Review: Top Boxer Custom Winning Inspired Gloves (6/10)

Gotta admit, this thread made for interesting reading.

This review reminded me of my experiences with the Fairtex BGV5 gloves. Nice looking gloves, but the padding was complete $hit and made the gloves unusable.

IMHO sounds like all this trouble could have been avoided by:
-Titling this review "Top Boxer Custom Gloves", since the foam used was different than the foam used in the Winning Inspired gloves, thereby making these gloves a completely different animal.
-Removing the comparisons to the Winnings and the C-17v2.
-Mo probably shouldn't have gambled (and lost) by suggesting the stiff ortho foam instead of the layered "Winning" foam.

Thanks for the review! Keep them coming!

Good review, thanks!

Hey guys! Have been reading sherdog for a while, need some gear. A wrong thread to ask maybe, but - what would most of you recommend? c-17 or top boxer? looking for some bag gloves and sparring gloves...

too (hope this is going not to insult anyone) please forgive the forum nobs question. I read this thread where some of you are calling names and insulting each other, guys are there some training videos of you or fights? i mean some guys there must be good cause you respect/do not respect them so you saw their videos probably. minowafanatic, StRatoCastR, beaglepuss, clamp somebody? would be awesum and see this great gear you review in action. sorry for my english

Yes, this is the wrong thread, it's a warzone and may get deleted. You just got between a predator and his prey. You certainly lack social intelligence.

yes i hope so.
lol
i guess after this i am done sending free gear to promote my stuff as its already popular enough.
its a good learning experience...

Treat your fans nicely, and your critics harshly. Critics are jealous of your ability to create. I don't sell to disrespectful people.

clamp thinks im criticizing r2c and backing mo to get sone free stuff from him. ill repost the pic later

Yeah, if I don't get free gear the company must suck:icon_lol:

Last edited:
Hi, I lurk the forums but don't really post that often.

I just wanted to include to this thread that I find it very confusing how people are going back and forth if they should mention the C17s in this thread with comments like "but what about the C17s" that are countered with "this is a review of Topboxers gloves, keep the C17s out of it".

This could stem from there being a whole section in the OP comparing the Topboxer gloves to the C17s version 2. This section comes across, at least to me, almost as an advertisement for the C17s including prices and so forth which is a bit odd (perhaps not as they are both supposed to be winning clones).

I am not trying to bad-mouth/diss Clamp, but just saying that this section might have fuelled the flame a bit.

English is not my first language but I hope my point was clear.

btw. I own the C17 version 1 and love them, have had them for almost a year. (disclaimer haha)

Yes, this has been a very interesting thread to read, especially since i caught much of the drama yesterday before it was all deleted.

I think the point that Mino tried to make and many people are missing, is that nobody is really upset about Clamps review, but people started to take it personally when he implied and later stated that other people's reviews of TB gear were bs (and not just a reflection that he got a defective product)

But, I think a good solution is that someone with a highly reviewed pair of TB gloves should trade for Clamp's bum pair and see if they feel the same way about them. (I'm only half serious).

What really needs to happen, and Im sure Muhammad is down for it as Ive repeated myself like 3x at this point.

1. Take the feedback
2. Build on it
3. Replace Clamps glove
4. Have Clamp re-review
5. Enjoy success

What really needs to happen, and Im sure Muhammad is down for it as Ive repeated myself like 3x at this point.

1. Take the feedback
2. Build on it
3. Replace Clamps glove
4. Have Clamp re-review
5. Enjoy success

This would seem like the most reasonable plan :)

Thats what I suggested too but Clamp didnt want to go that way,he preferred to start a fight instead. Q_Q

1. Take the feedback
2. Build on it
3. Replace Clamps glove
4. Have Clamp re-review
5. Enjoy success

I agree 100%.

Thats what I suggested too but Clamp didnt want to go that way,he preferred to start a fight instead. Q_Q

That is the ONLY way things will work out, Im sure he will be down for it. Doing this will cause BOTH sides to calm down, and it will then just be a matter of waiting for Muhammad to construct the gloves and waiting for clamps review.

Yes, this is the wrong thread, it's a warzone and may get deleted. You just got between a predator and his prey. You certainly lack social intelligence.

For christ sakes...SHUT THE F!*$& UP!!!!!!

hi folks . the matter has been resolved between me and clamp very peacefully.he is getting refund and i am getting back my gloves.
the feedback has been noted and will work on it.
NOTE :i offered mr clmp a new pair with all tweaks and things being fixed for nothing but for holding his review untill he gets another pair with his suggested changes...but he refused.
so lets just get over this and keep thing civilized.

@stratocastr
you are a very kind hearted and innocent human.
its a saying in our city that you get bitten by a snake once thats ok , if you get bitten by a snake twice then you are fool because snakes are always dishonest(biting) its their nature.

JUST A RANDOM SAYING I WANTED TO SHARE.
pleas guys dont relate it to anyone here

i,ll get back to 511 custom orders that i have to complete in june.

Last edited:
I hope this whole debacle hasn't deterred Clamp from reviewing gear in the future. I really find his reviews helpful and very informative. His frustration is understandable but at the same time it seems like he was expecting a lot of backlash for this review and was ready to come out swinging to defend his criticisms. Maybe for this reason Clamp came off a bit too aggressive. His review however, was honest and backed up with pics. Hope he keeps it up.

I hope this whole debacle hasn't deterred Clamp from reviewing gear in the future. I really find his reviews them helpful and very informative. His frustration is understandable but at the same time it seems like he was expecting a lot of backlash for this review and was ready to come out swinging to defend his criticisms. Maybe for this reason Clamp came off a bit too aggressive. His review however, was honest and backed up with pics.

I don't see him quitting the reviews. He will be back with more gear and more great, honest reviews:)

Clamp was really disappointed, and Muhammad I don't understand why u said it but okay. If me trying to be diplomatic is snake like so be it. Either way u have my feedback and I hope u make the sig series an improved version. I think after some time clamp may try tb gloves again.

Last edited:
Clamp was really disappointed, and Muhammad I don't understand why u said it but okay. If me trying to be diplomatic is snake like so be it. Either way u have my feedback and I hope u make the sig series an improved version. I think after some time clamp may try tb gloves again.

I got the feeling he was referring to Clamp with the snake comment, perhaps implying that Clamp would just do a negative review again.

I got the feeling he was referring to Clamp with the snake comment, perhaps implying that Clamp would just do a negative review again.

Probably....but I know Clamp wouldn't do another negative review if he was sent a pair of gloves with all the issues rectified. He's an honest reviewer regardless of the brand.

Now can we all move on from this....whats done is done. Both sides have worked it out.

Back