good look when your HW champ looks like an out of shape UPS driver.

Sylvia is one of those guys I absolutely couldn't stand but now in hindsight respect him as a HW fighter.

It was great seeing him Crack Rico..much after that was lackluster with the exception of seeing him get clipped by Randy then 1 hitter quiter via Mercer...

I remember him KO'ing a guy with a head kick.
That was a hard kick.

Sadly prime Timmah would probably crack the top 10 today. Real athletes play real sports. See 205 for proof, real athletes play real sports, and Devin Clark tapping to Brutus Beefcake sleeper hold proves it.
That dont prove shit...

And being an athletes doesnt mean you can fight....see every pro athlete fight ever for examples

They're either beating up cans in the grandstands or winging haymakers on each other like bums

You know theres a certain mentality you gotta have to be a fighter right?

I'd looooovvvvvveeeee to see how a pro athlete would have stopped that choke....

Vertical leap out of the octagon?

Bench press his hooks out?

Throw a football 80 yards?

Dunk a basketball?

....oh thats right!
theyre in a fight, not playing a game of professional grabass

Last edited:
Back