Republican politician's neo-Nazi group charged with beating black man in restaurant

Even the SPLC said at most, there are only a few thousand "white supremacists" out of well over 300 million people in the US. I guess you know more than them though...

"I know more than the Generals!"

I lost a bet and changed my name.
Funny how you still haven't admitted you were wrong about that.

I was wrong about what? That I hadn't heard of the kid that got killed? No, I hadn't heard about the one specific American child who died as separate entity from the vast numbers of women and children who perished.

I denounced Obama's drone program because of everyone that was killed and focusing on one kid who was American would be fucking stupid. Only a fucking, POS moron scumbag would get upset about the American child and not the rest.

I was wrong about what? That I hadn't heard of the kid that got killed? No, I hadn't heard about the one specific American child who died as separate entity from the vast numbers of women and children who perished.

I denounced Obama's drone program because of everyone that was killed and focusing on one kid who was American would be fucking stupid. Only a fucking, POS moron scumbag would get upset about the American child and not the rest.
You said I'd made it up. Still haven't admitted you were wrong...

You said I'd made it up. Still haven't admitted you were wrong...

I did think you were making it up because because you sounded so crazy and stupid.

You posted a link and I admitted the kid was killed, as you said, and wondered why you were so focused on one kid instead of all the men, women and children who were killed. You still haven't answered.

You saw the tweet right? Cernovich was calling himself alt-right (he used the inclusive label at the time) while espousing the "White Genocide" ideas from white nationalists. After they split he changed his term to "New Right" and deleted all his "White Genocide" commentary.
That's not a coincidence.
There's no confusion in the metaphor, they collectively used "Alt-Right" until Spencer and Co said that yes, it actually refers explicitly to White Nationalism and can't be divorced from racism.
It's not like they could have been unaware of the white nationalists in the audience until that point (impossible if they read the comments section of any of their articles/media, something that Shapiro had commented on), they just apparently didn't feel the need to reject them explicitly until they received media attention.
Up until that point, they were one big group. Sure, there's a spectrum of beliefs and plenty of divisions (as with any group), but they were sharing the same media, outlets, terminology, opinions, claims etc etc etc. Yiannopolous explicitly included Spencer in his "Big Tent" of Alt-Right on Breitbart as late as March 2016, although he drew the line at "1488ers" apparently.
This is precisely the point. This is a reformation.

Of course they knew there were White Supremacists and White Nationalists in the audience. Cernovich actually told rallygoers once to "cool it with the heil salutes." The New Black Panthers and other radicalists attend liberal rallies, too. #BLM was advocating for the abolition of police in their communities, an old Panther dream with shades of Farrakhan's nonwhite-oriented Islamic activism, and they were trotted out on the DNC stage. Are you equally bothered by that?

Celebrities are deleting old tweets because guys like Cernovich are pouring through them trying to manipulate the optics to destroy them. Does Gunn deleting those old tweets indicate that he is, in fact, a pedophile? It's about optics, and clarifying where you stand. Cernovich panders to these people even more directly than Trump, but it doesn't necessarily make him a White Supremacist or White Nationalist any more than Trump. "White Genocide" is an overreaction to what is going on in South Africa, but there is some real shit going down in that country, and the government is complicit. Guys like Cernovich tap into this. If he starts calling for the detainment of non-whites without due process, or the revocation of citizenship from natural born citizens based on their color, or their heritage, then you'll have the ammunition you are looking for.
With regard to Cernovich (who oddly enough is the world's biggest snowflake), he fit the old definition of alt-right, as did Milo and Gavin and some other folks. They would be considered alt-lite now. Of course the mainstream media and others enjoy tying them into the 14/88 wing of the alt-right which won out when it comes to the term alt-right.
Yeah, Cernovich is a scumbag. He doesn't have any remorse for #Pizzagate, or he wouldn't still be doing this. If some loony-tune shot James Gunn on the street because he was convinced the guy was part of a pedophile underground taking over the world, he wouldn't show an ounce of remorse.

I didn't mind Gavin. He just seemed like an angry little white man who was even more angry that the status quo demanded he mute and temper his anger because of his skin color. I guess he lost it a little bit in Israel, but there are some people with really passionate, negative feelings about Israel who aren't Nazis, Neo-Nazis, or anything of the sort.

Welp, we've officially reached the point where police violence protesters asserting their people's right to live are being equated to white supremacists asserting their people's right to racial domination, and calls to disband police forces are being equated to calls to commit genocide as being equally bothersome.

