Remember when this happened....?

I remember on TUF, I didn't like Leben at first, but as the season went on people kept acting like an asshole towards him, and I genuinely felt bad for him.

Then I really became a fan because win or lose, he came to fight. I don't actually remember him ever being in a boring scrap.

Leben did have that crazy zombie like chin... wonder how he would have faired under USADA?

I question whether he was using PEDs during his best years. The fight for which he popped, versus Bisping, he suddenly came out looking utterly cut. Never before had he looked that way.

I use to rip on wandy fans so hard.. hes one of the most rubbish fighter from the golden era.

uhh ..what is Maldonado? Fabio Maldonado was a journeyman from the division below Fedor's and he still completely trashed Fedor.

i love Fedor, and on my list he's #1, but i'm also realistic.

what i'm saying is, just because Wand lost to Leben should mean absolutely nothing because he was a shell of himself at that point. nobody talks about the guy who armbarred JDS in the beginning of his career, and nobody shits on Muhammad Ali for losing when he was an old man.

because the loss needs to be seen within the proper context. and Overeem lost to a lot worse guys than Chris Leben.

Yes, but Fedor hung in there with Maldonado and maybe even won a round. Fedor also has the resume to compensate for this mishap. Wanderlei lost to a lot of the big names on his resume. And Wanderlei had also suffered a string of losses in the UFC, before Fedor had even begun to lose in Strikeforce.

Wand thought he hurt him and subsequently turned into an ape as he always does

Oh how I miss the days of the prime chin Chris Leben

yeah, except every HW in the GOAT talks has been destroyed in seconds. Fedor, Cain, Werdum, Overeem, have all been smashed within the 1st minute of the fight.
Not by a journeyman like Leben while fighting like a drunken woman.

Yes, but Fedor hung in there with Maldonado and maybe even won a round. Fedor also has the resume to compensate for this mishap. Wanderlei lost to a lot of the big names on his resume. And Wanderlei had also suffered a string of losses in the UFC, before Fedor had even begun to lose in Strikeforce.

doesn't really make sense. Fedor gets extra points for hanging in there with a shitty LHW? while Wand loses points because he got knocked out by a guy who was actually ranked?

Not by a journeyman like Leben while fighting like a drunken woman.

ODshQJUKKH9HG.gif

I feel sorry for Chris because he's already feeling the effects of CTE. Who cares about not getting credit for beating Wand when you weigh it against that. Sad.

He also has a well documented history of substance abuse which im sure hasnt done his brain any favors either

Back