Review of Cleto Reyes Lace-Up 16oz. training gloves

Yep the TU DAs are really nice on the bag.
The TU DAs are dependable. They're not flashy (I actually don't like the way they look) and craftsmanship is just OK, but performance-wise, I am consistently satisfied with them. Again, it's something about the snug fit (though it could be a little less snug in the finger area) and the padding... I really want to dissect the glove to find out what sort of padding is used.

The TU DAs are dependable. They're not flashy (I actually don't like the way they look) and craftsmanship is just OK, but performance-wise, I am consistently satisfied with them. Again, it's something about the snug fit (though it could be a little less snug in the finger area) and the padding... I really want to dissect the glove to find out what sort of padding is used.

Wait, what !? You don't like the look of the DAs ? That's it our Sherdog romance is over ! Lol

You are right about the craftsmanship tho.

Wait, what !? You don't like the look of the DAs ? That's it our Sherdog romance is over ! Lol

You are right about the craftsmanship tho.
Haha, I think they look tacky, esp. with the logo. The glove color scheme is clearly mimicking Grants, but the actual shape of the glove is nothing like Grants. I would rather just have a single color scheme without the split thumb, split palm, etc. And no logo... Also, the "superlative training equipment" branding underneath the logo just sounds really lame to me.

Haha, I think they look tacky, esp. with the logo. The glove color scheme is clearly mimicking Grants, but the actual shape of the glove is nothing like Grants. I would rather just have a single color scheme without the split thumb, split palm, etc. And no logo... Also, the "superlative training equipment" branding underneath the logo just sounds really lame to me.

I really like the DAs Monster that John Wayne Part has. But yes the DAs are tacky lol. But so good. Did some bag work with them this morning after a few weeks without using them and they felt soooo good.

Yeah, I agree with you that the logo is a bit tacky. I would like a pair of Grants glove, but unfortunately they are extremely expensive.

Yeah, I agree with you that the logo is a bit tacky. I would like a pair of Grants glove, but unfortunately they are extremely expensive.
Well, the DAs are nothing like Mexican gloves. They're sui generis.

This is what I think it is: the TU DAs don't have the look or feel of super nice or expensive gloves. They look kind of cheap, in my opinion. But they perform well and are, at least so far, hella durable (my Norcal moment). They are deceptive because they perform much better than they look.

Got a pair of the DAs when they were $50. For that price I don't think they can be beat. Padding is very protective and they've held up really well so far. But @hangulmalmotayo said it best, they just don't look or feel like a high end glove haha.

I can't wait to see how the leather will hold ever time. It's super thick. Same with the the Death Stars.

Back