Review: Yokkao Muay Thai Gloves!

ClampXVII

Bravado Muay Thai Trainer
@Black
Reaction score
Greetings and salutations readers! I have a pretty anticipated review that everyone has been wanting to read but one that everyone already has an opinion about. I'm going to be reviewing Yokkao

Have you guys been to the Yokkao store in Samut Prakan? Not sure if it's worth the trip. I've been to a gym distributor in Bangkok but I did not pick up any gear because the price is just too much. Wondering how the same goods are priced when bought directly from them. Also looking forward to their gym opening in Sukhumvit!

Comparison Pictures
100_3879.jpg

100_3880.jpg

100_3882.jpg

100_3883.jpg

100_3985.jpg

100_3983.jpg

I heard taking a lighter to the hooks of the velcro will make them curl a bit and help them hold better.

That's a pretty good idea!

For the sake of completion, you have a link to the US seller?

You said it was better than Twins- is the velcro also better than Twins? I'm thinking of getting a pair of those but may choose Yokkao instead if the latter is better overall

I just think that Twins gets too soft and they're too bulky. I like wrestling in the clinch and they're closer to a pro style glove. I'm not a big fan of Twins because they're puffy but when it comes to the velcro I can' really say if theirs is better or not.

I just think that Twins gets too soft and they're too bulky. I like wrestling in the clinch and they're closer to a pro style glove. I'm not a big fan of Twins because they're puffy but when it comes to the velcro I can' really say if theirs is better or not.

I agree the Twins being too big (kinda like top king lol).

Thanks for the review mate and hehe Yokkao here I come! :icon_chee

The website where I bought it is from here: MMA Galore - mmagalore.com They're not up and running yet BUT if you email the owner J.C. he will get back to you. He is a pretty cool guy.

Looks like their gloves are meant to come with wrinkles; not sure if they are really a problem myself.

It's still not something that I prefer for a glove. I talked to a lot of people who think that the gloves look nice and feels really nice but don't like the looseness of the leather or the extra wrinkles.

It would be interesting to hear the reasoning for the loose leather.

quality is everything. think i'll give yokako a miss even though they have nice looking gear

I might put them on ebay soon because even though I like them I don't necessarily need them I guess. I have a bunch of stuff on ebay already so this might go in that pile soon. Too much gear that I can't justify hoarding.

Who would want your old wrinkly gloves? :p

I know plenty of girls who would take my wrinkly sack.......of boxing gear! ;)

Nicely played Anthony.....Nicely played sir.... ;)

Back