@HomerThompson Isn't self-designated centrism just peachy in 2018?

centrist-history-2-0be.png

Damn. And TS was lecturing and insulting other posters on how to correctly conduct google searches. Meanwhile he fucked up the story royally by not performing google searches correctly.

DUMP

This is precisely the point. This is a reformation.

Of course they knew there were White Supremacists and White Nationalists in the audience. Cernovich actually told rallygoers once to "cool it with the heil salutes." The New Black Panthers and other radicalists attend liberal rallies, too. #BLM was advocating for the abolition of police in their communities, an old Panther dream with shades of Farrakhan's nonwhite-oriented Islamic activism, and they were trotted out on the DNC stage. Are you equally bothered by that?

Celebrities are deleting old tweets because guys like Cernovich are pouring through them trying to manipulate the optics to destroy them. Does Gunn deleting those old tweets indicate that he is, in fact, a pedophile? It's about optics, and clarifying where you stand. Cernovich panders to these people even more directly than Trump, but it doesn't necessarily make him a White Supremacist or White Nationalist any more than Trump. "White Genocide" is an overreaction to what is going on in South Africa, but there is some real shit going down in that country, and the government is complicit. Guys like Cernovich tap into this. If he starts calling for the detainment of non-whites without due process, or the revocation of citizenship from natural born citizens based on their color, or their heritage, then you'll have the ammunition you are looking for.

Yeah, Cernovich is a scumbag. He doesn't have any remorse for #Pizzagate, or he wouldn't still be doing this. If some loony-tune shot James Gunn on the street because he was convinced the guy was part of a pedophile underground taking over the world, he wouldn't show an ounce of remorse.

I didn't mind Gavin. He just seemed like an angry little white man who was even more angry that the status quo demanded he mute and temper his anger because of his skin color. I guess he lost it a little bit in Israel, but there are some people with really passionate, negative feelings about Israel who aren't Nazis, Neo-Nazis, or anything of the sort.

The extent of Black Lives Matter's impact on Australia was a white guy running fake social media to scam donations.
On the other hand the Alt-Right (in both the broader and more narrow sense) are very active locally. Not just online (although that's certainly where they are loudest and most notable), but these American "alt lite" and "new right" figures are doing speaking tours here and their influence on Australian politics can be seen in PM hopeful Dutton's call to give priority to South African farmers over our own regional refugees.
It's a common facet of Australian politics that we are effected by American media saturation even though the political comparisons really don't apply. I'll see it everywhere from people whinging about the "creeping communism" of our healthcare reform (when in fact we had universal single payer healthcare and what we actually experienced was 20 years of neoliberal privatisation from both major parties), to the conflation of Swedish or UK immigration issues with Muslim migrants and Australia's situation with Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia and the @30K Sudanese and Somali refugees in the country. Likewise the calls to beef up our already over the top firearms legislation every time Americans decide to shoot each other.
So no, I'm not remotely equally bothered about BLM.

The extent of Black Lives Matter's impact on Australia was a white guy running fake social media to scam donations.
On the other hand the Alt-Right (in both the broader and more narrow sense) are very active locally. Not just online (although that's certainly where they are loudest and most notable), but these American "alt lite" and "new right" figures are doing speaking tours here and their influence on Australian politics can be seen in PM hopeful Dutton's call to give priority to South African farmers over our own regional refugees.
It's a common facet of Australian politics that we are effected by American media saturation even though the political comparisons really don't apply. I'll see it everywhere from people whinging about the "creeping communism" of our healthcare reform (when in fact we had universal single payer healthcare and what we actually experienced was 20 years of neoliberal privatisation from both major parties), to the conflation of Swedish or UK immigration issues with Muslim migrants and Australia's situation with Malaysia, Singapore and Indonesia and the @30K Sudanese and Somali refugees in the country. Likewise the calls to beef up our already over the top firearms legislation every time Americans decide to shoot each other.
So no, I'm not remotely equally bothered about BLM.
Yeah, I think this may explain the distortion. You're seeing the ridiculous, radical fringe that is trying to associate with a larger movement from thousands of miles away. This reminds me of all the #BLM protests that sprung up in countries where police violence isn't a remote concern.

