Restaurant forced to close thanks to LUNATIC LEFT!!!!

They are located at a University. It's hard to believe it wasn't deliberate.
Ah, ok. And apparently they've been open less than two years -

"Cup It Up opened in early 2016 on North Wilmot Road and moved to the North Tyndall Avenue space in April."

Their gimmick was putting everything into a cup. I don't think the populace will suffer too greatly from this.

I recently got a burrito at a small Mexican (can I say “mexican”?) restaurant. They had a sign on the counter that said “all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religions are welcome here”

The virtue signaling has gone so far that they are stating existing laws as if its their idea.... No shit you dummies, try and deny service to someone based on that criteria and see how it goes. It’s a law you don’t have a choice

http://tucson.com/tucson-s-cup-it-u...ion_fa071ed4-ad15-11e7-a001-073cdcdd4cb0.html

59d7fc300a79f.image.jpg

The restaurant is closed indefinitely now. Boycotting it is fine, death threats? I don't even see anything that offensive in the Facebook post.

At least the restaurant wasn’t appropriating anyone else’s culture. Like those evil white women that had their burrito shop shut down by our progressive saviors

He used his platform but detests nfl players using theirs.

Not a smart man.

Capitalism, bitches. They made decisions which pissed off their consumers, and the free market responded. Don't tell me you're against capitalism now.

I bet he didn't get death threats. He sounds like the kind of person who would say he did, just to make himself look like a victim of the LUNATIC LEFT

You also don't believe in strong immigration law enforcement. Have a little faith.

You know, it always bothers me when I buy hamburger in a cup that I don't know the exact political leanings of the nobody selling it to me.

A small business collapses under social media pressure.... in 3 days? Seems legit.

they should go on Shark Tank

Just goes to show that social media can be a blessing as well as a curse. Why would anyone and especially a business put out a statement like that? All you will do is receive praise by 50% and piss off 50%. In today’s world of sensitive, pussified individuals....just seems like a bad business move

Last edited:
So from what I'm reading it seems like people on both sides of the isle are pro- death threats to close businesses due to political difference. Wow, this is what unites the sherdog left-right.
Not cool with death threats, but I think them losing business for virtue signalling and politicizing is the free market in action. Fuck em.

I agree. Unless it's within your wheelhouse, I don't think it's ever a good idea for a business/actor/show/restaurant/sports league/etc. to dive into politics. Sometimes it can work in your favor (Chick-Fil-A), but there's always a chance that you alienate at least 50% of your audience.

Chick fil a focused on one issue iirc.

These guys created a list of most of the most divisive issues in America.

More i think about it this was a ploy to claim victim status.

I recently got a burrito at a small Mexican (can I say “mexican”?) restaurant. They had a sign on the counter that said “all races, genders, sexual orientations, and religions are welcome here”

The virtue signaling has gone so far that they are stating existing laws as if its their idea.... No shit you dummies, try and deny service to someone based on that criteria and see how it goes. It’s a law you don’t have a choice
I saw a similar sign on a bathroom door at a local Peruvian restaurant. Basically just virtue signalling because according to state and federal law they wouldn't be allowed to prevent a customer from using the one single-person public bathroom they had in a small restaurant anyway. They're actually really nice people and I like the food there, but it is what it is.

Last edited:
"Come for a sandwich, stay to hear what we think about abortion!"

I'm going to need to hear what you think about abortion and see your wash station before I have that sandwich.

It's one thing to make a conservative political statement when you own a restaurant in a small town in Indiana(red state country).

It's another when you out your business within earshot of a cesspool of progressive authoritarians at a large University. Even in Deep Red States, college towns are largely leftist ghettos.

Saying you support Trump is like screaming hail Hitler while waving a swastika flag to some of those nutters.

Most college towns in the Midwest are far nicer than the areas around it. Look at Fayetteville in Arkansas, I was shocked at what an awesome place it was compared to the region's surrounding it.

Back