Rest in Peace Big Van Vader

The 605 Super Podcast just put out a special Vader tribute episode with Jim Cornette and the best journalist in wrestling right now, David Bixenspan, talking about the Mastodon

http://605pod.com/

One of my first celebrity encounters- although I didn’t know it at the time- was sharing an elevator with Vader shortly before he debuted in WCW. After the fact (because we rode that elevator in stunned silence) my brother and I were like, “Who the heck was that giant dude that looked like both Road Warriors combined into one guy?” Our jaws dropped, of course, when he showed up on our TV a coupla weeks later. It was years later before I was exposed to his work elsewhere. A helluva great wrestler. RIP

RIP big man.

WWF came to town in 96/97 and a bunch of us kids were waiting by the side entrance of the arena to see the wrestlers coming in. Vader pulled up and was walking in and 11-year old me yelled "IT'S VADER TIME" and put my hand up expecting a high five. Instead, he snarled at me and made a motion like he was going to backhand slap me and I jumped away. Made for a great story in school on Monday and it's cool that he would keep the magic real for the kids.

<mma1>
As a rasslin fan I post this in the most respectful way, for a big bastard he was pretty fucking talented between the ropes.

Vader was a great big man but the dude worked way too stiff.

He is def a legend of the sport. Kids were straight up afraid of this dude

Vader was one of the best big men of all time. His feuds with Foley and Sting are legendary. It's too bad Vince never gave him a better chance.

Listened to Jericho's podcast and he said he never once met Vader.

How odd is that for two well travelled veterans like those two?

RIP Leon White

I want to buy that helmet, but I don't want to pay 25 or 50K or whatever he said in his Hannibal interview.

200.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

295full.jpg

giphy.gif

520fbbdcda68-300x200.gif

f.gif

XnixSqi.gif

vader1.png

The monster botch that could've ended so badly.
6E8iZIB.jpg
HOF bound, just wish it happened before he passed sonce it obviously meant alot to him

This.

He announced he had two years to live around two years ago, and WWE confidently skipped inducting him into the WWE both last year and this year.

In many circumstances I can excuse many of Vince McMahon's percieved slights to the talent he's employed, but this is unexcusable and unforgivable.

Fuck Vince McMahon.

I think Foley had mentioned it to the WWE too and was lobbying to get him in there if I remember correctly. If that were the case then it's even more inexcusable.

Back