Rewatched my 2017 FOTY (Canelo/GGG)

You mention Canelo winning swing rounds. Which rounds do you mean in this fight particularly? Just curious, if you don't have time, np, but that's what really peaked my interest about your post. Good poster btw, as always. Nothing wrong with someone seeing it for GGG like I said.

Well, first round GGG outlanded Canelo but no judge gave it to him. It was a strange call. There was one in the final three rounds that I though GGG got too. The middle six were GGG. That's an 8-4 or 7-5. I saw some swing rounds in the Cotto fight (not that it would change the outcome) and a few in the Lara fight (where it could hav3, but I honestly thought Canelo had those two fights, thought Lara was close).

I had it a draw........

Why is that a big deal.
dude, why you gotta jump into an exchange that didn't even involve you and put yourself out there like that for no reason?...wtf is wrong with you?

dude, why you gotta jump into an exchange that didn't even involve you and put yourself out there like that for no reason?...wtf is wrong with you?
lol. Its a forum......

pretty common thing to do. Are you ok dude?

Well, first round GGG outlanded Canelo but no judge gave it to him. It was a strange call. There was one in the final three rounds that I though GGG got too. The middle six were GGG. That's an 8-4 or 7-5. I saw some swing rounds in the Cotto fight (not that it would change the outcome) and a few in the Lara fight (where it could hav3, but I honestly thought Canelo had those two fights, thought Lara was close).
canelo clearly won rounds 1-3....ggg got rounds 4 and 5. canelo came back in rd 6...then ggg won rds 7-9. and canelo swept rds 10-12. 7-5 canelo.

lara beat canelo by a significant margin.

canelo-cotto was wide for canelo.

just facts.

Quoted you from another thread? What are you talking about? All of the posts I quoted came from this thread. I probably quoted you in a different thread at some point recently, couldn't tell you though.

Here's the post I quoted originally (appeared in this thread):

It's smug and condescending to think that if someone scored a fight differently than you that they have biases. Maybe you were talking about someone specific, and not everyone in general?

Ummm existing biases exist in everyone. Holy fuck if you thought I didn't include myself in there. I even gave my opinion, which, being an OPINION would make it bias. So when I said this thread was digging up something that was beaten to death, I was incredibly correct. Read this whole thread, it is evidence proving my claim to be valid. You think I walk around pointing fingers at bias not recognizing my own? Seriously? That self-recognition is "smug" and "condescending"? Where can we see that someone is not running through the forum with pointy objects here (I'm not). Should we round corners and pad rooms now for the inept?

You can quote me from wherever, the fact remains that you chose accuse me of things that were utterly false. You chucked some lame picture of a dude with cornrows, which, given the lack of context, is either giving a brief, offputting grin, or battling constipation and trying to hide it. Like I said, use your words (the English language is a beautiful thing). Better yet, ask for clarification. The tone you were looking for was not in my original post.

You accuse me, cast aspersions against me, and resort to a picture?

Shoemaker, I like some of your posts, but this is not your night (or morning, depending on where you are).

canelo clearly won rounds 1-3....ggg got rounds 4 and 5. canelo came back in rd 6...then ggg won rds 7-9. and canelo swept rds 10-12. 7-5 canelo.

lara beat canelo by a significant margin.

canelo-cotto was wide for canelo.

just facts.

Well, they aren't just facts, they are interpretations. A car going 80km per hour (Canadian here) is going that actual speed. Whether or not it is indeed "fast" is subject to the observer. Some may think it is slow (depending on if it is a country road or a school zone).

Someone asked my interpretation. I wasn't yelling "facts" around what I said and then dropping a mic. I responded to a post that invited a direct response from me. I was expecting at least one complaint about that first round. Thanks for filling the quota.

I know - believe me - how much people will disagree. So be it.

Pretty casual fan, so feel free to disregard my opinion.

I thought Canelo won 5 of the first 9 rounds. A couple of the last three were close and I felt he won at least one of them, so a draw was fine. Canelo's defence was really good throughout the fight.

