REVIEW: Vulkan Kimono (comparison to KORAL) **PHOTOS**

TKDGrappler - You are right in the middle. i will suggest you to get both sizes, try them out and send one set back for refund.But if i have to pick one size i would go for size A3.

Regards
Gilberto

TKDGrappler - You are right in the middle. i will suggest you to get both sizes, try them out and send one set back for refund.But if i have to pick one size i would go for size A3.

Regards
Gilberto

Gilberto,
Now that JJPG is selling pre-shrunk Vulkan's as well as Koral's, and they are made in the same factory, are pre-shrunk A2/A3 Vulkan's the same size as pre-shrunk A2/A3 Koral's? The sizing charts do not match up, however, the Vulkan sizing chart is the same as the old shrink-to-fit gi's.

Thanks

Art Vandelay
No, they have a different cut. Vulkan is little shorter and more fitted than Koral.

Yes, becouse we made the size chart for the shrink to fit Vulkan planned on what they would normally shrink to. For example, they use to come huge and than after washed and dry on warm/hot a few times it would shrink down to the size on the chart.

Welcome
Gilberto

Gilberto,

Thanks for clarifying. I have worn A2 Koral tops and liked the fit, but with pre-shrunk Vulkan's I was tempted due to the price difference. Off the sizing chart for Vulkan, it seems too risky on the sleeves at A2, and baggy at A3. Looks like I'll be picking up a Koral if my current gi continues to go towards illegality.

Soid

Any possible way for you to send me some pictures of you in the Vulkan Gi? Or for you to host em again? Or, if you want to email them to me i can host them for you.

I am 5 foot 8 and walk around between 152-158. I would say medium build? I donno how to describe my physique.

I have an Atama Mudial #7 in size A2. It fits pretty well length wise AFTER it shrunk in the dryer a few times, I would say in the chest/shoulder area it is a tiny tiny bit baggy.

I'm looking to buy something really light weight and fitted.

From reading your review it seems like you're suggesting that an A1 is a good fit for us. Even after the shrinkage???

Thanks bro.

Hey man so sorry for the very late reply. I would definitely get an A1 but I'm not sure as to how the pre-shrunk ones fit. I might purchase a blue A1 Vulkan for the Worlds since I'll be back down in weight and I'll let you know how it fits now. I had my PC reformatted so I'm not sure if i have it on my external HD but I'll let you know by tomorrow :)

A guy I know bought an A2 pre-shrunk Vulkan, and his height and weight is identical to mine (5'10, 175). The fit appears identical to A2 Korals. It has been washed at least twice and has not suffered any shrinkage.

Definitely impressed with Vulkan.

I know I said I'd get the pictures up a few days ago and besides my internet being shutdown my Vulkan gi gave in and ripped after someone grabbed and tried to sweep me. Sucks major ass since I loved the gi and owned it for 9 months. Now I don't know what I'm gonna do for the Mundial since I was planning on using it again :-\

So yeah just got off the phone with someone from JJPG and they told me I couldn't return the gi or anything and that they've experienced this before.

That stinks and you had me sold right up til the end...To bad it ripped...

Soid: can you tell us where it ripped at? Was it at a seem, or just the material, and was it the top or the pants? Thanks.

My gi top ripped at the back where there's slight U seam. Like it wasn't a small rip at all it was a huge rip. I was gonna buy another Vulkan but them saying it's happened before and me only having it for 9 months just isn't worth it anymore for me. Thank god it happened now and not right before the Worlds.

This was the old one, not preshrunk right?

Hopefully this is fixed with the preshrunk.

Nice review soid , wht size would u recomment , i'm 5,6 and weigh like 160-165.

thx

ok so i own koral mkm comp gi im 6'0 300 lbs and i bought the a5 which btw is to big for me i which training with a big gi is just awful. so i wanna move down to a4 and im debating between vulkan and koral so i stumbled across this thread i like the patches on comp vulkan and koral but i think i want a light weight gi double weave is so damn heavy

Back