Republican politician's neo-Nazi group charged with beating black man in restaurant

Okay, but he's still not a senator. You should change the thread title. But anyway, it's disturbing how neo-Nazis are infiltrating the Republican Party, which I happen to be a member of. It may be time for me to leave, because needless to say I do not share these values, and not only do I consider them reprehensible, I consider them to be a direct threat to a free and civil society.
How about the Republican party shamelessly wrapping themselves in the flag, meanwhile being up to their necks in Russian dark money?

Okay, but he's still not a senator. You should change the thread title. But anyway, it's disturbing how neo-Nazis are infiltrating the Republican Party, which I happen to be a member of. It may be time for me to leave, because needless to say I do not share these values, and not only do I consider them reprehensible, I consider them to be a direct threat to a free and civil society.

I was finding it difficult to discover his actual elected position. He won a seat in the senate, so wouldn't that make him a senator?

How about the Republican party shamelessly wrapping themselves in the flag, meanwhile being up to their necks in Russian dark money?
That too. You could come up with a laundry list, I'm sure. ;)

I was finding it difficult to discover his actual elected position. He won a seat in the senate, so wouldn't that make him a senator?
You should specify that he won a seat in a STATE senate, frequently called a state legislature, which is utterly insignificant compared to being a member of the US Senate, which is a very powerful position. There are only two senators from each state, totaling 100 nationwide. It's the most powerful legislative position in the country. Referring to him as a "senator" to a national/international audience is misleading, although in your case I think it was an honest mistake rather than a malicious one.

Best example of “pot meet kettle” I’ve seen.

Derp

Now, I’m not a Nazi sympathizer so there’s no doubt the Neo-Nazis in the Ukraine being aided by Israel and the USA among others (weird you’re only concerned with Israel) is nothing to scoff at. But neither are the Neo-Nazis in the US.

C_4NjRyWAAA3jqK.jpg:large

^ Ukraine

mgid:ao:image:logotv.com:244500

^ USA

https://www.thenation.com/article/americas-collusion-with-neo-nazis/

Lol... That whole unite the right march gathered about 500 people and was planed on the internet with people from the United States and Canada. You have to be awfully ignorant to believe that there is some kind of Neo Nazi threat in the U.S. These groups exist, but they would be lucky to make up .0001% of the population.

Take the website Stormfront for example. They get about 25,000 visitors day with about 500 of them being members and they are the most well renowned white supremacy site in the world. This isn't the 1930's anymore. Generally speaking white people don't care about the color of other people's skin.

You should specify that he won a seat in a STATE senate, frequently called a state legislature, which is utterly insignificant compared to being a member of the US Senate, which is a very powerful position. There are only two senators from each state, totaling 100 nationwide. It's the most powerful legislative position in the country. Referring to him as a "senator" to a national/international audience is misleading, although in your case I think it was an honest mistake rather than a malicious one.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was confused because wiki said he's in the senate, but no articles called him a senator. Then there's a fake senator named Steven Smith who was exposed by BuzzFeed that confused my searches.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was confused because wiki said he's in the senate, but no articles called him a senator. Then there's a fake senator named Steven Smith who was exposed by BuzzFeed that confused my searches.
Yeah, no problem. I don't mind someone making an honest mistake every now and then. We all do. The problem, especially these days, is people who maliciously state misleading information for nefarious purposes.

That too. You could come up with a laundry list, I'm sure. ;)

As a fellow member of the GOP, don't leave. When the responsible people leave the party, it allows them to sink into morass. Instead become more active and reform the party from within.

I took some time away and the next thing I know we're electing Donald Trump and openly running white supremacists. I've started going to meetings again, we have to say something about right vs. wrong and hope it travels up the chain.

Lol... That whole unite the right march gathered about 500 people and was planed on the internet with people from the United States and Canada. You have to be awfully ignorant to believe that there is some kind of Neo Nazi threat in the U.S. These groups exist, but they would be lucky to make up .0001% of the population.

Take the website Stormfront for example. They get about 25,000 visitors day with about 500 of them being members and they are the most well renowned white supremacy site in the world. This isn't the 1930's anymore. Generally speaking white people don't care about the color of other people's skin.

I agree that they're a small portion of the population but, politically, it's problematic when they feel emboldened enough to seek or hold public office.

As a fellow member of the GOP, don't leave. When the responsible people leave the party, it allows them to sink into morass. Instead become more active and reform the party from within.

I took some time away and the next thing I know we're electing Donald Trump and openly running white supremacists. I've started going to meetings again, we have to say something about right vs. wrong and hope it travels up the chain.
There's certainly a lot to think about and I don't want to make a rash decision. The Republican Party never seemed like a perfect fit for my views, but it was a pragmatic decision to join in order to vote for Ron Paul in my state primary and I was hoping the party would move in a more libertarian direction. Instead, the nationalist populist wing has emerged and I immensely dislike it. I'm not entirely sure what I will do next...

Wrong Steve. This is Steve Smith.
Yeah, Steve King was the one the media tried to smear as a Neo-Nazi with the "Alt-Right" term. Oh, wait, they don't even stop there:
Steve King Is A White Supremacist, And The GOP Doesn’t Care (<-- HuffPo headline from 2 days ago; refuse to link that PoS website, I will credit the source in name only, but this was the conclusion to the article):
When a HuffPost reporter on Capitol Hill Tuesday asked King about his retweet of a neo-Nazi, the congressman said all of his tweets are “true and objective.” On Wednesday, when the same reporter asked King if he is a white supremacist or a white nationalist, the congressman didn’t deny the allegation.

