Report UFC’s Fight Pass has 400,000 subscribers

Love fight pass, stream it on tv via XBoxOne and my desktop. Mainly watch live events like UFC prelims, Invicta, Alaskan Fighting Championships & they just added Muy Thai via Triumphant Combat Sports which will air 8 events this year. They upload fights nights and ppvs within about a month. Already watched every TUF season & documentaries on Pride & early UFC. The library has every Pride and UFC event starting from UFC 1.

Fight Pass is a piece of shit product and it looks like it’s been designed by interns who hadn’t graduated design school yet.

The user experience is terrible, the design is ugly and the whole search engine is a bitch to deal with.

Also, i remember when i had it, the stream was fucking slow as fuck. I searched for an illegal stream and that shit was faster than the actual Fight Pass stream. That shit is ridiculous.

Oh, and there were times I was blacked out from watching prelims, like wtf? I’m from California.

Curious... Where does the information come from? Seems to be a site where the thread originator is a writer... And there are no cited sources. Jus sayin

Does anyone know how much subscribers WWE has? I would be interesting to compare since I've read WWE changed their business model to focus solely on WWE pass (free PPV's if you have WWE pas).

1.5m worldwide

I'm assuming these are paid subs?

Seems like a reasonable-ish estimates all things considered.

I don't know if much has changed since then but when Eric Winter jumped onboard, I believe either Jeremy Botter or Ariel Helwani described it as a skeleton crew/passion project for employees already in the UFC. I also know Meltzer has said that compared to the WWE Network (at the time of their respective inceptions), the WWE was paying out more to run their network.

It is not even close
But WWE cut down a lot in expenses since they never hit their target goals

Curious... Where does the information come from? Seems to be a site where the thread originator is a writer... And there are no cited sources. Jus sayin

First thing in the link says "deadline.com" with their exact quote underneath

Not sure how you missed it ;)

Last edited:
Fight pass is great. I use it weekly, whenever i have some free time

Yeah because fans have become so disillusioned with the product and fighters of today, that they have had to sub to fightpass so they can watch all the old days, when UFC was at its best. I expect the number to get bigger as the cards get worse and worse. People need something to hold on to and enjoy.

I did have fightpass for a month, so I could watch some older events, although I have a lot of the old events on VHS but no longer have a video player. The VHS versions are better though because nothing is cut out, the fightpass cuts a lot out. Like when Tank Abbott murdered Steve Nelmark, on fightpass it just cuts off when Big John raises his hands, but on the VHS version they show Nelmark out cold for ages and they can't wake him up and was still out cold on stretcher.

Expect fightpass to grow as fans stop watching current UFC, but still love UFC so they can go back and watch all the amazing events of yester year. Very few people use it to watch the fightpass prelims and all that low level garbage we get today. Nostalgia, the peak era's will never be forgotten
"The low level garbage we get today" is a lot better than all those old events you have on VHS.

But you are right, rosy retrospection is the reason why people still watch shitty old school events.

Awesome news Frankie, i was very interested in knowing how many subscribers there were for fightpass, i can't imagine ufc ever going the full streaming route ala WWE or NBH, NFL, my siblings get me a year membership for this on my birthday, but i have to be honest, i never watch any of the lower card events being streamed there like cage warriors and invicta. i mainly only use fight pass to watch previous fights of guys who are fighting soon, like i went on a yoel romero and luke rockhold binge before their fight, doing it the same for ortega and edgar, i am at a point that i only use it for the 1 month fight pass and historical purposes, does anyone else feel the same?

Omg UFC is alive and well

Yeah because fans have become so disillusioned with the product and fighters of today, that they have had to sub to fightpass so they can watch all the old days, when UFC was at its best. I expect the number to get bigger as the cards get worse and worse. People need something to hold on to and enjoy.

I did have fightpass for a month, so I could watch some older events, although I have a lot of the old events on VHS but no longer have a video player. The VHS versions are better though because nothing is cut out, the fightpass cuts a lot out. Like when Tank Abbott murdered Steve Nelmark, on fightpass it just cuts off when Big John raises his hands, but on the VHS version they show Nelmark out cold for ages and they can't wake him up and was still out cold on stretcher.

