Resident Evil 2 Remake/General

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to see a badder version of Mr. X.

Resident+Evil+MR+X.jpg
Have you played Darkside Chronicles?

0a498413791ae0853038c741b2295c33.jpg

latest

Fuck Mr. X. Hate that scary sob.
And he didn't need no stinkin' rocket launcher like that pussy Nemesis.
He also got Ric Flair music during his final form.

It was an on-rails shooter for Wii that was eventually ported to PS3 and 360 and retells 2 and CV (Umbrella Chronicles retold 0 and 1). It's weird because Claire and Leon actually spend most of the game together.

Last edited:
I'm now so very glad I never played Darkside Chronicles.

Why? They were actually good games and filled in some canonical plot holes.

Why? They were actually good games and filled in some canonical plot holes.

Based off those videos, RE just doesn't blend well with the 1st person perspective.

Even less with light-gun mechanics.

Imagine if they did the same with Silent Hill.

Based off those videos, RE just doesn't blend well with the 1st person perspective.

Even less with light-gun mechanics.

Imagine if they did the same with Silent Hill.

I agree, but I'll go into a bit more detail.

First-person titles between the two franchises:

Survivor
Survivor 2: CV
Dead Aim (Though more of a mix with third-person)
Umbrella Chronicles
Darkside Chronicles
Shattered Memories
The cancelled Silent Hills

Of all those titles, I have a soft spot for Survivor, as the story was pretty decent despite the game being shit without a gun-con (which were unavailable in the U.S. because of Columbine), and if you're familiar with the game, you can easily beat it in around 30 minutes. There's a guy recreating Survivor from scratch, to play like the original trilogy. Pretty excited about that.

For myself, the Chronicles games were interesting, and were best played with a friend for some arcade fun. It was nice to see the events of 0-CV re-created, although the "End of Umbrella" at the end of UC left a bad taste in my mouth (Probably since it was such a monumental moment that I had built up in my head--similiar to how Spencer was one of the last great mysteries, then he was finally unveiled, only to be quickly dispatched in a cutscene).

While obviously not a rails-shooter, Silent Hills looked to be one of the scariest games of all time. The main difference between RE and SH, is that one is mostly physical horror and the other is mostly psychological. In RE, you're afraid of something eating you. In SH, you're afraid of losing your soul, or being subjected to something unspeakable. In that since, the first-person pov works much better in SH's favor, but obviously a rails-shooter would never work since shooting monsters isn't what that franchise is about.

For RE, the Chronicles games were simply a fun experiment to enjoy with a friend, while filling in a few spaces of the storyline (such as, the final battle at the Umbrella HQ, and the origins of Krauser/Leon's relationship). The cutscenes are nice, and there's plenty of collectibles to keep you replaying the levels. If nothing else, I would recommend watching the cutscenes on youtube, especially Darkside Chronicles as it deals with RE2.

Edit: Here ya go.

RE2
[YT]oO2Irpqcgl4[/YT]

CV
[YT]Or28Ytqm440[/YT]

Last edited:
I bought Survivor at full price when it came out knowing it would suck. The US version never had a chance because Capcom took lightgun support out (probably because of Columbine). At least it was $30 and not $50 like most PS1 games.
UC shows how Wesker escaped the mansion and DC shows how Ada survived and escaped Ra**** City.

Has anyone else played Outbreak? It has a speedo Tyrant.

Tyrant3.jpg

I agree, but I'll go into a bit more detail.

First-person titles between the two franchises:

Survivor
Survivor 2: CV
Dead Aim (Though more of a mix with third-person)
Umbrella Chronicles
Darkside Chronicles
Shattered Memories
The cancelled Silent Hills

Don't forget the Silent Hill arcade game...

...On second thoughts, do forget the Silent Hill arcade game

We never got Survivor 2.

1181242121256.jpg

I bought Survivor at full price when it came out knowing it would suck. The US version never had a chance because Capcom took lightgun support out (probably because of Columbine). At least it was $30 and not $50 like most PS1 games.
UC shows how Wesker escaped the mansion and DC shows how Ada survived and escaped Ra**** City.

Has anyone else played Outbreak? It has a speedo Tyrant.

Tyrant3.jpg

Such a great concept, and I have no doubts that it would've been very successful had it come out a generation later.

The Outbreak games were tailor-made for the PS3 era and onward, when online gaming has pretty much become the standard, and you don't have to hook up a bunch of weird crap to your console to do so. You have a friends list, headsets and all that.

I find it very sad that the Outbreak games have been ignored while online gaming has picked up; they had so much potential, and suffered simply from being ahead of their time.

Don't forget the Silent Hill arcade game...

...On second thoughts, do forget the Silent Hill arcade game

Haha, indeed.

We never got Survivor 2.

1181242121256.jpg

I got the Eur version, but it's not very good lol.

RESurvivor2CV.jpg

Gaiden is definitely the rarest game I have, as it was ridiculously hard to find a a copy still in the box/case, as they're easily damaged and most people through the cardboard box away lol.

Resident_Evil_Gaiden_Boxart.gif

Very strange game.

Such a great concept, and I have no doubts that it would've been very successful had it come out a generation later.

The Outbreak games were tailor-made for the PS3 era and onward, when online gaming has pretty much become the standard, and you don't have to hook up a bunch of weird crap to your console to do so. You have a friends list, headsets and all that.

I find it very sad that the Outbreak games have been ignored while online gaming has picked up; they had so much potential, and suffered simply from being ahead of their time.
There's a group of RE speedrunners who still play the Japanese version of the Outbreak games on a private server. Hit up CarcinogenSDA on Twitter or Twitch if you wanna get in on it.

God I hope they cut the Sherry controlled parts.

There's a group of RE speedrunners who still play the Japanese version of the Outbreak games on a private server. Hit up CarcinogenSDA on Twitter or Twitch if you wanna get in on it.

Yea I heard about that, sounds fun lol.

I'm excited for it. It's been 13 years in the making.

I'm split on if they should make it from the 3rd person perspective, or the fixed camera angles. Both have their advantages, but give total different experiences in terms of atmosphere and gameplay.

As for the future of RE, drop RE7 and treat the RE2make as the future beginning of the series. Give it a mixture of fan service and new material to give it the option of going into a different direction thereafter.

Also, AlphaOmegaSin had a celebratory video about this subject.

[Yt]2-nxQbPdpdQ[/MEDIA]

RE2 is one of my favorite games. I had more fun with 4 but 2 had my favorite story.

I hated 5 and 6. Basically everything after 4 but I hear the boat residente evil wasn't bad. I forget the name...

I'm currently playing HD remake on my ps4. The new controls alone are worth it.

I hated 5 and 6. Basically everything after 4 but I hear the boat residente evil wasn't bad. I forget the name...

Since you mentioned "boat" and "wasn't bad", I think that narrows it down to Revelations lol.

Resident_evil_rev._2012_Capcom.png

Imo, it was the best RE title to come out since 4. It focuses mainly on horror, and the soundtrack is amazing.

Since you mentioned "boat" and "wasn't bad", I think that narrows it down to Revelations lol.

Resident_evil_rev._2012_Capcom.png

Imo, it was the best RE title to come out since 4. It focuses mainly on horror, and the soundtrack is amazing.
Revelations 2 took that title away earlier this year. Barry fucking Burton >

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back