rener gracie short darce

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

what do you guys think about this? i for one have short arms i love darces but when they extend the neck i basically abandon it. i think this works well vs big fat guys just like big fat guys with big shoulders tp triangles work well even if they arnt very tight just due to how they are built

anyways it looks like its a bit of a crank as well discuss

Tyrone Woodley recently subbed Darren Till with the shallow darce.

I believe it's also part of his guillotine mastery series of attacks with arm in guillotine, darce and anaconda sequences.

My coach has gone through the sequence alot with Rener, and bern caught in it. Which means I've been caught in it alot now too lol

I'd also be on the lookout for this out of T-City. We just saw him recently look for the darce standing against Swanson so I think that's a good indication of where they have this series.

what do you guys think about this? i for one have short arms i love darces but when they extend the neck i basically abandon it. i think this works well vs big fat guys just like big fat guys with big shoulders tp triangles work well even if they arnt very tight just due to how they are built

anyways it looks like its a bit of a crank as well discuss

the best darce guy at my gym has short arms. his secret is simply that he goes for the japanese necktie grip first, which is analogous to a short-arm darce.

the best darce guy at my gym has short arms. his secret is simply that he goes for the japanese necktie grip first, which is analogous to a short-arm darce.

Is the japanese neck tie grip essentially a half nelson? Serious question.

I have short arms too. If I don't do some kind of half nelson I will never get the darce on anyone decent.

Also I don't have a problem so much with neck extension as I do when they flatten their back out. What do you do to salvage/counter this type of defense?

I have short arms too. If I don't do some kind of half nelson I will never get the darce on anyone decent.

Also I don't have a problem so much with neck extension as I do when they flatten their back out. What do you do to salvage/counter this type of defense?

it's basically just a darce with a palm to palm grip (i do mine with thumbs crossed as Edwin Najmi teaches because it gives more wrist mobility). you can finish with the necktie by hooking the leg and getting your forehead to the mat, but it's higher percentage as a 'darce staging area' where you can either get your opponent to turn over with heavy neck pressure, or you can lock a full darce grip by inching your grip deeper and deeper via counterpressure on the back of opp's head.

Last edited:
Japanese necktie = 3/4 nelson in wrestling (3/4 nelson position at :42)

A half nelson is similar, but you use your "head side arm" to come under their arm and behind their head, typically to turn them onto their back. (Half nelson position at 1:20)

yeah i was confused as fuck when he said that its done with a half nelson i could not fathom a darce/necktie done with a half

Back