Rewatching Cape Fear....

treelo

//Do something here
@red
Reaction score
Anyone watched this lately(the remake, not the original)

The way they made the daughter act is very creepy to say the least

She seems like the type that would buy a bridge off of me.

My dad hates Juliet Lewis to this day because of that role. Like, I don't think he even remembers the film let alone watching it, but god help you if you bring up Juliet Lewis in random conversation.

You know, like one does.

never seen it. worth watching if you love thriller movies?

Original is better in my opinion and I say that even as a major Scorsese fan.

Deniro was excellent don’t get me wrong, but, for me, Mitchum was max cady. I didn’t need to see an amped up, ultra violent version of what was already one of the more menacing bad guy characters of cinema.

Now they did some interesting stuff- making nolte riddled with personal problems in contrast to pecks complete straight and narrow but I overall just love the suspense, tension, score, performances of the first one even more than the good remake.

I’m not trying to demean the remake at all. I just find the classic that much better.

Yeah they definitely wanted to push the envelope with the Juliet Lewis stuff. Remember that what was implied in 1962 could be outright depicted in 91. That said, pecks daughter was younger than Lewis and obviously had nothing but revulsion toward cady. Lewis, meanwhile...

Still the original has some risqué stuff for the time. If you don’t find the one scene where he confronts Polly Bergen and tries to proposition her so as to ensure the daughters safety or when he actually corners the daughter disturbing, them I don’t know what to tell you.

One awesome touch that Scorsese and co did in the remake was bring Mitchum, Peck, and Balsam back. And, in a little wink to the audience, make Peck and Balsam douchers while making Mitchum a face.

top movie for me personally. I watch it a bunch of times through the year, along with Tropic Thunder, Hot Fuzz, Big Lebowski and The Predator.

never seen it. worth watching if you love thriller movies?
It's a little hokey, but if you can get past that it's one of DeNiro's funner times onscreen. And Apoplectic Nick Nolte is one of the best things committed to cinema.

Try not to let the wonky dialogue recording get to you. Sometimes certain lines feel like you're watching a super dubbed film from a furrin country.

It's a little hokey, but if you can get past that it's one of DeNiro's funner times onscreen. And Apoplectic Nick Nolte is one of the best things committed to cinema.

Try not to let the wonky dialogue recording get to you. Sometimes certain lines feel like you're watching a super dubbed film from a furrin country.

its a decent film remade from another decent film....

and yeah, parts of it are a bit cheesy, but were on sherdog, not the actors guild forums

Classic from my childhood, way better than the original Cape Fear movie. I'll admit that Mitchum is a better Max Cady than Deniro was, but I felt like they made the story so much better in the remake. You offerin' me something hot?

Movie that seemed really disturbing when I was younger.

Movie that is laughably over the top to me now.

Deniro is still aces in it though.

I watched The Simpsons episode with Sideshow Bob before I saw this movie

Made it more enjoyable because of The Simpsons accurate parody

Nick Nolte is still the sexiest man alive.

I watched The Simpsons episode with Sideshow Bob before I saw this movie

Made it more enjoyable because of The Simpsons accurate parody

One of my favorite parts is when sideshow bob is laughing obnoxiously and smoking a cigar at the movie theater (a la deniro) and then Homer in the middle of telling him off sees something on the screen and starts laughing even more obnoxiously and loudly than Bob.

“Oh really that’s too much!”

Back