Remember that time Cody toyed with Cruz?

remember when Rich body kick KO-d Hamill?

sometimes I forget, and then smile a bit as I remember
30clhqd.gif

Kinda like TJ in the Cruz fight. He arguably won and landed more strikes than Cruz but dumbasses roll with the narrative that "TJ swung at air all night".
No, Cruz landed more

Go watch the stats, Cruz won
I just did and Fight Metric hasn't changed in the last 60 seconds. THE STATS still say TJ landed 130 and Cruz landed 122. 130 is more than 122. Go check the stats. The stats will tell you. I think you should check the stats. The Fight Metric stats. They'll tell you. Stats say 130 TJ, 122 Cruz. Those are the stats. You should go look at the stats.

Fight Metric says TJ landed more.

Oustruck Cruz 130 to 122, per fight metric. TJ should be on like title defense #7 now.
Only Significant strikes matters

I just did and Fight Metric hasn't changed in the last 60 seconds. THE STATS still say TJ landed 130 and Cruz landed 122. 130 is more than 122. Go check the stats. The stats will tell you. I think you should check the stats. The Fight Metric stats. They'll tell you. Stats say 130 TJ, 122 Cruz. Those are the stats. You should go look at the stats.
But but but, the stats don't tell the whole story :'(

Fightmetric says Dom won, look into it

no it doesn't.

Fightmetric's criteria for who won goes beyond the raw stats. They also offer a qualitative analysis that goes hand-in-hand w. the stats.

In many cases, such as this, they offer context to the stats to explain who should have won.

For example in Penn/GSP I you had GSP landing more strikes but Penn delivering for more damage.

And even if you just look at fightmetric data, Cody clearly won at least 3 rounds from knockdowns and takedowns.

Cruz had more significant strikes - head, body, legs.
Cody had 2 knockdowns.
Cody won 3 rounds, Cruz 2.

No, he did not toyed with him. Just because he did some break dance it does not mean he toyed with him.

Khabib toyed with Barboza.
Stipe toyed with Ngannou.
Cody did not toyed with Cruz.

Kinda like TJ in the Cruz fight. He arguably won and landed more strikes than Cruz but dumbasses roll with the narrative that "TJ swung at air all night".
It's harder for less astute fans to keep up with the pace of lower weight divisions and also their punches don't do as much noticeable damage as far as knocking guys down or off balance compared to higher weight classes.

Back