Resident Evil 2 Remake/General

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just picked up RE7 and am playing it for the first time. Holy fuck it's scary. The first person perspective really adds an element of not knowing what's around every corner or possibly behind you each time you turn. I feel like I'm going to need to get a decent buzz to play this game.
Oh yeahhh alot of beers were drunk and cigs were smoked while playing this. Grandma in her chair appears i say NOPE THROW CONTROLLER DOWN CHUG MY BEER & GRAB ANOTHER ONE WITH A CIG BREAK

I still need to finish RE7.

Got distracted with other games. I’ll pry start a new play through instead of picking up where I was.

Time to replay the goat

20180614_1105111uckes.jpg

Time to replay the goat

20180614_1105111uckes.jpg
I'm impartial to the first (and the remake) because that's the game I played first and really made me love the series and I know everyone loves to say RE4 is the best and most influential game in the series and blah blah blah....but I can unbiasedly say Resident Evil 2 is the very BEST game in the series.

Waited for my brother to get home to watch the e3 demo for resident evil 2 remake. Dude we are so fucking ready lol

Time for a replay. Still have my original copy from 20 years ago. Jewel case is a little busted but it plays just fine on my PS3.

bzoYw9al.jpg

vNsSs4Kl.jpg

J7xN5FLl.jpg

Time for a replay. Still have my original copy from 20 years ago. Jewel case is a little busted but it plays just fine on my PS3.

bzoYw9al.jpg

vNsSs4Kl.jpg

J7xN5FLl.jpg
I still remember the day that came out and running out in the morning to my local Funcoland to pick it up. Late 90s were the glory days of gaming for me.

bzoYw9al.jpg

vNsSs4Kl.jpg

J7xN5FLl.jpg

I always watched my brother play the RE games and it was intense just watching. RE 2 is the best of the series, imo.

Re2 demo -

*29 minutes
*finds the shotgun
*really shows how tough these fucking zombies are.
*the guy playing makes an effort to explore the environment & evade the zombies.

Fullscreen this motherfucker, turn it on high resolution, and enjoy!

Re2 demo -

*29 minutes
*finds the shotgun
*really shows how tough these fucking zombies are.
*the guy playing makes an effort to explore the environment & evade the zombies.

Fullscreen this motherfucker, turn it on high resolution, and enjoy!

Is this real? Like an official game?

It looks great but I don't like the RE6 engine. It is so inferior to the RE5 engine in just about every way.

I'm also disappointed it is 3D. I thought the remake was going to be like RE0. Infact, I posted screenshots of RE0 on the first page 3 years ago (Edgar Allan Hoe was my account when I was wrongfully banned)

EDIT - apparently it's using the RE7 engine, not 6. Then why does the lighting look so awful like it did in RE6? Lol

Last edited:
EDIT - apparently it's using the RE7 engine, not 6. Then why does the lighting look so awful like it did in RE6? Lol

You watched the demo, and thought the lighting is horrible?

Horror environments aren't supposed to be lit up like a christmas tree.

You watched the demo, and thought the lighting is horrible?

Horror environments aren't supposed to be lit up like a christmas tree.

The lighting looks too bloomy against the textures like RE 6 was. RE 4 and RE 5 didn't have that extra bloom and looked much better in dark scenes imo. Of course, the Metro series does it best.

I think the game is great, although not what I expected. I expected a remake, not an overhaul.

Is this real? Like an official game?

It's probably over a year from release, graphics tightening up is often the last thing done by proper studios.

I just picked up RE7 and am playing it for the first time. Holy fuck it's scary. The first person perspective really adds an element of not knowing what's around every corner or possibly behind you each time you turn. I feel like I'm going to need to get a decent buzz to play this game.

I hated it to be honest. Was it scary? It was scary as fuck. But it was no more scary than the original Condemned, and it was as scary as that soley because it was an FPS and it used grity, delapidated, and confined spaces to make you feel trapped and unsure what was around you at any given moment, and throwing in jump scares to ensure you feel uncomfortable at very specific times. Lol

But that was never the heart of Resident Evil. And on top of that, the devs threw out every bit of story in the entire series. I mean how the fuck are you going to just wipe the character slate clean like that? At least they could have had some varied environments. Sticking with a delapidated southern setting was soley to make it as uncomfortable and depressing as possible. Again, this is not resident evil.

