Remember That Legend About Someone Killing Themselves On The Set Of The Wizard of Oz?

Reports say that the Wicked Witch of the West witnessed it first hand.

sjp.jpg
Damn.... That's one hell of a mug

It does look like a hanging person...but then the bird explanation makes me think it's a peacock sitting on something. It's long tail feathers could make up the "body" and they do have that crest on their heads.

Imagine seeing a silhouette of that in the distance.
majestic-peacock-perched-on-a-fence-showing-beautiful-tail-feathers-S23KFC.jpg

It does look like a hanging person...but then the bird explanation makes me think it's a peacock sitting on something. It's long tail feathers could make up the "body" and they do have that crest on their heads.

You can clearly tell it's not touching the ground, though. And it's swinging back and forth like a person being hung from their neck would.

You can clearly tell it's not touching the ground, though. And it's swinging back and forth like a person being hung from their neck would.

What if it's perched on something that is hanging? Akin to this...

1253f206537e21808bce645fb98b221c.jpg
Brilliant-Peacock-On-Perch-Vintage-Hanging-Bisque-Planter-_1.jpg

Imagine this swinging in the background of some 30's movie
big-tree-with-sitting-peacock-silhouette-sunrise-red-sky-background-KT4CF9.jpg

Last edited:
This is one conspiracy that is so wacky, I can't believe people bought into it.

So let me get this straight. Someone hung themselves on set. People on set would've known about it. They would've known the location, and that they possibly caught it on film. They watch the scene, notice the hanging, and...decide to leave it in the final cut?

Not even in the 30's.

I'm sure we've all heard that one, right? That one of the munchkins in The Wizard Of Oz actually hung themselves and it was caught on tape? The explanation has always been that it was a crane bird spreading its wings, and if you watch the colorized version, that seems the logical explanation.

However, many are claiming that footage of the old VHS version tells a different story and that the bird may have been edited in in later versions. And if you compare the two, they seem to be right:

Newer Version:

Original VHS Version:

What do you think? There's clearly no bird visible in the original print and that definitely looks like a person (a fully grown one at that, most certainly not a munchkin) that's swinging back and forth from a noose. Even if we assume it isn't a live one, it still has the figure of one and MGM must have edited it over with a bird for some reason, right? It's an interesting find nonetheless.

Definitely odd.
But, it couldve been something that was a prop that was dangling that they wanted to get out of the actual video so they rendered it out.

Never knew they got that big

This is one conspiracy that is so wacky, I can't believe people bought into it.

So let me get this straight. Someone hung themselves on set. People on set would've known about it. They would've known the location, and that they possibly caught it on film. They watch the scene, notice the hanging, and...decide to leave it in the final cut?

Not even in the 30's.

Lol, no shit. I know a lot of crazy people think that Hollywood is run by satanists or some shit, but they’re just going to carry on with business as usual with a dead body hanging 8 feet from where the Scarecrow walks by? Monica please.

It’s true. The person was my aunts brothers sisters cousin.

there is a clear difference in the videos. one resembles a man swinging, presumably hanging from his neck and the other a bird walking around and unfolding its wings.

they must be two different videos or teo different takes because there is no way they had the technology back then to superimpose one or the other.

Thats not true. The technolgy to superimpose images on film absolutely was available. 100%.

That doesn't mean that this legend is true or not though.

More like an urban legend created by conspiracy theory nerds on the Internet.
How would this go unnoticed for 70 years?

What if I told you that was a swinging dildo?

Thats not true. The technolgy to superimpose images on film absolutely was available. 100%.

That doesn't mean that this legend is true or not though.
I meant when the movie first came out and you'll from my next post I also conceded that when it was released on VHS they did have the tech

After watching the 2nd video it sure looks real to me damn it!
Well there was movement so maybe he literally hung himself minute or two before they walk down the yellow brick road? Why do people say hung around set all day and no one noticed. Might of literally just happened for the final scene.

Back