Review: Venum Kimono

thanks p_ahn , i really want to get one of these wanted to ask that before i bought it, i like the collars a bit stiffer

then you can't go wrong with the venum.

I'd like to add that the sizes of the gi are a bit unusual, though, so be careful.

yeah, how much does it shrink, and - im 1.80m and 110Kilos, you think A3 is gonna be fine for me? Thanks!

damn that gi looks nice..i really like the stitching

I have had the Venum gi for a while. I love the top, hate the pants. Too heavy for me and not built for a taller guy. I wear my Mizuno Eurocomp pants with the top. The top is nice. Feels durable yet light enough to train in on any day. I like the style a lot too. It fits me well in the arms which I usually have trouble with. I have an extra long reach at 78.5 in(finger tip to finger tip). This gi is long enough not to make me look like Frankenstein... You can definitely shrink to fit with this one. They do run big. Its an A3 and is the same size as my Gameness Platinum A4. I did shink them both slightly. Now I only hang dry after the initail fitting. The collar is firm, but thinner/flatter than the Gameness Platinum. The Gameness has a puffy collar. I like them both in the top, while I hate both the pants. Gameness pants are a little better, but I bought Vulkan pants to go with my Gameness. I am more for comfort and mobility with my long legs. The Venum pants made me feel like I had a belt around my thighs. Its hard to justify the price just for the top, unless you can sell the pants or unless you like wearing jeans while you roll. I have been wanting to do a comparison of these to for a while. Maybe I will do one soon so everyone can see the side by side in the pics. Let me know if anyone is interested.

SonofSiam - please do a side by side review. thanks!

on another note, i'm 6'1"/170lbs and i just bought an a3 venum power gi. however i'm reading all these posts on how the gi runs big and everyone is sizing down.... now i'm getting paranoid that the gi will be huge on me. does anyone have any experience in the approximate shrinkage of the gi (length/width)???

Back