Retired Fighters (possibly with CTE) doing silly things

Ya, I was going to ask this. Do you guys think he is just an odd duck, cte, possibly drugs, some/all/none?

Of course, it is really hard to assess what makes people act bizarrely. He was a cool guy back in the day

He was an odd duck for the majority of his career but in hindsight we can say that his chin was a bit too good, lol. He'd be better if he got out of the sport earlier i think.

Do you know he has CTE because it can only be detected after the person is dead and his brain removed and analysed?
Rumor spreading and speculation embracing = pathetic

You can still be diagnosed with CTE

Gary Goodridge .... if you watch his interviews the guy just erms and arrs .... really sad and tragic ....
Yeah the Goodridge story is certainly a sad one. I can't remember which documentary I was watching but Gary was not in good shape (mentally or physically) He was in a doctor's office doing some basic coordination tests and failing and his speech was very slurred. Truly tragic.

Fighters should be given CBD...

WindingPotableGrosbeak-max-1mb.gif
giphy.gif

godzilla-final-wars-3.jpg

Teh%20Natural_zpspustwavh.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Ya, I was going to ask this. Do you guys think he is just an odd duck, cte, possibly drugs, some/all/none?

Of course, it is really hard to assess what makes people act bizarrely. He was a cool guy back in the day
mayhem gets a lot of shit for what he's done but he was a fan fav back in the day mainly for his personality. he was one of the best coaches on TUF that I can remember watching. he was also on JRE a few times and of course did that bully beatdown show which, as corny as it was, was entertaining and had good intentions behind it

pretty sure it's mental illness - bipolar/paranoid schizophrenia. i remember Rogan talking about him as they were good friends, and Rogan just mentioned Mayhem was going through a lot of shit, and alluded to mental illness. of course i dont think taking shots to the head everyday in training helps either

How is what Schaub doing silly the guy is hosting Oscar pre and post shows on E!, is on tour two weeks a month selling out venues around the world, has a successful podcast with A list comedian Bryan Callen and has his own Showtime internet TV show called Below the bellybutton. He's carved out a post fight career that is about as successful as can be.
Agree with all but callen point.

Back