Report UFC’s Fight Pass has 400,000 subscribers

That’s a ton of money a year that they barely have to do anything for.

And people act like they’re full of shit when they say they just had their best year ever. MayMac and fight pass alone made them a ton of money last year.

Crunching numbers, that is about $30-40m a year before content/staff expenses

Last edited:
Not surprised I guess, it's about the best option if you're an mma fan and don't mind paying. I only cancelled mine because of the region blackouts, and I had binged a shitload of old fights and needed a break.

Damn. That’s surprising

I remember when it first launched, it shot to 150k really fast & people were surprised
So 250k since has to be considered good
I have no insight to their goals/projections recently
But the fact the numbers grew while interest is down over-all in MMA, must be the reason Amazon, Youtube & NBC are going after it.

Does anyone know how much subscribers WWE has? I would be interesting to compare since I've read WWE changed their business model to focus solely on WWE pass (free PPV's if you have WWE pas).

Does anyone know how much subscribers WWE has? I would be interesting to compare since I've read WWE changed their business model to focus solely on WWE pass (free PPV's if you have WWE pas).
Around 1.5 million.

I'm assuming these are paid subs?

Crunching numbers, that is about $30-40m a year before content/staff expenses)

Seems like a reasonable-ish estimates all things considered.

I don't know if much has changed since then but when Eric Winter jumped onboard, I believe either Jeremy Botter or Ariel Helwani described it as a skeleton crew/passion project for employees already in the UFC. I also know Meltzer has said that compared to the WWE Network (at the time of their respective inceptions), the WWE was paying out more to run their network.

Would be interesting to see Amazon go for it. Twitch is a great platform for the UFC.

The current size isn't exactly a large dollar number for Amazon. 30-40 mil is pocket change.

Yeah because fans have become so disillusioned with the product and fighters of today, that they have had to sub to fightpass so they can watch all the old days, when UFC was at its best. I expect the number to get bigger as the cards get worse and worse. People need something to hold on to and enjoy.

I did have fightpass for a month, so I could watch some older events, although I have a lot of the old events on VHS but no longer have a video player. The VHS versions are better though because nothing is cut out, the fightpass cuts a lot out. Like when Tank Abbott murdered Steve Nelmark, on fightpass it just cuts off when Big John raises his hands, but on the VHS version they show Nelmark out cold for ages and they can't wake him up and was still out cold on stretcher.

Expect fightpass to grow as fans stop watching current UFC, but still love UFC so they can go back and watch all the amazing events of yester year. Very few people use it to watch the fightpass prelims and all that low level garbage we get today. Nostalgia, the peak era's will never be forgotten

Hell, I got it and I ain't paid for a PPV since Silva vs. Diaz

They got me with a 1 week trial. See I thought I had a month trial so lots of time to cancel, but it was a week so they took my money. Clever barsteds!

How's that compare to premium cable subscribers?

Back