Reports of Widespread Voter Suppression in New York State Democratic Primary

Why else would 100,000 voters be illegally purged intentionally from the voter rolls?

I mean, we could assume they were purging Clinton supporters, but that would be ignoring the evidence of systemic fraud on Clinton's behalf we already know about.

Are you missing the fact that no one is denying that these 100,000 people were illegally purged, with the intent to do so?
You know that NYC-- including Brooklyn-- was a Hillary stronghold, right? That was both in polling and the regular vote. If the DNC wanted to suppress votes they should have been doing it outside of the city:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...atic-primary-results.html#11/40.7100/-73.9800
60927308-9437-4ef5-ba8c-0d049ae7816d.png

A WNYC analysis of the list of voters purged on June 18 and July 5, 2015 finds a disproportionate number of voters with Latino and Asian surnames. The purged voters are also concentrated in the congressional district of Democrat Nydia Velazquez.
Both of these groups were hardcore pro-Hillary in NYC. Follow the NYT link I provided above to see this.

So, if you're just going to dumbly point to 100K purged voters and asked me that question, I'm tempted to answer, "Because they wanted Bernie to win." Explains why the Republican clerk might have been in league with her Democratic deputy. Sabotage!

Really, if you just paid the smallest effort to investigating your biases...

I agree, I was just commenting on the fact that it is very likely possible rather then whether it happened or not. This could very well simply be hysteria.

Please dont apologize to him. It is his favorite thing in the world, for him to demand explanations he already knows, and then give paper thin plausible deniability for why those things he already knew about are wrong, but wanted you to tell him about.

Don't believe for one second that Mick here doesn't know about the data mining, and exactly how they could be purging likely voters from voting registration lists.

You know that NYC-- including Brooklyn-- was a Hillary stronghold, right? That was both in polling and the regular vote. If the DNC wanted to suppress votes they should have been doing it outside of the city:
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive...atic-primary-results.html#11/40.7100/-73.9800
60927308-9437-4ef5-ba8c-0d049ae7816d.png

Both of these groups were hardcore pro-Hillary in NYC. Follow the NYT link I provided above to see this.

So, if you're just going to dumbly point to 100K purged voters and asked me that question, I'm tempted to answer, "Because they wanted Bernie to win." Explains why the Republican clerk might have been in league with her Democratic deputy. Sabotage!

Really, if you just paid the smallest effort to investigating your biases...

Lol, you are a joke.

You demand the who, but don't demand the same answer of yourself.

You flippantly say it was for Bernie, but do so in a joking manor, because you know that is absurd. That he doesn't have that influence in NY, and that Clinton did.

Your fucking clown pants.

Republicans say that elections are stolen by dead people and illegal immigrants voting. Both of which there is 0% evidence that it ever happens.

Elections are stolen way before the ballots are cast. Gerrymandering (which Republicans are in court for in multiple states) and voter suppression (which Republicans are in court for in NC and maybe other states) is how elections are stolen.

Wait, I thought Mick was just throwing chump bait for me.

You actually agree, that voter supression doesn't have to do with supressing votes, but needs a racial element?

That is some Orwellian shit right there. Words have meanings.
Huh? I don't think he wrote that.

Huh? I don't think he wrote that.

I guess it was somewhat open to interpretation, but......

"This is a white girl. Voter suppression tactics have always focused on race, district, or other outwardly identifying traits in order to target and "suppress" votes from that population (not individuals)"

Reports of Widespread Voter Suppression in New York State Democratic Primary

• COLIN KALMBACHER SEP 13, 2018 3:39 PM
On the day New York State Democrats select their party’s standard-bearers for the upcoming midterm elections, voters are reporting numerous forms of procedural roadblocks, incorrect voting information and disenfranchisement that many suggest rise to the level of voter suppression.

