Replaying The Last of Us

TrainAllDay

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
For the first time since it first came out.

Thought I was prepared but Just finished the intro scene and I've already taken a left onto feels boulevard. :(

Damn it this game is good.

I just finished it (well I guess a couple weeks ago or so) on Survivor + the Left Behind DLC. Played it for the first time, too, on PS4.

You are in for a treat and an emotional rollercoaster. Naughty Dog is fucking amazing and the acting and atmosphere in this game are amazing. You need any tips let me know.

Damn, I loved this game. I might go play it on my Grounded Mode save right now. It's way more intense and nerve-wracking at night and when you have NO SUPPLIES. Fists + stealth + takedowns + bricks + bottles. This will make sense.

I Replayed through it again myself around a month ago. Loved every minute, it's a masterpiece.

Masterpiece, QFT and Quoted For Historical Record

Incredible game. I sold my PS3 last year but i'll definitley be buying a PS4 once TLOS 2 comes out.

I have played it once and i didn't like it. I hated that little girl.

I just finished it (well I guess a couple weeks ago or so) on Survivor + the Left Behind DLC. Played it for the first time, too, on PS4.

You are in for a treat and an emotional rollercoaster. Naughty Dog is fucking amazing and the acting and atmosphere in this game are amazing. You need any tips let me know.

Damn, I loved this game. I might go play it on my Grounded Mode save right now. It's way more intense and nerve-wracking at night and when you have NO SUPPLIES. Fists + stealth + takedowns + bricks + bottles. This will make sense.
Grounded mode sounds awesome

I'm ready to admit that I haven't played this yet on ps3 or 4. It's less than 20 bucks now so I'll be picking it up but it's one of those games that I was always going to get and never did for whatever reason.

Grounded mode sounds awesome

If you're hardcore, it's a wet dream. I never went higher than hard, because I have terrible OCD, and I have to collect everything in each stage every time I play it. Can't explore much, when it's literally impossible to kill the enemies, and you basically have to run away from everything.

just started playing this,its ok. some parts are a right bastard though.

Grounded Mode was great, but it wasn't as hard as others made it out to be. Just can't get hit more than once, lol.

Once in a while, I'll play multiplayer. Love the Enforcer.

Multiplayer is insanely fun, trying to get my fiance to play it. I've already gotten as good as I can at MP, so I haven't played in a year.

Setting up traps/ambushes is so great. The Enforcer w/ Silencer and Covert 4 (iirc) + Fast Crouch/Silent Crouch = a lot of kills. Tactical shotgun is satisfying, but a little OP.

About Grounded mode...

Yeah, that's what I came to after finishing Survivor. Don't know if I'm good like that, but I had no issues; fuck getting hit... dodging and punch combos/finishers and bricks for clickers is all you need to beat the game. It's not difficult at all, just involves patience.

Seriously, using a brick on a clicker (or anyone) is pretty badass. Overall, you can beat this game without using anything other than what you find (using shivs is pretty useful, but you can do it without them, too).

Yeah, that one too. Been a while. That's arguably required if you're going to cover a spot as sniper.

The last time I played it, it was the hardest difficulty on the PS3, and I swear half of the time I was looking for scissors.

Sheesh, that was a pain in the ass.

A lot of people don't think this game has much replay value, but it definitely does for me. Lately, I mostly just do speedruns. You don't actually have to use stealth as much as the game guides you to think, but you do have to be pretty familiar with the right techniques to get it to work. Before speedruns, I was more into doing grounded no damage runs and figuring out where all the supplies are. There are actually a lot of hidden supplies in the game, so even on grounded, if you gather and conserve correctly, you can still end up with a lot of supplies and then you'll have ammo and bombs and Molotov cocktails when you really need them. There's also a glitch with shivs where you keep your shivs up in order to unlock shiv doors or to shiv enemies. Basically you take a modded melee weapon and switch it out with a non-modded melee weapon and then switch it back. The game gives you back enough "scissors" material to make another shiv, or even to make more nail bombs.

just started playing this,its ok. some parts are a right bastard though.

this is one of the games that's ok until you pass a certain area and suddenly it takes off.. very much like a great novel that starts out slow but becomes a page turner a third of the way through reading it. I actually stopped playing early on the PS3 version because I thought it was just ok. Then I bought a PS4 and the remastered verson. As I was playing it again I thought to myself "damn this game is still the same.. just okay to me...:" Then I pass the point I had stopped and the game literally took off and I was like "wow.. I get it".. By the time I was done it was one of best gaming experience I ever had...

keep on playing bro.. u will get it...

Gonna replay it soon in 4k or whatever the fuck resolution the Pro runs it at 60 FPS. I've only played the PS3 version.

Gonna replay it soon in 4k or whatever the fuck resolution the Pro runs it at 60 FPS. I've only played the PS3 version.

Man I love the game but the graphics do not hold up. Especially compared to UC4

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bob Gnuheart
Back