#Resistance?

I'll let her words speak for themselves, thank you. Of course she's trying to avoid it, she's trying to work herself to the left of Sanders. Thankfully Ramos didn't let her do that. It wasn't a gotcha. But I think we can agree that you're either wrong or lying on this part of the discussion.

I've read it enough. Dodge noted.

Nice attempt at a narrative, but here it is again:
"My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, sometime in the future with energy that's as green and sustainable as we can get it, powering growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere," Clinton reportedly said to investors in a paid speech she gave to Brazilian Banco Itau in 2013.

She is clearly saying that she wants free trade, open borders, with green energy to power it.

I think I've debunked your claims that I'm lying pretty plainly here so I'll bid you adieu.
She's talking about a hemispheric common market.

in this thread: leftist claiming that they want tight borders and care about border security...

yet they are for Sanctuary Cities.....Wait, what?

this place is amazing

Open borders has nothing to do with immigration?

It can be referring to a lot of things, but in that case, it was a discussion about energy markets.

Generally speaking, "open borders" is a boogeyman--bordering on a CT. You won't see anyone other than the very rare intellectually consistent libertarians advocating it, but lots of people think that their political opponents secretly want it (and no plausible reason is ever offered). It's actually a perfect Anung issue, since his main tactic here is to insist that other people believe what they don't believe as a way to avoid discussing what they really believe.

in this thread: leftist claiming that they want tight borders and care about border security...

yet they are for Sanctuary Cities.....Wait, what?

this place is amazing

Damn, you're descending into TCK/Farmer territory. "Sanctuary cities" are about prioritizing scarce resources and helping law enforcement. Not a border security issue at all.

It can be referring to a lot of things, but in that case, it was a discussion about energy markets.

Generally speaking, "open borders" is a boogeyman--bordering on a CT. You won't see anyone other than the very rare intellectually consistent libertarians advocating it, but lots of people think that their political opponents secretly want it (and no plausible reason is ever offered). It's actually a perfect Anung issue, since his main tactic here is to insist that other people believe what they don't believe as a way to avoid discussing what they really believe.
Wouldn't open trade cover the energy markets? What does open borders have to do with that, unless she just made a gaffe and tried to say the same thing with two phrases that don't mean the same thing. I could see that happening.

Wouldn't open trade cover the energy markets? What does open borders have to do with that, unless she just made a gaffe and tried to say the same thing with two phrases that don't mean the same thing. I could see that happening.

Seems to just be emphasis and maybe wondering if the audience is going to understand it. It would be pretty strange to just slip support for open immigration into a completely unrelated speech.

Open borders has nothing to do with immigration?

She wants free trade, open borders, and green energy. Kind of a utopian trifecta.
Jack is pretending that open borders is for energy, when that would come under free trade. They’re obviously trying very hard to spin this to earn a W here.

That doesn't mean unfettered illegal immigration though, right?

It means movement for workers, and goods and services, and a comprehensively regulated singular economic zone.
It means there is no such thing as illegal immigration. Free movement.

Edit: I guess there could be some restrictions.

Holy shit, Anung's still digging. Hilarious.

Here's PolitiFact:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...-trump-says-hillary-clinton-wants-have-open-/

Here's Snopes:

https://www.snopes.com/hillary-hemispheric-government/

Give it a rest, bro. You got caught lying again.

Ed: And Clinton clarified herself:

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/v...want_an_energy_grid_that_crosses_borders.html
In a brief speech excerpt from 2013, she called for "a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, some time in the future with energy that is as green and sustainable." Clinton has said she was talking about clean energy, but we can’t fully evaluate her remarks to a bank because we don’t have the full speech.

Deep and here’s Vox....https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vo...82/hillary-clinton-wikileaks-speeches-goldman

In a brief speech excerpt from 2013, she called for "a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, some time in the future with energy that is as green and sustainable." Clinton has said she was talking about clean energy, but we can’t fully evaluate her remarks to a bank because we don’t have the full speech.

Deep and here’s Vox....https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vo...82/hillary-clinton-wikileaks-speeches-goldman

Vox talks about how it could be *used* by dishonest hacks. I agree very much that political operatives use it that way. But we're talking about reality, aren't we? It's clear that she didn't say anything about open borders with regard to immigration. Even if you think she secretly believes in that despite everything she's done and said, you have to admit that the quote doesn't support your view.

When I earlier described what you're doing (arguing that the other person believes something that they don't believe rather than arguing about their actual beliefs) as an "Anung-style" argument, you pitched a fit and tried to derail another thread. But in this one, you're showing why that was an apt description.

Damn, you're descending into TCK/Farmer territory. "Sanctuary cities" are about prioritizing scarce resources and helping law enforcement. Not a border security issue at all.
this can't be serious

it is about border security, how exactly are they granted sanctuary?

sanctuary FROM WHAT?

scare resources in tax heavy Cali? cmon son

next

Your opinion and spin on direct quotes are far from evidence that I'm even mistaken let alone lying. The opposite is actually true; that calling me a liar without me actually lying is dishonest and a lie on its own. Typical garbage from you.
You accusing him of spinning quotes is rich as that is what you are doing.

this is just " you didn't build that " all over again

This is a head-scratcher. What do you think "border" means?
don't be pedantic

You can't be granted sanctuary if YOU AREN"T HERE ILLEGALLY.....

so they teleported to the US?

why are the vast majority of sanctuary cities in states that border Mexico?

anyone? bueller?

I'll let her words speak for themselves, thank you. Of course she's trying to avoid it, she's trying to work herself to the left of Sanders. Thankfully Ramos didn't let her do that. It wasn't a gotcha. But I think we can agree that you're either wrong or lying on this part of the discussion.

I've read it enough. Dodge noted.

Nice attempt at a narrative, but here it is again:
"My dream is a hemispheric common market, with open trade and open borders, sometime in the future with energy that's as green and sustainable as we can get it, powering growth and opportunity for every person in the hemisphere," Clinton reportedly said to investors in a paid speech she gave to Brazilian Banco Itau in 2013.

She is clearly saying that she wants free trade, open borders, with green energy to power it.

I think I've debunked your claims that I'm lying pretty plainly here so I'll bid you adieu.
[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]
Open border is not a black and white term, Canada and the US can be said to have an open border and in that context has nothing to do with immigration .

don't be pedantic

You can't be granted sanctuary if YOU AREN"T HERE ILLEGALLY.....

so they teleported to the US?

why are the vast majority of sanctuary cities in states that border Mexico?

anyone? bueller?

I'm not. Border security refers to security at the border, as in stopping people from crossing the border. Do you understand?

So the point of "sanctuary cities" (not an official designation so it refers to a lot of things) is to help law enforcement by A) not wasting their time on something that isn't their actual responsibility and B) not making witnesses or victims afraid to cooperate with investigations or report crimes. Doesn't have anything to do with securing the border.

You accusing him of spinning quotes is rich as that is what you are doing.

this is just " you didn't build that " all over again

That's a great comparison. Take a phrase out of context and misrepresent it for political gain. Anung knows that he's full of shit here, just like the "you didn't build it" folks did, but he doesn't care.

Back