In a series of tweets beginning mid-morning on Thursday, New York Magazine author Rebecca Traister detailed her own purge from Democratic Party voter rolls–despite the fact that she’s voted from the same address for the past four years. Traister noted that she wasn’t the only one experiencing such issues

Rebecca Traister@rtraister
· 18h

Replying to @rtraister
So folks, if Cynthia, Jumaane, Zephyr or Zellnor loses by a single vote tonight, just wait for the affidavit ballots to come in! (Seriously though what the actual fuck)

Also worth noting: this was 8:30, and the poll watcher who helped me said I was the second person she’d spoken to who had this problem—another woman who said she was an active, regular voter and not in the books.

Traister’s thread continued–and taking stock of the same thing happening to a friend of hers. She wrote, “Also! My next door neighbor, registered for years as a Dem, an RHA activist, extremely politically engaged, especially in local and state elections this season, is also not on the rolls at our polling place. She’s on her way to get a court order as we speak.”

Soon, other New York State voters began chiming in with similar stories.

Lydia Polgreen, editor-in-chief of HuffPost and a former director at the New York Times, said she had her information scrubbed from the Democratic Party’s voter rolls as well.

Lydia Polgreen

✔@lpolgreen

Happened to me too.

Guess who wasn’t on the rolls this morning at the polling place I’ve voted for four years?

6:22 AM - Sep 13, 2018

Jess McIntosh, a New York resident who hosts the popular Signal Boost show on Sirius XM also went to vote on Thursday morning. And when she did, McIntosh discovered that her name was not on the Democratic Party’s voter rolls either.

McIntosh described her situation by way of advice to others facing the same issue. She wrote, “Had to assert my rights for the 1st time at a polling place today! Reminder: if you’re in the right place and not on the rolls, sign an affidavit and cast a provisional ballot.”

As the day wore on, similar stories cropped up all across Twitter and Facebook.

Kristen Richardson discussed her own experience and that of multiple friends, noting that she’d never once been forced to accept an affidavit–or provisional–ballot before today:

· 18h

Guess who wasn’t on the rolls this morning at the polling place I’ve voted for four years?

Kristen Richardson@butwhyevernot

Three of us just in my line weren't on the voter rolls at my polling place (in Clinton Hill). This is the first affidavit ballot I've had to cast there. WTAF indeed.

6:30 AM - Sep 13, 2018

Podcast host John Gawarecki-Maxwellalso noted the extent of stories coming from New York State voters but didn’t appear to have experienced the issue himself:
John Gawarecki-Maxwell@iamjohngm

All I’m hearing today is stories of people mysteriously purged from the voter rolls all over New York again, just like in the 2016 primary. Oh, but I’m sure it’s all just a coincidence that these purges overwhelmingly help the incumbent.

10:33 AM - Sep 13, 2018

Another podcast host and author, Virgil Texas, made light of his own apparent disenfranchisement. He wrote:

Virgil Texas

✔@virgiltexas

To the 6 people left who have not been purged from the New York voter rolls: it’s Election Day. Kindly do what I couldn’t do and vote. When you get to all those judicial races just write in someone funny. Write in the Noid. Nick Mullen. It’s legal. There’s no laws on Election Day

11:00 AM - Sep 13, 2018

Even Democratic National Committee member Nomiki Konst experienced an apparent purging of her information from New York’s voter rolls.

Nomi: TODAY Vote Cynthia, Jumaane, Zephyr

✔@NomikiKonst

Went into vote skipping. But just found out my name was not listed on the roll at my polling place. Despite having the recently sent documentation from board of elections with me. Had to fill out provisional. #Astoria #Queens #NYPrimaries

10:30 AM - Sep 13, 2018 · PS 17 School Gym

At least some voters found they were still on the voter rolls but came to learn that they had somehow been moved over to the conservative New York State Reform Party (which also holding their primary on Thursday).

https://www.google.com/amp/s/lawand...ion-in-new-york-state-democratic-primary/amp/

But our platform is better.

But you are corrupt.

Discuss...........
Could this chaos be caused by the Russians doing dirty deeds with the info they hacked from some 500,000 democrats?

There are always going to be glitches in any system, period.

Voter suppression would require an abnormally high number of such glitches and a targeted pattern of some sort, no?
No, it would just require Kris Kobach and the interstate crosscheck system.

Lol, you are a joke.

