REVIEW: Nutty Buddy-Protectin the Boys!

CFMC04

Blue Belt
Reaction score
This is my first review so be gentle..........Here we go!

I decided to give the NB a try after reading a thread in G&E and seeing a video on the NB website. In the video a guy takes a fastball from a pitching machine square in the junk. I didn't phase him!! with marketing gold like that, I knew I had to check this thing out.

I checked the website and found the sizing information a bit lacking. After much debate and self examination, I confidently ordered the "HOG" for $25.75 with shipping.

For sizing ease of use I'll give a 7/10 simply because the above chart showed I had two correct sizes.

I received my NB in a couple of days so shipping was fast and easy. For overall ordering experience I'd say 9/10.

The NB is meant to be worn in a particular manner: 1) you put on either mid thigh boxer briefs (my choice) or compression shorts 2) the NB 3) a jock (iused my SD). This arrangement allows the NB to "float" constantly protecting the grapes. I put it on and was a bit odd at first. I could actually feel it "floating" with my movements. I felt far more confident that it would protect me because the NB cradles the baby makers more securely than a typical cup like the SD. I wore it around the house for about an hour or so. The NB NEVER got out of place, even while sitting. I did feel a couple of times like one of my potatos had fallen out of the sack, but alas it had not.
Comfort is 9/10 and 10/10 after getting used to it.

The NB has a unique shape to it. It is a hard cup and seems very sturdy. Only time will tell how long it will last but it does seem like it can take all kinds of punishment.

The extended portion along the bottom I refer to as the taint protector for obvious reasons. It acts as a type of funnel keeping my twins conjoined rather than allowing them to dividde and be conquered.

I can honestly say I have been impressed with the NB. I have worn it during conditioning, MT, MMA and BJJ. The NB performed well in all aspects. It never came out of place, pinched or hurt me. During MT and MMA I am able to move, kick, sprawl and scramble w/o inhibition or discomfort. During sparring I have only taken glancing blows to the twig and berries, however, other than the jarring force of the kick/knee, my berries were not pureed. In BJJ I have not even noticed wearing it. All the times my sack of marbles had previously been smashed into while holding my guard were no longer a problem. I have not noticed any impairment in my ability to perform any technique on the ground.
For protection and performance I give a 10/10.

Another thing, the NB does not protrude out as far as typical cups.

The SD is behind the NB.....

One last thing I'd like to add. One feature I like about the NB is that I can pull the cup out after training or between classes without disrobing. This is nice if you need to go out in public before, in between or after training.

Overall I give the NB 9/10 only because perfection does not exist. I really like this thing that I bought as kind of a joke. It works well for me and hopefully will work well for you. I hope this helps. Like I said, it's my first review so I'm sure I left some stuff out.

Sorry about the pics, I'm some what of a waterhead when it comes to this stuff.

Nice review. I was planning on buying this also, that guy in the demo video really promoted the product by putting his life on the line.

Extra points towards review quality for the number of different terms used to describe teh wedding tackle

Great review. Although I'm a little disappointed it doesn't stick out as far as a typical cup. I like to do a little cup grinding when I'm in North/South. lol

Extra points towards review quality for the number of different terms used to describe teh wedding tackle

Thank you. I tried to make talking about a cup as entertaining as possible.

Does the cup sit inside the jock? Or is it outside of the jock pouch, simply in between the fabric of the jock and the fabric of the compression shorts?

Does the cup sit inside the jock? Or is it outside of the jock pouch, simply in between the fabric of the jock and the fabric of the compression shorts?

In between the compression shorts or chonies and the jock. Not inside the jock though. This is what allows it to "Float" around your meat and potatos.

howtowearpp0.jpg

By rso2990 at 2007-11-04

Will the NB fit into any compression short, or does it have to be the short from the company?

Will the NB fit into any compression short, or does it have to be the short from the company?

The NB does NOT go into the compression short or the jock. It goes in between them. The NB is not actually in anything, it's the meat in the sandwich.

I just ordered one based on your review. I have taken a few too many shots direct to the cup that have put me on my knees.

Good job on the review. You took a product that I thought was hysterical and made me consider it. I'm happy with my SD, but I'll consider it if and when I need another cup.

Good job on the review. You took a product that I thought was hysterical and made me consider it. I'm happy with my SD, but I'll consider it if and when I need another cup.

I'm glad this review has helped out. I bought the NB purely for comical value and much to my suprise I actually liked it. Thanks for taking the time to read my review.

Back