Expect fightpass to grow as fans stop watching current UFC, but still love UFC so they can go back and watch all the amazing events of yester year. Very few people use it to watch the fightpass prelims and all that low level garbage we get today. Nostalgia, the peak era's will never be forgotten

It would be interesting to know viewer hits
With WWE it was thought the same, until they released what people were watching & it was predominantly new stuff & not the catalogue & their interest is waning as well.

I have no idea why you think "very few people use it to watch the fightpass prelims" if that was truly the case, Amazon (& others) would not be bidding & beta testing live event purchase/streaming.

Awesome news Frankie, i was very interested in knowing how many subscribers there were for fightpass, i can't imagine ufc ever going the full streaming route ala WWE or NBH, NFL, my siblings get me a year membership for this on my birthday, but i have to be honest, i never watch any of the lower card events being streamed there like cage warriors and invicta. i mainly only use fight pass to watch previous fights of guys who are fighting soon, like i went on a yoel romero and luke rockhold binge before their fight, doing it the same for ortega and edgar, i am at a point that i only use it for the 1 month fight pass and historical purposes, does anyone else feel the same?

You are welcome
I wish I can take credit for digging up the numbers (I was asked a lot to find them after I did that Amazon news), but I just read it in the Observer & saw Deadline reported it.
It is their news & no idea where they got it from.

It would be interesting to know viewer hits
With WWE it was thought the same, until they released what people were watching & it was predominantly new stuff & not the catalogue & their interest is waning as well.

I have no idea why you think "very few people use it to watch the fightpass prelims" if that was truly the case, Amazon (& others) would not be bidding & beta testing live event purchase/streaming.

Frankie i would love to know if you can more information on the viewing habits of the subscribers, i.e what is the most viewed content like fightpass prelims for ufc ppv's or fight pass event, other promotions or historical fights. thanks again for this info

Frankie i would love to know if you can more information on the viewing habits of the subscribers, i.e what is the most viewed content like fightpass prelims for ufc ppv's or fight pass event, other promotions or historical fights. thanks again for this info

I'd love to know too lol

All I can do is surmise by the news that Amazon, YT & others want the live programming that the FP live programming does well.
It would only make sense, otherwise why would Amazon beta test live programming & offer to buy it outright?

I know Meltzer has said Invicta does really well on FP. That is all I can offer now man

So that's 70k more subscribers in the 7 months - give or take - since UFC has sold? @FrankieNYC do you have any information on why they have gained so many subscribers since WME bought in?

I'll be a UFC shill for a second - fight pass is worth every penny and I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't given it a try... especially if you are a relatively new fan. There is no better way to quickly increase your MMA knowledge.

All 3 of the “exclusive fight pass prelim fights” were shown on tv for free last weekend. I think to fill space bc fools were getting KO’d and submitted left and right.

So that's 70k more subscribers in the 7 months - give or take - since UFC has sold? @FrankieNYC do you have any information on why they have gained so many subscribers since WME bought in?

I'll be a UFC shill for a second - fight pass is worth every penny and I highly recommend it to anyone who hasn't given it a try... especially if you are a relatively new fan. There is no better way to quickly increase your MMA knowledge.

Its been a bit over 1.5 years since the sale
The paperwork was finalized in November 2016 I believe, but sale was announced & new owners started working July 2016.

I haven't see anything as to why the numbers went up, but after I got the Amazon news, it was obvious the numbers had to be decent.

I'd love to know too lol

All I can do is surmise by the news that Amazon, YT & others want the live programming that the FP live programming does well.
It would only make sense, otherwise why would Amazon beta test live programming & offer to buy it outright?

I know Meltzer has said Invicta does really well on FP. That is all I can offer now man
Agreed, i highly doubt those big companies are looking for the back catalogue, they must see big money in live programming, i have had fight pass since inception and i have never watched a single invicta event live or in historical context so i have to be huge outlier in all this lol

Its been a bit over 1.5 years since the sale
The paperwork was finalized in November 2016 I believe, but sale was announced & new owners started working July 2016.

I haven't see anything as to why the numbers went up, but after I got the Amazon news, it was obvious the numbers had to be decent.
Lol, I knew that... I forgot it was 2018 already hahaha my bad. I did the math without thinking and went into 2017 mode. I guess that kinda ruins my question doesn't it? Thanks for answering anyways!

Back