Remembering the insanity of December 10 2016

MMA_enthusiast

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
December 10 2016 (december 11th for me in Australia) was truly a day where my commitment to combat sports was tested.
It all started at 7:00am in the morning with Anthony Joshua creaming Eric Molina in the 3rd round to retain the IBF heavyweight Title. (watched on cable subscription through fox sports EDIT: watched on Jadoo 4 tv not fox sports)

After this at around 9 or 10, probably the biggest kickboxing match ever happened when Rico Verhoeven vs Badr Hari went to war. It was insane fans fuckin stormed the ring to support Hari. The match was awesome but had a very anticlimatic finish with badr breaking his arm. (i think i bought this on UFC app can't remember)

After this you had a boxing card with Abner Mares-Jesus Cuellar for WBA featherweight belt (did not watch this), but watched Jermall Charlo knock out Julian Williams in the 5th to retain IBF junior middleweight title

(streamed this, go ahead judge me)

Before UFC 206 you had a bellator kickboxing card which featured the best kickboxer on earth Georgio "The Doctor" Petroysan disect some english scrub. This was around 12 or 1
(streamed this as well)

At 2pm Then you had a triple header with bellator 168 (average card) only watched the Sakara beltran fight, (streamed this on ipad)

UFC 206 which honestly was for me the best event of the year, bought this on cable ppv as i am a huge holloway fan
upload_2017-12-11_9-37-28.png

And you had an undefeated, undisputed and one of the most highly regarded boxers of today Terrence Crawford light up John Molina Jr for 8 rounds (streamed on ipad). The Molina's had a bad day across the globe it seems.

Finally after all this it capped off with the last event at 5:30pm on fox sports featuring Joseph Parker earning a boring decision over Andy Ruiz to win the vacant WBO heavyweight title and the first New Zealander to win a major belt in boxing.

It finished around 7pm.

I watched 3 different combat sports for a total of 12 hours. It was mentally exhausting, i was honestly so done by the Petroysan match but the Gastelum match brought me back then Joseph Parker killed the night for me.

Overall it was insane fellow sherdoggers.

EDIT: Short Version
December 10 2016 featured
  • Heavyweight title fight with Anthony Johsua
  • Heavyweight title fight with Joseph Parker
  • Bellator 168
  • Bellator kickboxing with "THE DOCTOR" himself
  • Biggest kickboxing match ever with the young lion Rico vs the legend Hari
  • UFC 206 an amazing main card with timeless fights
  • Terence Crawford showcasing why he is one of the best boxers today and two other boxing title matches.

Last edited:
OP is right. As someone who loves multi-tasking and watching multiple sports at once, particularly boxing, kickboxing and MMA, it was a great night. UFC 206 was a shite card tho lol

<JagsKiddingMe>Arguably the worst PPV of the year.

OP is right. As someone who loves multi-tasking and watching multiple sports at once, particularly boxing, kickboxing and MMA, it was a great night. UFC 206 was a shite card tho lol

how bro,
Korean Superboy and Cub was batshit insane, Cerrone Brown was awesome, Gastelum knocking Kennedy out was delightful, Holloway murking Pettis was awesome, it didn't have star power but it damn sure had fireworks and well worth the $50 for me personally

Multi-tasking = 1-800-GAMBLER

200.gif

And you got to eat some snags, wash them down with some little creatures pale, maybe a boost bar for desert.

Run over to the surf club, some oysters, maybe a bottle of yellow tail.

Stunner deal from hungry Jack's on the way home.

Couple toohey's and a porterhouse and you get to leave the windows open all night.

Not feeling sorry for you. Unless you live in NSW or VIC, then I do.

And you got to eat some snags, wash them down with some little creatures pale, maybe a boost bar for desert.

Couple toohey's and a porterhouse and you get to leave the windows open all night.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA i think i did get that stunner deal that day as well the $2 flatbread sliders from KFC and i am based in sydney NSW

December 10 2016 (december 11th for me in Australia) was truly a day where my commitment to combat sports was tested.
It all started at 7:00am in the morning with Anthony Joshua creaming Eric Molina in the 3rd round to retain the IBF heavyweight Title. (watched on cable subscription through fox sports)

RemarkableShallowAustrianpinscher-max-1mb.gif

<JagsKiddingMe>Arguably the worst PPV of the year.
What? Did you even watch it? Was probably one of the most exciting cards from top to bottom. Every fight was exciting.

<JagsKiddingMe>

i am pretty sure i did because i was watching it on the big tv or i could have airplayed it from a stream i cant remember

EDIT: i remember now, i watched it using this http://jadootv.com/ with jadoo 4 on one of the sports channels they have, i remember specifically not having to airplay this or finding a stream, it was insane day bro

Last night i tried to wacth the Loma fight caught then end and was glad i didn't watch more. Fight Night was alright

The best part of 206 was the one dude on the heavies whining about imaginary nutshots landed on Pettis on literally every thread.

What the fuck... people still think 206 sucked after the fact because it lacked names on paper? The fights turned out to be insane, and if you're an actual fan, it was exciting on paper aswell. It had a triple header feel for me

Yanks scratching thier heads *is this even English? lol

erm.. no? seems like a pretty average day from what you said..

Great thread, but you forgot the most important part of Bellator 168;

U01z4tP.jpg

Back