You guys must be infatuated with Canelo: He LOST

"The compubox numbers for #Canelo vs. #GGG. GGG outlanded Canelo 218-169 and landed more punches in 10 of 12 rounds."

Last edited:
You guys must be infatuated by Canelo:

"The compubox numbers for #Canelo vs. #GGG. GGG outlanded Canelo 218-169 and landed more punches in 10 of 12 rounds."
but his countering was so tight!! and he outlanded him by 4 power punches!! 8-4 canelo!!

Well if the compubox numbers say so, it must be true!

Golokvin landed more punches in 10 of 12 rounds, Canelo only 4 more power punches. The math doesn't add up to make this a draw, let alone Canelo win. Or do you think the compubox was partisan?

but his countering was so tight!! and he outlanded him by 4 power punches!! 8-4 canelo!!

That's all anyone ever quotes as a response to this debate from the "GGG won" side of the fence. Compubox numbers.

Can't form opinions of their own, and believe the numbers like the 100% accurate (they're not) and assume every punch counted is equal.

The criteria isn't compubox, or like the ammies. You actually have to LOOK at the punches that landed, effectiveness, defense, ring generalship, etc... Canelo landed the hardest, most effective work while navigating around GGG'S normally effective jab and pressure game. Canelo looked relaxed and fought his normal fight, countering and exploiting GGG all night while GGG looked off his game and missed a lot. Looked like he was getting hurt too. It was a great fight, but GGG looked like the one trying to save himself from a loss with a higher output (and much higher number of missed punches Canelo made him pay for), Canelo looked the 12 round fighter pacing himself and not rushing a damn thing, the only thing that wasn't Canelo fighting "Canelo's fight" was he didn't KO GGG. That man can take a punch.

I can't believe people are on here unable to "fathom" a Canelo win. Like it's totally inconceivable lol. Ok, GOD.

Golokvin landed more punches in 10 of 12 rounds, Canelo only 4 more power punches. The math doesn't add up to make this a draw, let alone Canelo win. Or do you think the compubox was partisan?
"But, the MATH doesn't add up!

THE MATH!"

-Spacetime

That's all anyone ever quotes as a response to this debate from the "GGG won" side of the fence. Compubox numbers.

Can't form opinions of their own, and believe the numbers like the 100% accurate (they're not) and assume every punch counted is equal.

The criteria isn't compubox, or like the ammies. You actually have to LOOK at the punches that landed, effectiveness, defense, ring generalship, etc... Canelo landed the hardest, most effective work while navigating around GGG'S normally effective jab and pressure game. Canelo looked relaxed and fought his normal fight, countering and exploiting GGG all night while GGG looked off his game and missed a lot. Looked like he was getting hurt too. It was a great fight, but GGG looked like the one trying to save himself from a loss with a higher output (and much higher number of missed punches Canelo made him pay for), Canelo looked the 12 round fighter pacing himself and not rushing a damn thing, the only thing that wasn't Canelo fighting "Canelo's fight" was he didn't KO GGG. That man can take a punch.

I can't believe people are on here unable to "fathom" a Canelo win. Like it's totally inconceivable lol. Ok, GOD.
1- judges don't have the benefit of compubox...only the viewers on tv do.
2- compubox is a couple of guys pressing a button everytime they think a scoring punch landed...it's not like basketball where they score ACTUAL points...it's a guy estimating a punch scored.

compubox is a marketing ploy for the fans...not a tool for actually scoring fights.

Ha! Just tag my name in this, instead of quoting me in an indirect way. Do you really feel like you accomplished something enlightening here? By doing this?

I never said I didn't respect someone's opinion, just that I couldn't fathom it. You do realize that I can respect an opinion, even if it is beyond what I can agree with? That can happen. Really. But maybe that's something you cannot "fathom," I don't know. I won't judge. Aim the looking glass at yourself.

I, at least, retained an open mind - but you could only be able to determine that if you took my whole post in its entirety, not one word.

Ironically, it's you who look ignorant here, not me.

This thread when you really look at it...
Has some of the we've had in awhile(reply wise).....on this anonymous forum.

Last edited:
Back