Retired Army Lt. Col. Ralph Peters breaks up with Fox News after 10 year relationship...

Is there really a point in celebrating this move? Does anybody really believe this guy hit his breaking point just now?

Something tells me this move is a lot less honorable than he is making it out to be. They probably low balled him, he felt insulted, and is now playing the patriot card to get back at them.

"My fellow Americans. I can no longer ignore the lies of FOX News. I have seen the light!"

Yeah, whatever you say, Grandpa.
Attack the messenger not the message.

Please point out one single thing he said that wasn't factually true.

Mods-Please merge into existing thread. Sorry for the duplication.

Ralph Peters, a retired Army lieutenant colonel who became a Fox News commentator in 2008 quit Fox News last night, calling Fox “a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration.” He described President Trump as being “terrified” of Russian president Vladimir Putin.

Below are excerpts of the e-mail he wrote to Fox news colleagues before quitting:

“Today, I feel that Fox is assaulting our constitutional order and rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers. Over my decade with Fox, I long was proud of the association. Now I am ashamed.”

“When prime-time hosts — who have never served our country in any capacity — dismiss facts and empirical reality to launch profoundly dishonest attacks on the FBI, the Justice Department, the courts, the intelligence community (in which I served) and, not least, a model public servant and genuine war hero such as Robert Mueller — all the while scaremongering with lurid warnings of ‘deep-state’ machinations — I cannot be part of the same organization, even at a remove. To me, Fox News is now wittingly harming our system of government for profit.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...bc50284fce8_story.html?utm_term=.03fe5a2162a7

Peters was a harsh critic of President Obama, once calling him a "pussy" on the air and being suspended for it. He was also said he would vote for Hillary Clinton — even though she was “despicable,” “corrupt,” and “greedy” — because “it’s a vote against Donald Trump. I don’t want Moscow’s man in the White House.”
https://www.vox.com/2018/3/20/17144758/fox-news-ralph-peter-quits-trump-letter

I don't agree with Col. Peters foreign policy views, but I think he is 100% on the money when he points out that Fox News' model has pivoted away from presenting conservative viewpoints to peddling conspiracy-theory paranoia.

Fox News and other right wing outlets are responsible for the paranoia that threatens to undermine our public institutions right now.

Last edited:
Ok lets say you are right. You know what that means, that he has no integrity, so all those years on Fox can was just bullshitting.

If you're under the impression that I watch or respect FOX News, you're mistaken.

Fox News is shit but I don't think anyone will miss this Cold War-era relic.

He's only propped up now as having credibility because it is convenient.

He was a war mongering psycho. Rivaling John Bolton.
Any time i saw him on Fox he was pushing for war with Iran & N.Korea.

I guess even he had his limits.

When you have to promote Tucker Carlson & Jesse Watters to primetime you know your network is a shit show.
Tucker Carlson doesn't believe any of the shit he's slinging. He doesn't like Trump.

He made that clear on much smaller platforms during the campaign (as in his address to the FDNY).

To be fair to FOX news, what could be more American than willingly damage something for profit?

Conveniently comes as his contract is expiring.

So let me get this straight. He shills for Fox News for over a decade, and never once had this epiphany. All above board, they were.

Uh-huh. Pretty clear the old man got low balled in negotiations, and he's bitter about it. Now he figures he'll play Mr. Patriot, to get into the good graces of easily duped Liberals, and get a gig on one of their networks.

Liberals using this guy as some kind of symbol of integrity, just goes to show how low the bar goes. Hey Hannity, if you ever get fired, Liberals will be waiting with open arms. You just gotta bash Trump and Russia in an e-mail, and you're on the team.

Also, there's already a thread on this.

Fox News used to be much, much worse. I think now that they actually have material to call out the craziness of liberals they are better than when they were trying to find anything on Obama (beyond the fact that he was just a typical neo-con).

Fox during the GW Bush was 10x worse than it is now, and some liberal/leftist news sources are pushing beyond that with their insane propaganda.

Tucker is as good as it gets for mainstream news pundits.

For profit. Doing harm to the country for profit.

Sounds like a place this administration would hire from

Wants to implement an assault weapons ban. Fuck that guy.

Say whatever you want about the man but what he said is true. Fox has become a right wing propaganda machine.

Fox News used to be much, much worse. I think now that they actually have material to call out the craziness of liberals they are better than when they were trying to find anything on Obama (beyond the fact that he was just a typical neo-con).

Fox during the GW Bush was 10x worse than it is now, and some liberal/leftist news sources are pushing beyond that with their insane propaganda.

Tucker is as good as it gets for mainstream news pundits.

200w.webp

He sounds like a psycho idiot. A lot of people cone out of the military that way. He needed a grand enemy in his mind to justify his welfare case life's work, and it has to be Russia. Russia having power over Trump makes them more formidable, and so his brain went that direction to back up his cold war delusion fantasies.

Fox was the first to insert politics so heavily into news.. They started the damage. Never a fan. But NOW they serve as simply a counter balance to the other networks bs. That's sad.

OANN is a far better balance, btw, outside of their conservative talking head evening idiots. I don't have that channel anymore. Might switch back to uverse to get it.

The guy is right... Fox is responsible for the absolute and utter dumbing down of America. To the point where the uneducated right believe everything and anything they say as long as it props up Trump and puts down the left.

The poster you quoted is sadly kind of right.

I hated Sean Hannity. He was a joke. The fact that the left has made him actually correct on numerous issues the last couple years is scary, but they have. He almost doesn't know how to talk the same when he is the reasonable position; literally. His voice is different. He was used to making things up, or taking the wrong position, and being loud about it. Hannity became rich that way. When he us the reasonable, correct position, which he us sometimes now, it's completely different.

Yeah. Okay.

You're free to check my post history. I pretty much use them as the bar, for how low Liberal outlets have sunk.

I'm sure.

Any time something negative comes out about something or someone on the right, the right leaning Sherdoggers have one of two very predictable responses. It's like clockwork.
Response #1: Deflect "but but Hillary"
Response #2: Complete separation "I never liked that person / thing anyway!"

Back