“I don’t answer those questions,” he said. “I say to people that use those kind of allegations: Use those words a million times, because you’re reducing the value of them every time, and many of the people that use those words and make those allegations and ask those questions can’t even define the words they’re using.”

So we have defined the words, and all the evidence is there: King is a white supremacist.
This time they found a Steve that's a real Nazi piece of shit, but if they wonder why calling someone a "Nazi" has lost all of its knockout power in the past few years, they need look no further than their own keyboards. I damn near skipped over this thread will an eyeroll, "Here we go again with Steve King..." It's bad enough that Steve wouldn't renounce his retweet of a disgraced British BNP leader because he is confusing the rejection of identity politics (a noble pursuit) by separating the speaker from the speech, but he's failing to recognize that it mixes your signals when you can't voice your support of an idea, but distance yourself from those who might share it that offer a radically different-- and entirely unacceptable-- worldview. But the Huffpo isn't satisfied to scale their rhetoric to the offense. No, they boldly declare him a "white supremacist".

White supremacists have no business in office. Let's measure slandering politicians as "white supremacists" until proven true. This arrow landed, and that's good, but the media needs to understand that all the arrows in the ground are what separates ears from it.

It wasn't an honest mistake though since he has a history of doing this. For example, a democrat state senator gets busted for illegally trafficking guns (https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/26/leland-yee-gun-traffickin_n_5038152.html) and the title is just "state senator" without even mentioning his party. He loves to virtue signal.

Yeah, Steve King was the one the media tried to smear as a Neo-Nazi with the "Alt-Right" term. Oh, wait, they don't even stop there:
Steve King Is A White Supremacist, And The GOP Doesn’t Care (<-- HuffPo headline from 2 days ago; refuse to link that PoS website, I will credit the source in name only, but this was the conclusion to the article):

This time they found a Steve that's a real Nazi piece of shit, but if they wonder why calling someone a "Nazi" has lost all of its knockout power in the past few years, they need look no further than their own keyboards. I damn near skipped over this thread will an eyeroll, "Here we go again with Steve King..." It's bad enough that Steve wouldn't renounce his retweet of a disgraced British BNP leader because he is confusing the rejection of identity politics (a noble pursuit) by separating the speaker from the speech, but he's failing to recognize that it mixes your signals when you can't voice your support of an idea, but distance yourself from those who might share it that offer a radically different-- and entirely unacceptable-- worldview. But the Huffpo isn't satisfied to scale their rhetoric to the offense. No, they boldly declare him a "white supremacist".

White supremacists have no business in office. Let's measure slandering politicians as "white supremacists" until proven true. This arrow landed, and that's good, but the media needs to understand that all the arrows in the ground are what separates ears from it.
I get what you're saying and I generally agree. These terms get tossed about too casually these days. That said, it might not be so inaccurate in the case of Steve King. He seems like a fellow traveler of white nationalists, to the point where he's actually become the favorite major politician on Stormfront, surpassing Trump, and it's widely believed there that he shares their views.

Okay, but you're comparing a Huffington Post article title to a Sherdog thread title. You do see the difference, right? ;)
No, I'm saying that's what he does. He'd leave it as "state senator" instead of "Republican senator".

Steve Smith seems to have slipped by me; I did not know he was one of the several neo-Nazi Republicans in the game right now.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-loving-skinheads-face-charges-for-beating-black-man

Some details on the attack itself:

http://www.thecitizen.us/article/racially-motivated-attack-reported

Lately I've been getting some pushback from some people who feel my coverage leads to unfair discussions. So, in the interest of community, I thought I'd highlight these tidbits from the above article:

I thought I'd highlight this passage to make it easy for dumb shits to claim there's no racism in America. Clearly, it only exists in pockets here and there or this man would not be unfamiliar with being beaten because he's black.

I chose to highlight this passage to make it easy for you-know-who to say that it just doesn't make sense for a black man to act like a decent, optimistic human being and to have continued with his activities. Clearly, there are holes in the man's story and he was either provoking these people or was there to burglarize the restaurant.

Also, this will aid him in his deduction of the true facts:

https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2018/07/17/avalon-jackman-inn-assault-ethnic-intimidation-charges/

Okay, I think I've done a pretty good job with this one. Multiple sources, presented pieces of the story that racists and anti-racists alike can enjoy. Discuss responsibly.
But but... Robert Byrd was in the Klan and he is a Democrat
But but but...the Klan were Democrats

Signed:
Rightwing troll

this is the first time ive logged in in a long time. im thoroughly convinced that josephdread is a troll. no one can be functioning in life on that idiotic level.

Candidates espousing White supremacist views shouldn't come as a surprise, after all the GOP has been courting them since the Civil Rights era. Fox , Rush , Breitbart and the rest of the rightwing media haven been nurturing them and egging them on for many years now. All Trump did was capitalize on their effort. Conservatives and GOPers aren't necessarily White supremacist but the GOP is where all the WNists flock to and it has a shit ton of them.

It wasn't an honest mistake though since he has a history of doing this. For example, a democrat state senator gets busted for illegally trafficking guns (https://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/26/leland-yee-gun-traffickin_n_5038152.html) and the title is just "state senator" without even mentioning his party. He loves to virtue signal.

Naturally, you can't point to other threads where I've deliberately mislabeled the titles. I can point to threads where I've changed titles once I've been corrected.

And I'm still waiting for you to link to a thread where I freaked out about Trump and ice cream. Or what other Sherdog accounts you think I've had that got banned.

In fact, I'm still waiting for you to substantiate anything you say about me. All you do is show up and tell lies in my threads. Do I have my first Sherdog stalker?

Back