renato-moicano's jab knockdown over cub swanson

he was only finished twice by strikes, against edwards a long time ago, great kick, and now against aldo
Great kick???? Yves knocked Jeremy out with a right hook (and some elbows). Were you referring to the Josh Thomson fight?

Pre-Aldo KO...

I think Moicano will hold the belt at some point. The guy is really good and with Max out I give him a pretty solid chance of beating everybody.

Cub on the other hand has not looked good in years.

giphy.gif

<{dayum}>

<mma4>

Top-tier jab power... dude is going to have a good career with improving his technique.

I just rewatched that fight and to anybody saying Cub has not looked good recently...he was landing the better shots before the knockdown. He landed 2 pretty good overhand and was landing low kicks.

Maybe his chin is getting weaker though but he's still a damn good fighter.

Or you'll get taken down in two seconds for keeping your hands too high. Why do you think nobody in MMA takes a boxing stance? You have to be able to switch to grappling at any moment.
There's more to it than just takedowns. The boxing stance is heavy on the lead leg, which is bad news against any opponent who knows how to kick. And more generally, shelling up with your hands high doesn't work too well in MMA, where punches can slip past the small gloves. Obviously, hands up and chin down is still a good policy, but only to an extent.

As for Moicano and Cub, that was obviously a great jab. He put some pop behind it, and it landed at the end of the punch. However, I'd say it's also a product of Cub getting older. He's simply not as fast and reflexive as he used to be.

Cub focuses too much on power shots, has his whole career

His new contract he signed not to long ago has left him what, 0-4? The way hes been looking he wouldnt last against Bellators top FW’s either.....

Or you'll get taken down in two seconds for keeping your hands too high. Why do you think nobody in MMA takes a boxing stance? You have to be able to switch to grappling at any moment.
That, and if you leave that lead leg out there it's going to get eaten up. You're also more susceptible to knees and head kicks.

Poor cub got wrecked...at least he’s happy with his contract now

Is the greatest thing since Cowboy's jab knockdown over Barboza.

Actually it's much more impressive since current version of cub has great MMA boxing from sparring with his friend and p4p boxer Tim Bradly. Don't any of u start pretending like that korean superboy's hype train wasn't clowned by cub's hands.

@ 2mn10

Ok ugh you know what I meant. Obviously it's MMA so know everything well.

Literally just have good fundamental boxing and you'll destroy in UFC.

Yea that good kicks, a black belt in bjj, division 1 level wrestling ability, great cardio and a great clinch game. That's all fundamental boxing right?

Back