Review: Top Boxer Custom Winning Inspired Gloves (6/10)

I got the feeling he was referring to Clamp with the snake comment, perhaps implying that Clamp would just do a negative review again.

IMO that's even worse he is one of the most respected reviewers and a lot of us to include myself would have never tried different companies or getting my feet wet reviewing if it wasn't for guys like Blair and clamp

IMO that's even worse he is one of the most respected reviewers and a lot of us to include myself would have never tried different companies or getting my feet wet reviewing if it wasn't for guys like Blair and clamp

+1 on this. But I also have to add your name to my list of reviewers who introduced me to different brands Strat. :)

I believe Muhammad was just saying how he appreciate's Strat's mutual stance in this situation and good nature overall. Basically just saying to keep it up rather than being a snake. He also did say not to relate the term "snake" to anyone in here.

I suppose but it certainly didn't come across that way. And I hope clamp gives Muhammad another chance and Muhammad , clamp another shot.

Well, if anything, IF Muhammad by any chance was implying Clamp was a snake, it'd be for the continous bashing and posting that PM to taskmaster, not the review.

Probably....but I know Clamp wouldn't do another negative review if he was sent a pair of gloves with all the issues rectified. He's an honest reviewer regardless of the brand.

Now can we all move on from this....whats done is done. Both sides have worked it out.

Not sure how else to interpret the comment from top boxer. Stratocastr wanted TB to send clamp another pair for a re-review and his response was the snake biting comment. Odd thing to say right after telling everyone that it was all resolved peacefully. Oh well. You're right, best to move on and keep on topic: Finding sweet ass gear to train with

Clamp tried to give a fair review, but emotions from the past resurfaced and clouded his judgement. It could happen again, he is human after all. I think it's best they go their separate ways and move on.

this is why i mentioned the c17 on this thread.

t02koi.png

this dude clamp is amazing! keep providing us with objective review buddy.
by the way, if you and your friends can help it don't go off on me. psssssshhh go a head kid. idgaf!!!!

This is truly incredible....wow just.....wow.

Clamp was really disappointed, and Muhammad I don't understand why u said it but okay. If me trying to be diplomatic is snake like so be it. Either way u have my feedback and I hope u make the sig series an improved version. I think after some time clamp may try tb gloves again.

you did,nt quite understand it my friend.
i would never call or think of you as snake.
you are one of the best reviewers and supporters of my work.
EDITED TO LET THIS MATTER DIE AS EVERYONE WANTED

Screenshot_2014-06-15-15-08-36_zps5294b699.png

all the feedback has been noted and i am vigorously working on some improvements for the specific foam i used in mr clamps gloves.
thanks everyone who support my work and also those who criticized it because one day you might also give it a shot like thousands of others from all across the globe.

Last edited:
Good edit TopBoxer. I agree this thread needs to die and we all move on.

Clamp tried to give a fair review, but emotions from the past resurfaced and clouded his judgement. It could happen again, he is human after all. I think it's best they go their separate ways and move on.

I agree mate.

IMO the thread doesn't need to die, nothing really got resolved! People are going to look back at this thread some day and wonder what happened when they do a search for the sig series gloves, and 2. finger pointing, and bashing looks dumb, 3. The gloves do need improvement I hope Muhammad you do realize this. 4. Clamp SHOULD be given the opportunity to re-review this glove. Then we can call this thread resolved.

Ok now for re-build time, to get the thread back on track.

Muhammad, can you post some pics of the Ortho foam side by side with the new Winning foam, and explain the differences for those that do not know? And how are you planning to make the Winning foam better? As it stands right now I think your ortho and IMF foam is superior. Thanks!

StRatoCastR great posts!
new here, read some reviews and saw you videos,fine stuff dude! any new video reviews soon? any training/sparring instructional videos?would be great!

As it stands right now I think your ortho and IMF foam is superior. Thanks!

I'm still having trouble understanding what the issue is with the foam on the clones. Just for clarification, is it because you think that they are not protective and degrade too quickly? Also, just out of curiousity, have u tried them?

