Review Your Hand Wraps!

BrokenNose

Orange Belt
Reaction score
Ringside 180" Mexican Wraps

Price: $1.99 (Black Friday Sale)
Length: 180"

I bought 4 of these pairs. I don't like them at all, really. They're made of pretty good material, but don't stretch much and are way too slippery. I can't layer them the way I like because it just slips out of place. For $2, I can't complain too much. I also don't like the full velcro hnl thing they got going on; goes on at weird angles and doesn't hug to my wrists.

Top Contender 180" Mexican Wraps

Price: $3.99
Length: 180"

Bought a pair with my new Fairtex gloves, and with the low price, I wasn't expecting much. When I got them I was like wtf, these feel horrible, BUT, after time, they became very nice. Good stretch (but seeing as they are cheap, they stretch differently for each wrap), and they cling to themselves very well. No slip n slide, and they go on tight. The velcro is a small little strip, which some people don't like, but I much prefer; they can velcro and hug at all sorts of different angles.

I've had others, but they weren't much to note about.

"I don't like them at all really" What?!? I love my ringside handwraps. I got them when they were $4 but I easily would've paid $8 for them. Maybe its because all I have been using were the shitty 108' everlast wraps that unravel after a few minutes of use, and doesn't offer much protection. But the ringside wraps get the job done, how dare you say you don't like them.

I agree my Ringside handwraps are great. I have a pair of Ultimate Handwraps by Ringside and those are good as well. I personally prefer Leroy Handwraps though. Thin short and stretchy. They're great for gloves with thick grip bars.

No lol not at all they're slightly thick yet stretchy. They don't slip at all and conform to my hands well.

Your saying that you prefer the top contender wraps over the ringside wraps? Does the top contender have the THIS SIDE DOWN feature?

Your saying that you prefer the top contender wraps over the ringside wraps? Does the top contender have the THIS SIDE DOWN feature?

Please tell me this was sarcasm because I LOL'd

I agree my Ringside handwraps are great. I have a pair of Ultimate Handwraps by Ringside and those are good as well. I personally prefer Leroy Handwraps though. Thin short and stretchy. They're great for gloves with thick grip bars.

Le Roy Handwraps are awesome. I'm also a big fan of these: Combat Sports MMA Handwraps-Combatsports.com
These are the wraps I've tried that I like from Ringside: Ringside Kids Handwraps-ringside.com Pretty similar to the CSI wraps, but I had to use them a few times before they were really comfortable. I can wear any of these wraps with MMA gloves or MMA sparring gloves and I just add padding to the knuckle to use with bag gloves or sparring gloves.

I wrote this post earlier today in another thread but it feels more appropriate here. I added a few more details too.

TRIUMPH UNITED PRO HANDWRAPS

Price: $5.59 (30% off BF sale), normally $7.99
Length: 165"
Style: Mexican (slightly elastic)

TUHW_1.jpg

They're fantastic! I bought 2 but probably should have ordered 4! I originally took interest in them because of their Black/Red/Black striped pattern but to my surprise they are very well made on top of the great aesthetics.

They feel durable like 100% cotton wraps but they have a slight elastic give which contours around your hand like your typical Mexican wraps. On top of that, the velcro on the end is a giant patch running the width of the wrap, unlike the thin strip most ordinary wraps have, which secures nicely.

They're shorter than 180" wraps at 165" but I find that there is still more than enough material to secure everything with my wrapping technique. Oh yeah, on the end with the thumb loop there is screen printed text that reads 'THIS SIDE DOWN' which is a nice touch.

I highly recommend these wraps. They're comparable to the Ringside 180" Mexican wraps but if you like that extra splash of color or want something thats unique, pick these babies up. You won't regret it.

Edit: I now own 4 pairs. They're that good.

Last edited:
I love ringside wraps, I don't find them too slippery and I think they stretch fine. Plus if they didn't have the THIS SIDE DOWN feature, I would be lost...

I wrote this post earlier today in another thread but it feels more appropriate here. I added a few more details too.

TRIUMPH UNITED PRO HANDWRAPS

Price: $5.59 (30% off BF sale), normally $7.99
Length: 165"

TUHW_1.jpg

They're fantastic! I bought 2 but probably should have ordered 4! I originally took interest in them because of their Black/Red/Black striped pattern but to my surprise they are very well made on top of the great aesthetics.

They feel durable like 100% cotton wraps but they have a slight elastic give which contours around your hand like your typical Mexican wraps. On top of that, the velcro on the end is a giant patch running the width of the wrap, unlike the thin strip most ordinary wraps have, which secures nicely.

They're shorter than 180" wraps at 165" but I find that there is still more than enough material to secure everything with my wrapping technique. Oh yeah, on the end with the thumb loop there is screen printed text that reads 'THIS SIDE DOWN' which is a nice touch.

I highly recommend these wraps. They're comparable to the Ringside 180" Mexican wraps but if you like that extra splash of color or want something thats unique, pick these babies up. You won't regret it.

Ditto, you beat me to it. Agreed that this pair of wraps is great!

Hayabusa hand wraps

hayabusahandwrap.jpg

I got the black ones that were 5m long, cost me about $10. Not much difference in price variation. Nice and thick as well, the first time they're on it looks like overkill but after a while they're fantastic. Really need to get a good sweat through them a few times before they begin to mold properly to your hands. First time I washed them and let them soak overnight I came back to find the white logo had turned colour from the amount of dye that had run.

The velcro attachment is good, been using it solid for about 4 months now and no deterioration on that. Saying that, I've got a suspicion that they've slightly shrunk over time (due to leaving them in the sun perhaps?) and they're a lot less stretchy.

I started off with basic store bought Everlast ones, then moved on to a national brand called "Punch", those ones were much better but the velcro strap didn't hold properly and started to fall apart.

Definitely a solid buy.

On another note, does anyone else find that the loop attachment that goes over the thumb cuts off circulation to your thumb sometimes?

Personally, I find the Hayabusa wraps too thick and wide for my small hands. Everytime I wrap them, I end up getting a super swollen hand, and if I tighten too much to thin down the profile, blood circulation gets cut off. Don't have this problem with my other wraps.

Personally, I find the Hayabusa wraps too thick and wide for my small hands. Everytime I wrap them, I end up getting a super swollen hand, and if I tighten too much to thin down the profile, blood circulation gets cut off. Don't have this problem with my other wraps.

I got some man hands!:icon_twis

Back