Reyes Traditional Noseguard vs Winning FG5000?

RichardN7

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Title says it all guys.
Need a noseguard headgear since I just got my nose fixed up.
Am torn between the Reyes for 160 bucks and the Winning for about 500 ( :O )
I’d like to hear from guys who have one or both.
How is it? Does it protect the nose well? Is it heavy? Does it intrude more than other headgear?
Is the Winning worth splashing an extra 300 bucks...?

Ring to Cage Geltech Facesaver 2.0 Deluxe.

What’s so good about it?

It's cheaper than the Winning Headguard, it has great visibility, it have very little slippage while you wear it. There are two reviews for it on here alone that I know of that only say good things about it (though one is mine) its the only headgear I've used for more than a few sparring sessions and a lot of my professional boxer mates have started wearing them. Cleto one is by far one of the worse ones around. Winning is obviously the gold standard. But I must say Cleto would be my last choice in this regard and I love their gloves.

Title says it all guys.
Need a noseguard headgear since I just got my nose fixed up.
Am torn between the Reyes for 160 bucks and the Winning for about 500 ( :O )
I’d like to hear from guys who have one or both.
How is it? Does it protect the nose well? Is it heavy? Does it intrude more than other headgear?
Is the Winning worth splashing an extra 300 bucks...?
Just get the Winning. You can always re-sell it for a decent amount if you decide you don't want it.

Just get the Winning. You can always re-sell it for a decent amount if you decide you don't want it.
Also, where are you located? You shouldn't be paying $500USD for the FG5000. You should be paying around $330ish shipped...

Eastern Europe... 330 would be doable... 500 has me reeling though.
Ah, okay. Did you check the cost purchasing through Koubudo on Rakuten? That would be the best option for a new FG5000 methinks.

It's cheaper than the Winning Headguard, it has great visibility, it have very little slippage while you wear it. There are two reviews for it on here alone that I know of that only say good things about it (though one is mine) its the only headgear I've used for more than a few sparring sessions and a lot of my professional boxer mates have started wearing them. Cleto one is by far one of the worse ones around. Winning is obviously the gold standard. But I must say Cleto would be my last choice in this regard and I love their gloves.
Have you tried the Cleto? Why’s it bad?
Also, I’m not talking about the redesigned one with the nosebar sticking out 5 inches in front.
I’m looking at the older model which is reputed to be pretty good afaik...?

100% this. The reyes facesaver isbone of the worst facesavers out there.

Id also recommend the uma facesaver if Winning is too much

Also, I’m not talking about the redesigned one with the nosebar sticking out 5 inches in front.

Its better than the redesigned for sure. But it isnt great. Its stiff, takes forever to break in. Gets jarred on the head easily. People have had sizing issues with it.

Its better than the redesigned for sure. But it isnt great. Its stiff, takes forever to break in. Gets jarred on the head easily. People have had sizing issues with it.
Good to know. I thought the sizing might be a problem and it does look a little stiff
The Winning FG5000 is still the top choice if I can get the cash together.
If not, I’m torn between the Ring to Cage 2.0 Facesaver another user suggested and the Rival Guerrero.
Any input guys...?

I've been boxing since I was 12, there aren't many things I haven't tried, its hard to get a good fit with it, its visibility isn't great (redesigned or original) it takes forever to break in. Simply put it isn't a fun headguard to wear. Ring2Cage doesn't really need any breaking in, but it is heavier than the Winning one that's for sure.

Yeah dont quote me on this but i believe the winning is 14 or 15 oz

I believe the ring to cage is 25-26 oz

Good to know. I thought the sizing might be a problem and it does look a little stiff
The Winning FG5000 is still the top choice if I can get the cash together.
If not, I’m torn between the Ring to Cage 2.0 Facesaver another user suggested and the Rival Guerrero.
Any input guys...?

I love rival gloves. I personally hate their headgear. None of it ever seemed to fit correctly.

I think fit and padding wise the uma facesaver is closest to the fg5k.

Ring to cage is the cheapest, most protective dollar for dollar.
But its downside is size and weight. It is the heaviest face saver bar none.

Its still less than 2 lbs so its not like a lead weight or anything. But its noticeable.

Back