Report: Stipe Miocic vs Cain Velasquez being targeted for UFC 216

I'd like an objective explanation as to why it's so laughable. Can Stipe do ANYTHING to pass Fedor? He ALREADY is on the most impressive streak in HW history.

"Derr...he can NEVER make up for losing to Struve. PRIDE NEVER DIED!"

Love you guys.
he defended the belt twice, against a shot JDS and reem. reem was legit, I have to say (also reem threw the fucking fight, but it is what it is). hunt is a good win in a sense, but he came in overweight in that fight, had to cut weight, had an even worse cardio. arlovski was looking good before fighting miocic, I give you that, another good win then and werdum fought like a dumbass

overall, 2 or 3 good wins. if that's the most impressive streak, well, you never heard of fedor or big nog, I guess

if he defends the belt, say 5 times, he would be at the cusp, but until then...

he defended the belt twice, against a shot JDS and reem. reem was legit, I have to say (also reem threw the fucking fight, but it is what it is). hunt is a good win in a sense, but he came in overweight in that fight, had to cut weight, had an even worse cardio. arlovski was looking good before fighting miocic, I give you that, another good win then and werdum fought like a dumbass

overall, 2 or 3 good wins. if that's the most impressive streak, well, you never heard of fedor or big nog, I guess

if he defends the belt, say 5 times, he would be at the cusp, but until then...

How many times did Fedor or Nog defend their belts? And you did some serious mental gymnastics---JDS had just schooled a resurgent BigBen to a CLEAR 50-45.

Fedor beat shot Coleman and shot/never that good Randleman. Shot, never that good Sylvia who lost to Ray Mercer in his next fight. And those are 3 of the 5 UFC champs his fans laud him for beating (and nog was only interim champ). 3 good wins...decisions over Nog and CC (10-12 in the ufc). And an impressive KO of Arlovski.

I couldn't care less about the MW/LHWs and HW scrubs he beat in Rings in limited rules fights.

God, imagine the reaction around here if Stipe DARED to fight Zulu, HMC, Ishii, Lindland, etc.

Stipe's last 4 fights are 1st round KO's in a title eliminator, title fight, and 2 defenses against the clear #1 contenders----no HW has a similar accomplishment.

Rico beat Nog, Mir killed Nog 2x.

Last edited:
Please make it to the fight, and you fucking asshole

Oh, it's on now. War Cain!!!

And please come into the octagon relatively healthy, please. I know you're the real champ, and injuries have messed you career up, badly. Please be healthy.

Oh really? He lost to Werdum fair and square. Werdum then lost to Stipe in the first round. Stipe has since defended his title against Reem and JDS. How is he not the real champ? If Ngannou beats JDS, he's the rightful number 1 contender. Cain needs to win another fight imo.

Stylistically it's the best fight at HW and has been for awhile. This and TJ/Cody are the most interesting fights in the sport right now IMO. Hope this doesn't fall through because of Cain getting injured again. I wish it was in the same card as TJ/Cody. Imagine 217 with Cain/Stipe, Max/Frankie and TJ/Cody.

IMG_1704.jpg

Just make that walk Cain. Stipe's 5 win KO streak would be pretty damn impressive.

Dude Velasquez in title fights is a mess.

He pulled out of his rematch with Werdum in February 16, then again in December 16, the athletic commission refused to approve him healthy to fight.

Dude fought ONE TIME in 2016, pulled out twice.

Fought ONE TIME in 2015

Fought ZERO TIMES in 2014

I can't fathom how getting wrecked by Werdum and beat lol Travis Browne makes him next up for the title, after pulling out twice in a row from injury.

Heavyweight is a wasteland.

Back