REVIEW: Vulkan Kimono (comparison to KORAL) **PHOTOS**

I have ressurected this thread it got deleted by a mod when Soid was banned.

RIP Soid. :-(

~Foz

yup, definitely backwards as opposed to yours Soid, maybe it's competition-legal now with the patch on the back of the leg? no idea...

I don't get it as well. I went to Mundials and I saw they allowed a lot of people with patches on the side to compete where as in other CBJJ/IBJJF tournaments people had to take them off. Anyways my Vulkan gi is holding up fine and it's my favorite gi at the moment. I might buy a blue one for myself on XMAS.

i wish your pics still worked soid, but the host seems to have died?

Anyways, your review convinced me to make my third gi a vulkan.

~Foz

Just bought my first Vulkan. I like the fit better than that of my Koral, Keiko Raca, and Sirius so far.

Quick question though: how much did your Vulkan shrink the second time you washed/dried it?

Just bought my first Vulkan. I like the fit better than that of my Koral, Keiko Raca, and Sirius so far.

Quick question though: how much did your Vulkan shrink the second time you washed/dried it?

YOU LIKE MORE THEN YOU SIRIUS? Are you serious? :icon_chee

Ok ok, please some more comments... which sirius you own?

It shrunk a lot but still fits great. I love the gi but I'm thinking of buying a blue Koral before it's 300 bucks in 2009. Edit: I'm only getting a blue koral because I've always wanted one. I'd rate Vulkan slightly higher than Koral.

it better be the bee's knees when i get mine next week Soid!

~Foz

why was soid banned in the first place?

haha any of u know where i can get a yellow A1 vulkan? most shops seem to be out of stock

most shops? i've only seen one shop carrying the yellow at all.

and you don't want to know why soid was banned.

you can't handle the truth!!!!!!

~Foz

most shops? i've only seen one shop carrying the yellow at all.

and you don't want to know why soid was banned.

you can't handle the truth!!!!!!

~Foz

YOU LIKE MORE THEN YOU SIRIUS? Are you serious? :icon_chee

Ok ok, please some more comments... which sirius you own?

I own the Sirius Gold Weave. It's a nice gi, but the drawstring isn't very good, IMO, and it is by far the heaviest gi I own. Also, the skirt is longer than I like. The Vulkan has a very nice, slim cut, and I really like lighter gis.

I suspect that the Vulkan isn't as sturdy as the Sirius, but I rotate between four gis, so I think it'll hold up. I think I'm only going to buy Vulkans from here on in.

It shrunk a lot but still fits great. I love the gi but I'm thinking of buying a blue Koral before it's 300 bucks in 2009. Edit: I'm only getting a blue koral because I've always wanted one. I'd rate Vulkan slightly higher than Koral.

Personally, I like the Vulkan a LOT more than the Koral. My Koral is a bit too baggy around the torso, and the Vulkan fits perfectly. vUlCaN 4 lYfe, f001z.

I own the Sirius Gold Weave. It's a nice gi, but the drawstring isn't very good, IMO, and it is by far the heaviest gi I own. Also, the skirt is longer than I like. The Vulkan has a very nice, slim cut, and I really like lighter gis.

I suspect that the Vulkan isn't as sturdy as the Sirius, but I rotate between four gis, so I think it'll hold up. I think I'm only going to buy Vulkans from here on in.

the sirius is a slice heavier then my koral. I've a blue sirius, my Skirt is perfect under my butt... its a littlebit shorter then my koral... but perfect.

the drawstring is no issue for me... it hold up nice :eek: (wtf are you doing with you pants?)

SOID! ur back?!?!? heard u got banned or something...anyways, ive been meaning to ask u. Did it read it right that although u are 160lbs 5"8 u got an A1 vulkan instead of an A2? im wondering coz were about th esame size, and im about to get a vulkan too. Just pm me the details, tnx.

oh and sorry for hijacking this post...
Actually, as embarrassed as I am to say, I'm really 170 lbs right now (a little heavier than that too maybe >.>...) But anywho, I compete usually at 149-159 so the gi fits me less tighter at those weights. I go with an A1 because I like to compete with snug guys and because also I feel more comfortable in clothes similarly (Not as snug as hipsters wear their clothes).

If I were you I'd get an A1 and see how it fits before you wash. If you feel like you shouldn't dry the gi because of fear of it shrinking, I would go up a gi size.

I'll try and measure my arms for you later today to give you an idea if you should go up or not.

for 5'8 maybe a bit heavy bro considering I hold a fair bit of fat at 5'11 and 170 lol

look what happens when you get banned from sherdog.

you get fat.

be it a warning to everyone

~Foz

for 5'8 maybe a bit heavy bro considering I hold a fair bit of fat at 5'11 and 170 lol

look what happens when you get banned from sherdog.

you get fat.

be it a warning to everyone

~Foz
Hahaha fuck I'm getting owned about it even on the internets. To be fair though, I'm American. One of my best friends is australian and him and his wife agree that it's much easier to get fat here than there.

Oh and another good excuse is that I had finals and ate like total shit.

TRUE STORY

Back