Rewatched HEAT

... in like 6-7 years since the last time I saw it. What a great movie! Every character was acted perfectly and the gunfight scene is just as good as I remember it. The reason I haven't watched it in awhile is because I was worried that it has aged poorly and didn't want to ruin my memories of it, but it's still fantastic and perfectly captures the era it takes place in, and took me back, down to the TV sets and mid-90s KISS-FM jingle I grew up on

Still feel bad for the black guy they hire to die like immediately

I couldn't stop thinking about how similar it is to GTA V with Michael being Neil , Trevor being waingro and franklin being Donald (the black guy who wanted to go legit but became a driver for criminals)

1221146_0.jpg

... in like 6-7 years since the last time I saw it. What a great movie! Every character was acted perfectly and the gunfight scene is just as good as I remember it. The reason I haven't watched it in awhile is because I was worried that it has aged poorly and didn't want to ruin my memories of it, but it's still fantastic and perfectly captures the era it takes place in, and took me back, down to the TV sets and mid-90s KISS-FM jingle I grew up on

Still feel bad for the black guy they hire to die like immediately

I couldn't stop thinking about how similar it is to GTA V with Michael being Neil , Trevor being waingro and franklin being Donald (the black guy who wanted to go legit but became a driver for criminals)

1221146_0.jpg

Heat was awesome, so was the Town which paid homage to that movie.

No recoil in the automatic weapons fire. Fake.

Still never seen it from beginning to end

No recoil in the automatic weapons fire. Fake.

Did you know that the marines have used that scene to train people on

A) how to retreat under fire
B) how to quickly reload like Val Kilmer

I didn't know that either until I looked up the imdb trivia on the toilet

The only part that really looked FAKE was the green screen of the LA cityscape when Neil was on the girls balcony. The trivia said they filmed on locations but it looks fake af to me

Did you know that the marines have used that scene to train people on

A) how to retreat under fire
B) how to quickly reload like Val Kilmer

I didn't know that either until I looked up the imdb trivia on the toilet

The only part that really looked FAKE was the green screen of the LA cityscape when Neil was on the girls balcony. The trivia said they filmed on locations but it looks fake af to me

It was a joke, son.

It's obvious the automatic fire is blank fire because there is no recoil and typical accompanying muzzle jump between rounds as Val and Neil sweep their field of fire. Possibly the nitpickiest picking of nits of any detail in what is otherwise a great sequence.

It was a joke, son.

It's obvious the automatic fire is blank fire because there is no recoil and typical accompanying muzzle jump between rounds as Val and Neil sweep their field of fire. Possibly the nitpickiest picking of nits of any detail in what is otherwise a great sequence.

@Peteyandjia pls ban

time to feel the heat
the warmth of the fresh hot skeet
all upon yo' teeth

time to feel the heat
the warmth of the fresh hot skeet
all upon yo' teeth
After it gets all over yo teeth
You should wash yo mouth out with bleach
Cause I have a really dirty disgusting meat

Great movie! Probably my favorite movie with Pacino in it and its aged great. One of my all time favorites without a doubt

Awesome movie, fuck the very end.

Whats your experience firing automatic weapons?

I'm of the three round burst A2 era.

Also, pre-M240 M60 era, so never more than three rounds at a time. (That was a reliability joke, too.) Did you know that you can put the gas piston of an M60 in backwards to turn it into a single shot, semi-automatic machine gun? On accident.

Heat is a true epic. One of the best about the self-destructive nature of dudes. dat ending always destroys me

Back