The refugee flood into Western civilization has taken place exactly as predicted, Ruprecht. Politically lynching people because they use the The Camp of the Saints as an organizing lens for anticipating a major future global problem, one that came to fruition, while not blinking or shying from the potentially desperate measures to effectively address it, isn't an intolerant and counterproductive zeitgeist that Bannon himself created. He simply fought back. Yet this is how the liberal press here treats it:
This Stunningly Racist French Novel Is How Steve Bannon Explains The World

I urge you to find an hour for this video if you haven't already seen it between the founder of The National Review, which is one of those publications we "cuckservatives" read, and Reagan's first attorney general. Third time I've posted it. Frankly, I think it's an hour of television that every American and westerner in 2018 needs to watch to restore us to a more measured, rational apprehension of the problem versus the pathos-steeped, identity-based hysteria so many politicians are deliberately instilling in our populace. I don't see Bannon as the enemy to the former discussion although he sometimes bedfellows with those who are. Cernovich definitely is, but I don't think that necessarily means he is a White Supremacist, but rather someone who like the HuffPo is willing to polarize the discussion along racial lines in an attempt to exploit coverage of it for political gain:

Yeah, I think this may explain the distortion. You're seeing the ridiculous, radical fringe that is trying to associate with a larger movement from thousands of miles away. This reminds me of all the #BLM protests that sprung up in countries where police violence isn't a remote concern.

The refugee flood into Western civilization has taken place exactly as predicted, Ruprecht. Politically lynching people because they use the The Camp of the Saints as an organizing lens for anticipating a major future global problem, one that came to fruition, while not blinking or shying from the potentially desperate measures to effectively address it, isn't an intolerant and counterproductive zeitgeist that Bannon himself created. He simply fought back. Yet this is how the liberal press here treats it:
This Stunningly Racist French Novel Is How Steve Bannon Explains The World

I urge you to find an hour for this video if you haven't already seen it between the founder of The National Review, which is one of those publications we "cuckservatives" read, and Reagan's first attorney general. Third time I've posted it. Frankly, I think it's an hour of television that every American and westerner in 2018 needs to watch to restore us to a more measured, rational apprehension of the problem versus the pathos-steeped, identity-based hysteria so many politicians are deliberately instilling in our populace. I don't see Bannon as the enemy to the former discussion although he sometimes bedfellows with those who are. Cernovich definitely is, but I don't think that necessarily means he is a White Supremacist, but rather someone who like the HuffPo is willing to polarize the discussion along racial lines in an attempt to exploit coverage of it for political gain:

Any comparison of Australia's 10-20K per year intake of UNHCR refugees with America's southern border or the European migration crisis is idiotic.
As for the "alt-right" and the newer terminology, I don't care about the distinction. It's not how personally repulsive they or their beliefs are which bothers me, it's their impact. I don't care how many blogs, "news aggregators" or online shitposters spamming memes and videos about Swedish immigration or South African farmers and other refugees are White Supremacists, White Nationalists or actually goose stepping Neo Nazis, I care about their political and social effect.
In that sense there's really little to differentiate between Jared Taylor or Richard Spencer and the likes of Lauren Southern or Bannon.
Bannon was happy to use and be used by the white nationalists until it became a political liability. That's the same story that's been played out with far-right politics globally, from Marine Le Penn's "reform" of her Father's party to the likes of Pauline Hanson dropping her anti-Asian rhetoric to talk about Muslims, or the emergence of countless global imitators.
Shifting that Overton window to normalise the worst trends in identity politics and take advantage of populist discontent.

I guess he lost it a little bit in Israel, but there are some people with really passionate, negative feelings about Israel who aren't Nazis, Neo-Nazis, or anything of the sort.
I believe the so-called Far Left hates Israel a whole lot more. BDS, pro-palestinian rallies, they are all left wing.
Bannon was happy to use and be used by the white nationalists until it became a political liability. That's the same story that's been played out with far-right politics globally, from Marine Le Penn's "reform" of her Father's party to the likes of Pauline Hanson dropping her anti-Asian rhetoric to talk about Muslims, or the emergence of countless global imitators.
Shifting that Overton window to normalise the worst trends in identity politics and take advantage of populist discontent.
Overton window is a great term. It has really shifted in the last 2 years.

I did think you were making it up because because you sounded so crazy and stupid.

You posted a link and I admitted the kid was killed, as you said, and wondered why you were so focused on one kid instead of all the men, women and children who were killed. You still haven't answered.
Why is it so hard to admit you were wrong on a message board?

Why is it so hard to admit you were wrong on a message board?

I did admit I was wrong. Why is it so hard for you to explain why you only care that an American child was killed and not all the other men, women and children?

Nope, still haven't.

Lol what does an admission sound like in your idiot brain? Not only did I admit it back then, I admitted it several times in this thread. Jesus Christ, every time i talk to you I'm amazed at how stupid a human can be.

Lol what does an admission sound like in your idiot brain? Not only did I admit it back then, I admitted it several times in this thread. Jesus Christ, every time i talk to you I'm amazed at how stupid a human can be.
Still haven't admitted.

Back