Review of Brazilian FightWear Team Grappling Shorts

Reaction score
Hey, so I just got these in the mail http://www.brazilianfightwear.com/s...35551334&Store_id=117&page_id=23&Item_ID=1675

This is my first review, but since not many people have these I think I should review them.
Alright, so first off, these arrived within the time period that BFW said they'd come in, which is nice. These shipped from Brazil so they took about 11 days to reach my house. Visually, I like these shorts a lot. The black and white is nice, provides some contrast and has a more reserved look in my opinion than some of the other shorts out there that have bright two tone patterns, camo etc etc.

The fit. The fit of the shorts is very nice in terms of maneuverability. I have not rolled seriously in these yet, however I put them on and did some shots (takedowns for you non-wrestlers) and then some ground drills. The crotch in these is a bit higher than on my nike all around sport shorts, but this did not effect comfort, just a note. The crotch being a bit higher made shots very fluid because there wasn't that excess material to get caught up on if that makes sense. The legroom is very much as advertised, there's TONS. The leg room was really nice for a guy like me I'm stocky and have big quads from cycling (Yeah, cycling, like Lance and those euro guys, my dad got me into it a couple of years ago, that's the short version).

Material/Feel/Weight. The feel of these is very nice. They have some solidity to them, but you don't feel like you're wearing huge basketball shorts either. The material stretches nicely (made of similar stretch microfiber as Sprawl V Flex and NoGi). My buddy has the V Flex shorts and they seemed to have less give to them in the leg than these BFW shorts(the leg, not the lycra flex panel). The stitching on these is good, triple stitched on the major seems, with some bar-tak (I believe thats what it's called) stitching at points on the crotch where all 4 panels connect and on the fly. The side seems are also triple stitched. The way the shorts fit I didn't feel any stress put on the crotch seems when shooting or drilling delariva guard. The only places that don't have triple stitching are around the waistband panel which is double stitched and the fly panel.

The closure System: The closure system is good -IF- you order to your size. Measure your waist where you would wear your shorts before ordering these because the tie is similar to a board short. The velcro fly and waist are very strong on these and the tie is really to hold that in place, but can be used to cinch the shorts a little bit more to make them fit properly around the waist. There isn't a lot of stretch to the waist so order to exact waist size (BFW provide inch measurements on their site of these shorts, I ordered a Brazil 46 or US36 which has a measurement of 37.4 )

Comments: These are a very good, nice looking pair of shorts. These fit very well and seem built to last for awhile. My only suggestion would be to have an internal drawstring that goes all the way around the waist so that these shorts could be a bit more adjustable. Overall I'd give these an 8.5 out of 10. These are definitely shorts worth getting if they have a size that will fit your waist. I'll post pics of these eventually.
(Edited for spelling)

Thanks a lot for the complete review SoulWound666.

We spend lots of time and effort developing our shorts, the mat is our laboratory and our training partners are our test drivers, we're here to stay and we know that selling only top quality products is the way to go.

We'll be receiving 3 new models tomorrow, please be free to check them out on our store, they look awesome.

BFW TEAM

great review, and i like em..i think i, gonna have to get a pair, i wanna see the 3 new models tomorrow though...now i have something new to be excited abt

very nice shorts bfw

I might just have to get these. Thanks for the review.

So they have these models now too.
http://www.brazilianfightwear.com/s...ails.asp?Store_id=117&page_id=23&Item_ID=1681

http://www.brazilianfightwear.com/s...ails.asp?Store_id=117&page_id=23&Item_ID=1680

One is black, the other is green w/ yellow trim (Brazilian flag colors). The difference between these and the Team model that I have is that these two new models have a split leg. I haven't had any trouble with knees, thai clinch or high kicks, but then again, I don't usually throw high kicks. I prefer to work low kicks, knees to the body and head and punches. These description of the materials and stitching is the same as for the shorts I reviewed, so expect these to be just as good, the only difference being split seems. I'll try to post pics of the Team shorts tonight or at least within the next few days.

Thanks SoulWould666.

We're receiving lots of emails from our customers asking the meaning of the japonese letters on the right leg, it means "JIU JITSU".

Don't forget that there is another model coming out this thursday.

BFW TEAM

Back