Elections Republican Martha McSally concedes Arizona Senate race to Democrat Kyrsten Sinema

The Blue Wave keeps rolling on.

Yeah okay. "Blue Wave"<Dany07>

More like Blue Trickle, Revolver.

Dems may have gotten the House Majority(Barely) but the real power still lies in the Senate and the Judiciary.

Both being in Republican control.

Last edited:
QegYZ.jpg

I clicked on this thread to see the amount of butthurt in this thread. There are quite a few hurt butts.

You're being racist by assuming that just because they're brown they're going to vote Democrat tho.

Prejudging large groups of individuals based on their ethnic background is racist.

Please link to the post in this thread where I mentioned race or skin color. I’m very offended that you would accuse me of such a vile act. I myself am black, and I believe you are racist.

Please link to the post in this thread where I mentioned race or skin color. I’m very offended that you would accuse me of such a vile act. I myself am black, and I believe you are racist.

Being black doesn't mean you can't be racist.

I think she is a left wing radical pretending to be a moderate. Time will tell, but I'm not optimistic. I think a lot of the blame goes to McSally for playing safe.

What are you even talking about dude? That’s the stupidest fucking thing I’ve read all day, and I’ve been reading @Darkballs ’s posts. Really tho, you’re pretty racist TBH.

Why tell me you're black then? I don't care.

Just be honest. You don't like Mexicans and other South Americans.

Why else would you be attacking birthright citizenship since they're the primary benefactors of it today?

Yeah okay. "Blue Wave"<Dany07>

More like Blue Trickle, Revolver.

Dems may have gotten the House Majority(Barely) but the real power still lies in the Senate and the Judiciary.

Both being in Republican control.
Democrats picked up 40+ seats despite gerrymandering, 7 governorships despite vote suppression, and only lost 2-3 Senate seats despite the worst map in 100 years.

It was the best Democratic midterm since Watergate.

There’s no legal definition of a wave, but this wasn’t NOT a wave.

Last edited:
Ah, another brand-new resident of my Ignore-List Hotel.

Place is getting packed. <Moves>

Enjoy your stay! <JonesLaugh>
Pretty soon it will just be you and your glory band of bigots in a circle jerk. Lol snowflake.

Democrats picked up 38 seats despite gerrymandering, 7 governorships despite vote suppression, and only lost 2-3 Senate seats despite the worst map in 100 years.

There’s no legal definition of a wave, but this wasn’t NOT a wave.

Or maybe gerrymandering and voter suppression aren’t a thing.

What are you even talking about dude? That’s the stupidest fucking thing I’ve read all day, and I’ve been reading @Darkballs ’s posts. Really tho, you’re pretty racist TBH.

The post where I pointed out that racism tends to not win you votes?

So you bring up that your black as a cover for that? And then tag me?

I think she is a left wing radical pretending to be a moderate. Time will tell, but I'm not optimistic. I think a lot of the blame goes to McSally for playing safe.

How did McSally “play safe?” Did you watch her campaign?

Why will time tell? Sinema is already a representative, do you realize? You can look at her voting record.

McSally will very likely get appointed to McCain’s seat, and possibly lose in 2020.

Limiting the Senate damage to two seats with this map (assuming FL holds for R) was very strong. This puts the Senate in play in 2020.

2020 will see 20 Republicans and 12 Democrats defending (Dems would have to flip 3 of them). Republican seats that we can already predict will be strongly threatened include Cory Gardner (CO), Thom Tillis (NC), and Dan Sullivan (AK), while on the Democratic side Mark Warner (VA), Jeanne Shaheen (NH), and Doug Jones (AL) are the obviously vulnerable ones. Those are just the senators that won by small margins last time (or in a competitive special election). If things go really titty on us, you could see fights for seats like Pat Roberts in KS, or Tina Smith in MN. I don't think things will get crazy enough to threaten Lindsey Graham (SC), Susan Collins (ME) or John Cornyn (TX) but you never know.

And 2022 looks quite a bit worse for Republicans, should they hold on in 2020. Ironically the best chance Republicans have of holding the Senate past 2022 is if Trump loses reelection.

But hey keep thinking that this shift is only because of Latino voters. Because you're only going to push that camp further away from you. And you're also going to ignore it isn't just Latino voters. That's the writing on the wall.

How did McSally “play safe?” Did you watch her campaign?

Why will time tell? Sinema is already a representative, do you realize? You can look at her voting record.

McSally will very likely get appointed to McCain’s seat, and possibly lose in 2020.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/13/us/politics/arizona-election-kyrsten-sinema.html

With Republican politics in Arizona looking less like the brand practiced by senators like John McCain and Jeff Flake — independent-minded, relatively bipartisan at times — many centrist voters in the state’s G.O.P. are increasingly politically homeless.

That has had an impact in suburban areas like vote-rich Maricopa County, which includes Phoenix. Mr. McCain and President Trump both carried the county in 2016, but Ms. Sinema was ahead there by nearly four percentage points over the Republican candidate, Representative Martha McSally.

Ms. Sinema’s win signals that a political realignment in Arizona is possible for federal offices. Hillary Clinton lost the state in 2016 by about 3.5 percentage points; Ms. Sinema was a different kind of candidate, with a different message, and she won statewide by about 1.7 points.

Although Ms. McSally tried to paint Ms. Sinema as a far-left candidate by drawing on her history in the Arizona legislature and past antiwar activities, Ms. Sinema had a voting record in the House that demonstrated a more independent agenda and moderate positions.

In contrast, while Ms. McSally insisted that she supported health care coverage for patients with pre-existing conditions, her voting record on health care bills in the House told a different story. She voted repeatedly to repeal the health care law that covered such patients.

Democrats picked up statehouse seats in suburban areas where such a switch would have been nearly impossible four or perhaps even two years ago, and they look set to gain other seats in state government. They now have a 5-4 advantage in the Congressional delegation, furthering the representation of younger, more educated and in many cases tech-employed voters who do not support President Trump’s politics.

Nailed it. Exciting times for the future.

Back