Resident Evil 2 Remake/General

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's the dlc?

I'm. Tempted to buy it all for like $30 but like scary parts lmao.

I've become a big wuss lately
I havent played the DLC, I lent the game to a friend and havent gotten it back. Ill probably buy with the DLC, looking forward to playing Im not a hero DLC aswell as the Zoe stuff.

I finally downloaded the thing. It was a bitch to install, much more than last time. I forgot that Steam keeps your saves even when you uninstall the game so I started in the castle and the textures did not disappoint. Those 2 guys are awesome. Check out the detail in the paintings. I just had to put down the controller and hit F12.

These guys were actually able to track down the real life source material for many of these scenes and it just goes to show you that the graphic artists were not at all fully appreciated in games until just recently. The hardware just couldn't render their true details. They probably still can't to be honest.

E7DF227BDFDC36285C1C5C4E1902C40D45680FD2

DCDE6230AE2572086952D33109E295472D762FD9

Loved RE5 never got a chance to play RE4. I have it just haven't played it. After I finished my Mass Effect run I'm going to get the mod and try this out. I can't believe it's 25GB jesus.

I actually just downloaded RE5 for the PS4. It was like $6 and I’ve never played more than the demo.

This is like saying "I loved (Shitty Movie Sequel) but I never got a chance to watch (Awesome Original Movie.)"

I realize that must be how it is to some. Not sure I'll like RE4 more in fact I probably wont because one of my favorite things about RE5 was the coop. I thought it had amazing coop especially these days when good coop games are hard to come by.

Loved RE5 never got a chance to play RE4. I have it just haven't played it. After I finished my Mass Effect run I'm going to get the mod and try this out. I can't believe it's 25GB jesus.

Install only the this mod and enjoy man. If you loved 5 you will be in gaming heaven with 4. And if you take your time and soak in the beautiful textures and ambience, it can take as long as 30hr to complete the main campaign.

I started playing through RE5 3-4 weeks ago, havent gotten past chapter 3 or something.

BUT

I finished RE4 multiple times in a 2-3 day period. Its so fucking good. Youre in for a treat.

Always thought RE5 was garbage... I guess i'll have to check it out now...

RE4 - . I was obsessed with finding gems from the trees so I could buy shit from the merchant so I always scanned the trees for bird nests. One winter weekend I drove back home to visit the parents and as I am driving on NJ Turnpike I start scanning the trees on my right and I was able to pick out bird nests from the trees with absolute ease.. I tried it again a year or two ago and couldn't find shit anymore.. but yeah.. I was at one point a top tier level master at detecting bird nests on trees.. lol.

I started playing through RE5 3-4 weeks ago, havent gotten past chapter 3 or something.

BUT

I finished RE4 multiple times in a 2-3 day period. Its so fucking good. Youre in for a treat.

For a first time campaign experience RE4 is much better than 5. It's like comparing Aliens to Alien vs Predator.

But RE5 has much better replay value and it's not debatable. Co-op with a global weapons cache and access to replayable stages never gets old. The online community is still strong and the mercs is more fleshed out as well. I've beaten RE4 at least 5 times and I'm replaying it once again but I've sunk well over 200hr in RE5, probably even more since I've spent 135hr on the steam version alone, but I originally played on the 360, then bought the Windows Live version on PC.

RE5 Co op was fun as fuck.

Still beat it here and there with a random mate lmao.

RE5 Co op was fun as fuck.

Still beat it here and there with a random mate lmao.
Ill probably co-op with someone to finish it, tbh, didnt finish the game on the ps3. The cutscenes are fun but I enjoyed the RE4 gameplay more. RE5 is way too tanky, RE4 is smooth in its "tankiness" if that makes sense.

Ill probably co-op with someone to finish it, tbh, didnt finish the game on the ps3. The cutscenes are fun but I enjoyed the RE4 gameplay more. RE5 is way too tanky, RE4 is smooth in its "tankiness" if that makes sense.
I've always wanted to do the Ada play through on 4.

thread needs more Ada’s theme imo

RE2 is the first RE game I've been excited about since 4.

Same here, except RE5 for me.

That game killed all love I had left for the RE franchise.

And when the E3 2018 trailer and gameplay videos were released, it was like pure nostalgia was injected into the pleasure center of my brain.

Like Doom 2016, RE2 may achieve a new standard for games to be REmade.

RE5 is a masterpiece storydriven horror action third person shooter.
RE 4 is pretty good but honestly it is like an alpha version of RE 5.
RE 6 was a AAA production that unfortunatley was a bit messy gameplaywise, but it wasnt too bad and story was amazing. Unfortunatley gamplay was so messy it gave the hipsters enough 'ammo' to get the 'true survival horror' disaster that was RE7 which is the only RE game post RE4 that i didnt play. It wasnt RE.

I event played revelations 1 and 2 which are okey, not the best but atleast they felt somewhat canon unlike RE7.

Im excited for RE2 like no one else, the new leon design isnt the best but otherwhise the game looks like a perfect 10, definently preordering this one

RE5 is a masterpiece storydriven horror action third person shooter.
RE 4 is pretty good but honestly it is like an alpha version of RE 5.
RE 6 was a AAA production that unfortunatley was a bit messy gameplaywise, but it wasnt too bad and story was amazing. Unfortunatley gamplay was so messy it gave the hipsters enough 'ammo' to get the 'true survival horror' disaster that was RE7 which is the only RE game post RE4 that i didnt play. It wasnt RE.

I event played revelations 1 and 2 which are okey, not the best but atleast they felt somewhat canon unlike RE7.

Im excited for RE2 like no one else, the new leon design isnt the best but otherwhise the game looks like a perfect 10, definently preordering this one

Jesus christ, RE5 was shit. RE4 was the last good one until RE7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durbanik916
Back