Resident Evil 2 Remake/General

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know if this has been talked about yet but I hadn't seen anything. There is deluxe edition of the game that lists new costumes for Leon and Claire, so I guess Claire is playable even though she's not in any of the footage.

I never played any Resident Evil/Biohazard. What's the appeal?

hopefully they bring back the save room theme

Back in the late 90s/early2000s, Resident Evil was THE series for atmospheric survival horror.

The series lost its rails, like most series do at some point, but it looks like the favorite horror game series of many of our youths is getting a 2nd life at being as awesome as it could always have been.

It's like playing (mostly) the best episodes of the core of The X-Files. A Bio hazard as the title suggests with a widespread conspiracy and a slow-moving plot with tense gameplay.

hopefully they bring back the save room theme

I was just thinking about this - What if there are no 'save rooms?'

We know there's typewriters to save the game, but save rooms have always been a sanctuary from all danger. Even Nemesis couldn't bust through the save room door in RE3.

But what if this sanctuary was completely removed? I'd increase the tension of the entire game.

*Zombies can follow you from room to room.
*If you're low on health/ammo, you'll have to run around franticly searching for bullets or green herbs as they chase you.
*No place to stock up on ammo and confront the enemies afterward.

Also, from the demo, we've seen there was a zombie in one of the lockers, in the area where the save room was in the original RE2.

It'd suck to not have the classic save room theme, but that's a relic of another time.

Besides - we can listen to it anytime we like, on YouTube. :p

I was just thinking about this - What if there are no 'save rooms?'

We know there's typewriters to save the game, but save rooms have always been a sanctuary from all danger. Even Nemesis couldn't bust through the save room door in RE3.

But what if this sanctuary was completely removed? I'd increase the tension of the entire game.

*Zombies can follow you from room to room.
*If you're low on health/ammo, you'll have to run around franticly searching for bullets or green herbs as they chase you.
*No place to stock up on ammo and confront the enemies afterward.

Also, from the demo, we've seen there was a zombie in one of the lockers, in the area where the save room was in the original RE2.

It'd suck to not have the classic save room theme, but that's a relic of another time.

Besides - we can listen to it anytime we like, on YouTube. :p
i don’t think they will bring it back but it doesn’t look like they’ve finished composing the OST yet. you also have to buy the deluxe version to get the original soundtrack swap in game.

I got suckered into watching an IGN news update video with the click-baity title 'RE2 Cut Content?'

I was fearing Capcom was going to be nickel-and-diming us by selling a shitload of DLC microtransactions.

But, thankfully, that's not the case. The 'Cut Content' they were referring to was there's not going to be a total of four playthroughs.

Leon A&B
Claire A&B

There's just going to be one playthrough for each. As long as both are nearly completely different with a few cutscenes of their interactions together, I'm 100% satisfied with their decision.

Time for a replay. Still have my original copy from 20 years ago. Jewel case is a little busted but it plays just fine on my PS3.

bzoYw9al.jpg

vNsSs4Kl.jpg

J7xN5FLl.jpg

I don't have that many PS1 games around anymore. Just RE2, FFVII, FFIX and maybe MGS?

I don't have that many PS1 games around anymore. Just RE2, FFVII, FFIX and maybe MGS?
Pretty sure this is the only one I have left at this point.

Goddamn I can’t remember the last game I was this excited about.

January can’t get here soon enough.

Looks like they're going back to Leon A/Claire B being canon.
That was G2 Birkin attacking Mr. X at the end.
The knife can break. Not sure how I feel about that.
Claire looks too young. I like how they portrayed her in Darkside Chronicles.
Disappointed by no prerendered backgrounds and the over-the-shoulder camera but still hyped.
Early concept art of Mr. X had him wearing a fedora so that's a neat Easter egg.
I was hoping Lickers would be replaced with Crimson Heads.

Well, I'm sold on the Deluxe Edition

Yeah, it's cool getting some extra costumes and weapons, but holy shit, Claire gets the Elza Walker costume from 1.5 and you can change the in game soundtrack to the original RE2 soundtrack.

lhjhbB9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back