You demand the who, but don't demand the same answer of yourself.

You flippantly say it was for Bernie, but do so in a joking manor, because you know that is absurd. That he doesn't have that influence in NY, and that Clinton did.

Your fucking clown pants.
@VivaRevolution

You are assuming they are suppressing the "anti-establishment" vote. You have made that clear with reference to Bernie. I pointed out that even your citation of a "voter purge" refers to a purging of votes in a borough, and particularly of two racial groups, who were both far more likely to support Hillary.

Do you understand, now?

@VivaRevolution

You are assuming they are suppressing the "anti-establishment" vote. You have made that clear with reference to Bernie. I pointed out that even your citation of a "voter purge" refers to a purging of votes in a borough, and particularly of two racial groups, who were both far more likely to support Hillary.

Do you understand, now?

I do, and as has been pointed out, data mining makes it so you could just purge anti-establishment voters.

And let me be clear, my point isn't that I know something you don't. My point is that the available information makes it likely that NY Dems are shady as shit, and breaking the law.

Guaranteed? No

The best explanation with information available, that could 100% end up being wrong? Yes.

Honestly.

Just make all voting online.

I mean if society has accepted to conduct 10x more sensitive personal info on the internet like bank accounts, tax filings, etc...then Im sure we can handle online voting.

Online voting would get rid of shit like this....sure new problems would arise but its better than this prehistoric crap.

Inb4 "but but they can hack the election".....Yes they could....they can do thay right now as well with our old school voting.

I disagree. It would open up even less confidence in our elections, not just in whether the results had been compromised via some hack, but also with identity theft of someone voting under someone else. Rogan uses the banking examples all the time but with banking when something goes bad, its sorted out after the facts and the money is either lost, refunded, etc. A dollar is a lot different from a vote in an election. You can't properly account for even a percentage of the system being compromised or it can change the result which likely is going to take to long to sort through or will just make people lose faith in any elections integrity. Banking and elections aren't close to the same argument.

And are you saying it's far easier now to hack with our current system versus a national scale portal to vote? The other issue you run into is the elections are localized so you'd be changing it to federal control if you did it that way. I doubt it would ever be accepted to change that way.

Why would anyone expect Democrats to be able to run a primary efficiently?

I disagree. Go back to paper ballots, and end closed voting. They can be mailed for easier access. If you are a registered voter for the area, you should be able to vote in any election.
Completely agree with that first part. Paper ballots are by far the most secure form of vote tallying. Online voting results would consistently be viewed as illegitimate by large portions of the populace (basically by supporters of whoever lost). And possibly with good reason.

Not sure if I agree about ending closed voting, but I think I'm persuadable on the issue. Why should party's candidate be chosen by people not from that party?

Completely agree with that first part. Paper ballots are by far the most secure form of vote tallying. Online voting results would consistently be viewed as illegitimate by large portions of the populace (basically by supporters of whoever lost). And possibly with good reason.

Not sure if I agree about ending closed voting, but I think I'm persuadable on the issue. Why should party's candidate be chosen by people not from that party?

Because it will be abused.

If they can do it for you, they will do it to you.

Last edited:
Well, can't blame this on Republicans given the state and city.

I do not feel one bit sorry when candidates like Bernie and Nixon get fucked over by the Democratic Party apparatus. They are loyal to that machine and can be killed by it . No clue what Nixon was even thinking. Waste of people's time and money.

To the Editor:

Make Voting Easier in New York” (editorial, Sept. 13) correctly faults Albany for the state’s abysmal record instituting proven reforms to increase voter participation. The lack of action has left New York with antiquated laws overseen by ineffective, patronage-run boards of elections.

When New York’s political leaders fail to enact proven reforms like same-day registration, that inaction is nothing short of institutionalized voter suppression. Could the fear of adding New Yorkers with unknown voting patterns to the rolls be a motivation for politicians to do nothing?

Neal Rosenstein
New York
The writer is government reform coordinator for the New York Public Interest Research Group.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/14/opinion/letters/voter-suppression-new-york.html

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/a...ks-worst-in-the-country-voting-system/570223/

Back