Fuck RE7. The devs just wanted to get some new attention at the expense of longtime fans is all.

Last edited:
I hated it to be honest. Was it scary? It was scary as fuck. But it was no more scary than the original Condemned, and it was as scary as that soley because it was an FPS and it used grity, delapidated, and confined spaces to make you feel trapped and unsure what was around you at any given moment, and throwing in jump scares to ensure you feel uncomfortable at very specific times. Lol

But that was never the heart of Resident Evil. And on top of that, the devs threw out every bit of story in the entire series. I mean how the fuck are you going to just wipe the character slate clean like that? At least they could have had some varied environments. Sticking with a delapidated southern setting was soley to make it as uncomfortable and depressing as possible. Again, this is not resident evil.

Fuck RE7. The devs just wanted to get some new attention at the expense of longtime fans is all.
Ahh yes the edgy contrarian.

You have zero knowledge on how lighting affects horror, and why going darker means something is scarier. You then claim RE6 engine is being used, wrong again. RE7 actually brought everything back to resident evil 1 style with the puzzles and doors and the interconnected houses. Once they left the house, the game actually went slightly down in quality.

Remake 2 looks gorgeous and it doesnt even look complete yet visually. Going darker like Remake is definitely for the better.

Anyone who loved RE 1 and says RE 7 is shit doesnt know RE. RE 7 was a strong return to form. RE 6 was not a good RE game,it was a fun action game but it wasnt resident evil.

Last edited:
Ahh yes the edgy contrarian.

You have zero knowledge on how lighting affects horror, and why going darker means something is scarier. You then claim RE6 engine is being used, wrong again. RE7 actually brought everything back to resident evil 1 style with the puzzles and doors and the interconnected houses. Once they left the house, the game actually went slightly down in quality.

Remake 2 looks gorgeous and it doesnt even look complete yet visually. Going darker like Remake is definitely for the better.

Anyone who loved RE 1 and says RE 7 is shit doesnt know RE. RE 7 was a strong return to form. RE 6 was not a good RE game,it was a fun action game but it wasnt resident evil.

You are clearly a newbie who wanted something new. RE7 is not RE. It's a reboot. You are no longer to be taken seriously.

You are clearly a newbie who wanted something new. RE7 is not RE. It's a reboot. You are no longer to be taken seriously.
Exactly what is RE?

From an an oldie.

And this is coming from someone who doesnt really fuck with the tank controls of earlier game and thinks RE4 is great.

For those who've only seen the trailer, and not the gameplay demo...
*fullscreen this motherfucker
*Highest Resolution
*and sit back and enjoy.

Me getting to my comfy chair, putting my headphones on, turning off the lights, and full screening this motherucker!!
source.gif

RE2 is a top 5 game for me.

Have you played RE7?

I'm curious if its worth playing on a screen, rather than the Sony 3D goggles.

Every review I've seen, they've played it on both. None of them only played it on a screen.
I bought it on PC during a Green Man gaming sale because I thought it was coming to PC VR. I love my oculus Rift, and don't own PSVR, but sadly PCVR hasn't happened yet. It was incredible regardless, at least the time you spend in the mansion. I loved every minute of it. It borrows from so many horror games/movies, and does so perfectly with the Baker family.

RE2 looks incredible, def my fav Res game still. Code Veronica is my second fav, followed by Res 7.

The game that has come closest to the older Res games IMO is the Evil Within 2. Now that it has a 1st person mode proper, I'm hoping someone mods VR into it as well. Some team made Doom 3 BFG into VR , and it's among the best VR experiences out there, so I'm holding out hope that they can work their magic on Res 7, and Evil Within.

older video, it's flawless in VR now.

Not sure if it was common knowledge or not, but I wasn’t aware. The game will have separate Leon/Claire scenarios. They just removed the Part A and Part B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NiTrok
Back