@strat bro
the issue has been resolved peacefully once and for all.
clamp is getting refund and i am getting my gloves back.
and clamp and i are never going to cross each other,s path or talk bad about each other like two civilized persons and never do business again.
no one will come back as his gloves does,nt represent sig series.they are one of its kind.

@goatyp

strat did get one pair from very very first version of these gloves which are ALL SOLD OUT and he pointed out some tweaks to be introduced in the gloves.
that others who have bought also did.
and i appreciate the input and worked upon them.
clamps foam was one unique thing i did because i thought to get his input weather or not to continue it and i was willing to replace it when he said they are,nt good foam to be used on these gloves...i asked him to hold the review and let me make him a new pair but he decided to go the other way and post the review.
I ALSO GOT THE PERMISSION TO USE DIFFERENT FOAM FROM MY USUAL WINING INSPIRED GLOVES IN HIS GLOVES AND HE SAID OK.the reason was to get his feedback make him another pair but that turned into...anyways

but the issue between me and him is RESOLVED
i am not going to use that stiffer foam in anyone,s gloves from now on unless they ask for it.
the very first version gloves that strat got had many reviews from minofanatic and dtenny
and i guess couple of others reviewed them as well.
but ofcourse the newer version is resolved one.
here is the link of the very first version that strat and many others got which was not as perfect as the coming never versions are.
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f67/topboxer-stock-winning-16oz-gloves-2722107/

Last edited:
I thought there were several issues and areas for improvement with the previous iteration of the stock Winning inspired gloves as detailed in my review but the padding over the striking surface wasn't really one of them. Personally I wouldn't recommend the IMF over any of the other types available, for the reasons that, like all IMF:

- it degrades and bobbles with use
- the shock absorption isn't good
- it makes it hard to land on your knuckles
- it significantly changes the angle that punches land on

With the only plus really that you aren't ever going to bottom your knuckles out on them. Some people use it happily though, so I guess to each their own. I like the regular layered foam, and these Winning-inspired much better and think they're much more functional, and have got some orthopedic gloves which will be here in a couple weeks.

Muhammad, can you post some pics of the Ortho foam side by side with the new Winning foam, and explain the differences for those that do not know? And how are you planning to make the Winning foam better? As it stands right now I think your ortho and IMF foam is superior. Thanks!

I would like to hear the answer on this too.

OK- i think it would be helpful if you implemented version control (ie 1.0, 2.0 etc.). It would help people keep track of improvements and prevent people from outright dismissing your product.

@strat bro
the issue has been resolved peacefully once and for all.
clamp is getting refund and i am getting my gloves back.
and clamp and i are never going to cross each other,s path or talk bad about each other like two civilized persons and never do business again.
no one will come back as his gloves does,nt represent sig series.they are one of its kind.

@goatyp

strat did get one pair from very very first version of these gloves which are ALL SOLD OUT and he pointed out some tweaks to be introduced in the gloves.
that others who have bought also did.
and i appreciate the input and worked upon them.
clamps foam was one unique thing i did because i thought to get his input weather or not to continue it and i was willing to replace it when he said they are,nt good foam to be used on these gloves...i asked him to hold the review and let me make him a new pair but he decided to go the other way and post the review.
I ALSO GOT THE PERMISSION TO USE DIFFERENT FOAM FROM MY USUAL WINING INSPIRED GLOVES IN HIS GLOVES AND HE SAID OK.the reason was to get his feedback make him another pair but that turned into...anyways

but the issue between me and him is RESOLVED
i am not going to use that stiffer foam in anyone,s gloves from now on unless they ask for it.
the very first version gloves that strat got had many reviews from minofanatic and dtenny
and i guess couple of others reviewed them as well.
but ofcourse the newer version is resolved one.
here is the link of the very first version that strat and many others got which was not as perfect as the coming never versions are.
http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f67/topboxer-stock-winning-16oz-gloves-2722107/

Ok Muhammad, so I got the 1.0s, Clamp got a Prototype, so they are NOT the same glove model at all? Im just making sure, because right now im slightly confused.

Back