Resident Evil 2 Remake/General

Status
Not open for further replies.
When Barry and Jill walk out onto the big upstairs balcony, and Barry says "Take a look at this! It's Forest! Oh my God

Last edited:
When Barry and Jill walk out onto the big upstairs balcony, and Barry says "Take a look at this! It's Forest! Oh my God…"

I remember when I first saw that, I didn't notice the dead guy in the corner, and thought Barry was just reacting to all the trees. I was like what the fuck man, you haven't been trapped inside the mansion that long.

That dead guy gets up and chases you in advanced mode. Most people meet back up with Barry in the main hall ("Woah...this hall is DANGEROUS!").

That dead guy gets up and chases you in advanced mode. Most people meet back up with Barry in the main hall ("Woah...this hall is DANGEROUS!").

I like when Barry gives her some ammo or a weapon, and says "Here. It's really powerful

Yeah I love the epic pause after she asks if it's Enrico's voice.
And then there's Chris trying to play the piano and Rebecca showing up (after I just told her ass to stay put in the safe room).

Rebecca: "It's me, Chris."
Chris: "Is that you, Rebecca?"

In case you haven't heard...

In an interesting turn of events, they've added a "Wesker Mode" to RE0 HD. He will retain his various superhuman powers featured in RE5, such as his matrix-like speed, strength, and--even the ability to shoot lasers from his eyes. I'm not kidding.

Strangely enough, you will be accompanied by Rebecca. It looks to be a modified version of Leech Hunter.

[YT]G7XWWJeLXro[/YT]

Also, RE0 HD and the Remaster HD will be bundled together on a disc, called "Resident Evil Origins Collection."

[YT]I51zOi8-WGo[/YT]

Lastly, here's a video showing the enhancements from original RE0 to the HD version. The improvement is ridiculous.

Just skip to 00:50

[YT]ooWfqS9Z938[/YT]

Last edited:
I wish they'd make a disc version of REmaster here (which is only available on PS3 in Japan).

If that's the only way to get a physical copy of 0 then I might just buy it. Depends on the pricing though. $30-$35 and I probably will.

Every version better be 60 fps this time too.

Very strange that they couldn't optimize them on the PS4/XBone.

Especially when you see another example of a remaster in TLOU not only looks better but maintains 60 FPS.

I think I'm gonna pass on the Zero remaster. Was not a fan of that game.

I think I'm gonna pass on the Zero remaster. Was not a fan of that game.

I was eagerly awaiting that game on N64, then it cancelled with months before it's release. A few years later it finally comes out on GC, and it was one of the reasons why I even buy a GC, and it was so boring I didn't even come close to finishing it.

Zombies and big insects. Zombies and big insects.

I was eagerly awaiting that game on N64, then it cancelled with months before it's release. A few years later it finally comes out on GC, and it was one of the reasons why I even buy a GC, and it was so boring I didn't even come close to finishing it.

Zombies and big insects. Zombies and big insects.

Yep. And the tacked on gimmicky tag team gameplay sucked. I get they're trying to do something new but it fell flat.

I've never been fond of any of the RE games that weren't on PS1 (except for Revelations 2, and that's only because of all the fan service). I even bought a DC back when it came out because of Code Veronica but just never had the urge to play through it again or speedrun like 1-3.

I've played through CV so many times. One of my favorites.

The hit detection is really bad and I hated the Antarctica part (plus they put Steve in because of Leo Dicaprio's character in Titanic). Of course it still beat all the RE ripoffs on DC at the time (Blue Stinger, Carrier, Illbleed, etc).

Yeah but you get to watch him turn into a monster and die.

RE1 and RE2 were classics, RE3 was still really good but that's when it started to veer into more action than horror, RE0 was great, RE:CV was great and extra long, RE4 was really fun & different, RE5 was too actiony and almost no horror but I still played it. Not too familiar with the rest.

I also think Silent Hill 1 & 2 are up there with RE1 & RE2. Silent Hill 3 is still good, but the rest of them are kind of shitshows.

I miss the atmosphere building sense of those early games, the closest I have seen to it since then has been in the games Heavy Rain & The Last of Us.

Wish RE & SH would go back to the scary slow build format, instead of relying on mutated monsters everywhere.

The hit detection is really bad and I hated the Antarctica part (plus they put Steve in because of Leo Dicaprio's character in Titanic). Of course it still beat all the RE ripoffs on DC at the time (Blue Stinger, Carrier, Illbleed, etc).

"Never play an ice area in a game, they'll only let you doooown." Steve

Great game though

I lost interest in this series when it drifted away from a visual display of creepy perspectives, to basically just a free-walk FPS. Can't imagine this remake would do it for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back