Rener Gracie was pleading with Doctor not to stop the fight

• Thread starter Deleted member 546119
  • Start date
I mean, it's not that they could have known that

30 more seconds
Well they could have since even his corner putting ice on it was to painful for him and the eye was completely swollen shut.

I mean, it's not that they could have known that

30 more seconds
Well they could have since even his corner putting ice on it was to painful for him and the eye was completely swollen shut.

Ortega almost had him right where he wanted him when he tried to jump guard. Ortega would have submitted him in the 5th.

Hometown doctor bullshit. We need to sell Hawaii to Canada.
{<jordan}

That fight should’ve stopped 30-50 seconds into the 4th round when Ortega was visually impaired. He couldn’t protect himself and was just getting binged repeatedly.

That’s ridiculous considering Ortega’s face looked like mush meat. Horrible person for that.

Was reminded of Mayweather vs Gatti early Saturday. Nice to see Gatti's corner man call the fight when he sees his man has no chance.

lol @ folks thinking he had anything left... only thing he would be catching in the 5th is early on set dementia ... better keep your hands up playboy...

brian-ortega-releases-statement-on-doctors-stoppage-at-ufc-231_1.jpg

not surprised. and the fact ortega has him running the ship has me concerned he wont progress as he should. for all the talk that theyve "overtrained" and prepped out their asses for max, the standup ortega showed left much to be desired from a guy thats supposed to be a khabib/tony etc. killer.

i would def make sure i get that striking down from another gym/trainer. cant rely on a gracie to improve ur standup

Gracie isn't his stand up coach though...James luherson is

Brian himself said his nose was broken, not like we needed confirmation because we all saw it get smashed. One eye was completely closed up and his face was a mess.

This is the hurt business so its hard to judge a coach because they know their fighter (and their fighters own desires) more than we do, but at face value it seemed exactly the right time to stop the fight. He was completely battered.

Ortega is young and can likely beat most guys in the division, better to live to fight another day without taking unnecessary brain damage.

Just went back and listened to the Rener interview on MMA Hour before the fight....listen to it, Rener was talking about how dangerous Brian’s standup had become since he KOed Frankie..Maybe Frankie just had a bad night..I know for sure that they advised Brian to stand with Max..

Can we name some MMA people who are bigger narcissists than Rener? Holy crap does that guy have a hardon for himself. I stopped watching his breakdowns because of that before he even got famous.
well the only thing i'll say is prior to that fight ortega looked pretty good striking. But I don't think Rener is his primary coach. At either rate i'm on the fence about rener giving advice. On one hand, he's a master in one area and is very influential, but essentially that means a hill of beans when he goes outside of his expertise.

bullshit stoppage. fucking canada. but he was going to lose anyway
His eye was practically swollen completely shut but "bullshit stoppage" lmao like dude can't fucking see out of one eye, but nah, let him keep fighting. I like the "he was going to lose anyway" after saying it was a bullshit stoppage. "He was going to lose anyway" but let's allow him to keep fighting to a definite loss so that he can lose more years off his life and sustain unnecessary damage.

Even Ortega said he wasn't against the stoppage. He was "prepared to die" but didn't protest the doctor calling it.

His eye was practically swollen completely shut but "bullshit stoppage" lmao like dude can't fucking see out of one eye, but nah, let him keep fighting. I like the "he was going to lose anyway" after saying it was a bullshit stoppage. "He was going to lose anyway" but let's allow him to keep fighting to a definite loss so that he can lose more years off his life and sustain unnecessary damage.

Even Ortega said he wasn't against the stoppage. He was "prepared to die" but didn't protest the doctor calling it.
decide yourself. was it SHUT or PRATICALLY shut. 2 different things

Back