Resident Evil 2 Remake/General

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's actually what I'm worried about with the remake. 60 dollars is a lot for such a short game. I liked that RE4 was a really long game. The enemy variety was great and creative.
Yeah, I’m anxious to see what they’ve added. If the game is as good as it looks, I’ll be fine with a 10 hour campaign. I’m sure Claire will have her own so 20 hours or so between the two would seem good.

REmake was a full price game and I can clear it in like 2 hours. But I can play it over and over again.

Value is subjective, I guess.

Last edited:
For those who've only seen the trailer, and not the gameplay demo...

*fullscreen this motherfucker
*Highest Resolution
*and sit back and enjoy.

I started watching some of the gameplay footage from yesterday and shut it off. I want to go into it as fresh as possible.

I started watching some of the gameplay footage from yesterday and shut it off. I want to go into it as fresh as possible.

My notes from watching the demo -

*The game is DARK, as in there's limited sources of light. It really adds to the horror/suspense.
*Its very gory, like a Saw-flick.
*The voice-acting is monumentally improved.
*10/10 graphics, which I suspect is due to the demo running on PC. We'll see if it's well optimized for PS4/XBoxOne. This would be so damn beautiful to experience in 60 FPS.
*Same kind of inventory system as the original RE2.
*Leon can board up windows to prevent zombies to bust through.
*The layout of the police station has changed (thankfully) from the original.

My notes from watching the demo -

*The game is DARK, as in there's limited sources of light. It really adds to the horror/suspense.
*Its very gory, like a Saw-flick.
*The voice-acting is monumentally improved.
*10/10 graphics, which I suspect is due to the demo running on PC. We'll see if it's well optimized for PS4/XBoxOne. This would be so damn beautiful to experience in 60 FPS.
*Same kind of inventory system as the original RE2.
*Leon can board up windows to prevent zombies to bust through.
*The layout of the police station has changed (thankfully) from the original.
Please stop you're giving me a raging clue.

It and 6 are the only ones that I didn’t play all the way through. Honestly I don’t remember why I stopped playing it. I do remember Nemesis popping out randomly was scary as frak.
Nemesis through the police station window legit got me EVERY time.

For those who've only seen the trailer, and not the gameplay demo...

*fullscreen this motherfucker
*Highest Resolution
*and sit back and enjoy.

This is 100% running the resi 7 engine, and that game is the best looking horror game Ive ever seen. I dont count PT as a full release.

Ill continue watching it in a bit thanks man.

So, should we be expecting the PS4Pro and XBoxOne+, to run it at this quality?
100%, the UI is from resi 7, the game looks like R7 but darker, and in third person. Sometimes in the first person, some of the textures looked off but the game was polished and looked gorgeous. This one seems to look even better and im sure theykept fine tuning it, to squeeze every bit they could out of it. Play resi 7 if you havent, one of my fav survival horror games ever. Its damn great, play it in VR if possible, with VR first time through, itll be your fav game ever.

I know some of the older Resi fans like the fixed camera angles of the games but Ive always despised the controls.

Ive played many great PS1 games like MGS1 but I could never get the hand of the resi controls.

I loved the newer resi 4 onwards and really didnt fuck with the resi 1 remake, so Im glad I get to play this one in the more modernised version without fixed camera angles.

As for the gameplay, some elements are from resi 7, more or less my favorite of the lot.

I know some of the older Resi fans like the fixed camera angles of the games but Ive always despised the controls.

The fixed camera angles were more of a necessity at the time, due to the limitations of the hardware, and the tank controls were to limit mobility to increase the tension.

Some got used to it, and some hated it.

I haven't played the re-release of the REmake (try saying that five time fast :p) to testify to the effectiveness of the 'Mario64 controls,' but perhaps that option should have been in the originals. Though, it would have been annoying having to change the direction of the controller stick everytime the camera changed.

I think we all can agree the Over-The-Shoulder angle is a huge improvement, and they'll compensate for the increased vision with more & faster enemies to increase the tension.

As for the gameplay, some elements are from resi 7, more or less my favorite of the lot.

Have you played RE7?

I'm curious if its worth playing on a screen, rather than the Sony 3D goggles.

Every review I've seen, they've played it on both. None of them only played it on a screen.

Nemesis through the police station window legit got me EVERY time.
Im easily scared. I had a really hard time playing RE7. My brother watched me play and he would complain that my screams were annoying lol i think thats why i stopped playing 3 as i was much younger obviously so i couldnt play all the through like i did 7 as i was even bigger pansy than i am now.

Im easily scared. I had a really hard time playing RE7. My brother watched me play and he would complain that my screams were annoying lol i think thats why i stopped playing 3 as i was much younger obviously so i couldnt play all the through like i did 7 as i was even bigger pansy than i am now.
I haven't played 7 yet as I feel like I'll only be able to do small plays because I get scared and turn it off.

Yeah, I’m anxious to see what they’ve added. If the game is as good as it looks, I’ll be fine with a 10 hour campaign. I’m sure Claire will have her own so 20 hours or so between the two would seem good.

REmake was a full price game and I can clear it in like 2 hours. But I can play it over and over again.

Value is subjective, I guess.

Yeah, it's a pretty safe bet for value. The average player will take some time to beat it. The RE games are really only short, to those who know exactly what they're doing. If you're going in fresh, it's going to be a pretty lengthy experience. Just because it can technically be beaten in under three hours, does not mean it will be by the majority of gamers. That's just speed running it. An average play through of both campaigns are likely gonna run a good 15-20 hours.

The trophy hunters will obviously play the shit out of it over and over again.

Yeah, it's a pretty safe bet for value. The average player will take some time to beat it. The RE games are really only short, to those who know exactly what they're doing. If you're going in fresh, it's going to be a pretty lengthy experience. Just because it can technically be beaten in under three hours, does not mean it will be by the majority of gamers. That's just speed running it. An average play through of both campaigns are likely gonna run a good 15-20 hours.

The trophy hunters will obviously play the shit out of it over and over again.
Definitely true. I know RE2 inside and out and I’m sure it’s going to take me considerably more time.

100%, the UI is from resi 7, the game looks like R7 but darker, and in third person. Sometimes in the first person, some of the textures looked off but the game was polished and looked gorgeous. This one seems to look even better and im sure theykept fine tuning it, to squeeze every bit they could out of it. Play resi 7 if you havent, one of my fav survival horror games ever. Its damn great, play it in VR if possible, with VR first time through, itll be your fav game ever.

I could barely make it through RE7 on normal playthrough. Even thinking about it on VR gives me anxiety.. lol

Have you played RE7?

I'm curious if its worth playing on a screen, rather than the Sony 3D goggles.

Every review I've seen, they've played it on both. None of them only played it on a screen.
Played on both, your first playthorugh on VR will make you shit your pants. I played it on screen first, wish I did it on VR first. The best VR experience around, its goddamn amazing.
I could barely make it through RE7 on normal playthrough. Even thinking about it on VR gives me anxiety.. lol
Goddamn, my friends couldnt even make it out the house with the Bakers, they were too shook.

I just picked up RE7 and am playing it for the first time. Holy fuck it's scary. The first person perspective really adds an element of not knowing what's around every corner or possibly behind you each time you turn. I feel like I'm going to need to get a decent buzz to play this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back