reyes training gloves

Thanks for your reply.

Already have a pair of 16 oz for bag and another pair of 16 oz I use for sparring only.

I would like to try a new pair of gloves (for bag and pads). Since I have already 2 pair in 16 oz weight. I was thinking to change weight maybe 12 oz or 14oz.

Can be good for training changing gloves weight?

The 12oz cletos pocket is small and tight , make sure you try a pair before buying could be to small if you a tall / big guy . I have a pair and it’s tight . The 14oz is a big difference in size

I have these in 16 oz. and they feel like they are about 18oz. Conservatively. It’s pretty common for these to run heavier than labeled. Might want to keep this in mind. Oh these were super tight on my medium sized hands. I couldn’t get my hands in with wraps on. After several sessions on the heavybag without hand wraps it opened up enough that I can now fit a wrapped hand in it. My sons Reyes were just the opposite with a roomy hand pocket which felt a little too big imo. Seems like a toss up on what you get lol.
~ Mike
My "16oz" Reyes are actually 17.5oz... A lot of people report this phenomenon.

Hey bro I just wanted to comment to say purple isn't "gay", wear whatever color you find appealing, don't worry about what that guy said about purple gloves, the great thing about gloves is that we get to choose which ones we like and that's what makes each of us unique individuals. As for Cleto Reyes themselves, I absolutely love them and couldn't say anything negative about them as a brand. I have a pair of red Cleto Reyes hook and loop gloves and they're dope!

Hey bro I just wanted to comment to say purple isn't "gay", wear whatever color you find appealing, don't worry about what that guy said about purple gloves, the great thing about gloves is that we get to choose which ones we like and that's what makes each of us unique individuals. As for Cleto Reyes themselves, I absolutely love them and couldn't say anything negative about them as a brand. I have a pair of red Cleto Reyes hook and loop gloves and they're dope!

I can guarantee no one says my purple gloves are gay after I hook them to the jaw lmao

One of my fave gloves are purple; 14 oz. Casanovas. They lay down the thunder as well as any other color lol

Does anyone know if the Ringside version of the Reyes Safetec gloves are any different than “Mexican market” Safetecs? I’m just asking because I found a good deal on a pair of Ringside Safetecs but I remember people on here used to talk about how the Ringside Reyes gloves were different than the ones you could get in Mexico. Does anyone know if that is still the case? Also, did it pertain to Reyes training gloves or pro fight gloves, or both?

Does anyone know if the Ringside version of the Reyes Safetec gloves are any different than “Mexican market” Safetecs? I’m just asking because I found a good deal on a pair of Ringside Safetecs but I remember people on here used to talk about how the Ringside Reyes gloves were different than the ones you could get in Mexico. Does anyone know if that is still the case? Also, did it pertain to Reyes training gloves or pro fight gloves, or both?
It is hotly debated, with arguments for and against. I would buy them anyways.

It is hotly debated, with arguments for and against. I would buy them anyways.
Thanks. Everyone agrees that the Ringside ones are actually made by Cleto Reyes in Mexico though right? Wasn’t it mainly just the cut of the glove that people said was possibly different?

Thanks. Everyone agrees that the Ringside ones are actually made by Cleto Reyes in Mexico though right? Wasn’t it mainly just the cut of the glove that people said was possibly different?
That’s my understanding of it. It’s not uncommon for companies to make products especially for sale with a specific vendor tbh. The products will be the same, but exclusive to them. To brand purists they will say that they are different and to stay away, but they can’t be that much different or else they would have to be marketed as being different. I am not a brand purist in that sense, so I would buy from ringside. They are a trusted source and wouldn’t jeopardize their reputation by selling knock off gear, especially by a massive brand with global recognition such as Cleto Reyes.

I would buy them, if you don’t like them, you could always sell them on eBay as they hold their value.

That’s my understanding of it. It’s not uncommon for companies to make products especially for sale with a specific vendor tbh. The products will be the same, but exclusive to them. To brand purists they will say that they are different and to stay away, but they can’t be that much different or else they would have to be marketed as being different. I am not a brand purist in that sense, so I would buy from ringside. They are a trusted source and wouldn’t jeopardize their reputation by selling knock off gear, especially by a massive brand with global recognition such as Cleto Reyes.

I would buy them, if you don’t like them, you could always sell them on eBay as they hold their value.
Thanks! I ordered them. I’ve owned Safetecs that were purchased directly from Reyes before so I’ll let you guys know if I see any differences.

I own both of those sets. My kid has the lace ups and I have the regular velcro. Both are awesome and I have nothing bad to say about either.

As for taking time to lace up gloves, it takes 10 seconds for someone in the gym to help you out with that!

For padding concerns the only 'thing' with reyes is breaking them in takes about 2 weeks...your hands might swell/hurt a little but nothing major...simply dont keep the glove strapped tight initially. After they're broken in theyre sweeeeet gloves.

PS Purple color is a bit gay (unless you are gay, or a woman) lol

Purple gloves are awesome. I would love some purple winnings or reyes.

I can't start a new thread so writhing here: I have just received Cleto Reyes Hoop&Loop training gloves. I ordered them through Amazon from Ringside (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007XPB4E6/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) and what I see worries me big time, to say the least. First of all, the piping/trimming of the cuff as well as the thumb attachment are not made of real leather (the attachment can theoretically be made of genuine leather, covered with some kind of lining on the bottom, but I seriously doubt it).
Secondly, they don't smell like leather, but stink more like a piece of burnt plastic. Some happy owners of Cletos posted that they enjoy the smell of their all-leather gloves, but the smell of mine is not pleasant at all. Even now, while writing this post, I can smell the reek. However when I look at the palm and the inner thumb areas I can see the trims of the holes in there and it looks like they are made of leather. I can also see leather at the trim between the thumb and the palm. But then why do gloves smell like that? That might be the result of the leather ironing or it's their lining that smells like that, but would like to hear your opinion. The weight of the glove is a bit off (a bit lighter than 15oz, whereas it should be 14oz), but it is consistent between the two gloves. Padding is thin and tight, as expected. I can hardly feel my knuckles through it, though it's on the verge of feeling them.
From the user's stand point, I can't see any problem - the fit is snug, but not too tight. I can't make a great fist, but that's obviously because I haven't even used them yet. So will try them on tonight and see if I spot anything from the practical perspective, though I may not, because based on what I read, it takes at least a week to break them in. Am I wrong?
So while I'm testing the gloves, would be great to hear back from you. Do you think the gloves I bought are fake or they could be real? If you need more info, please revert back and I'll provide as much as I can, so that you could make your judgment. See the pictures below.outer side.jpg palm view.jpg thumb-side view.jpg bottom-side view.jpg sticker.jpg view in the box.jpg

Attachments

• sticker.jpg
    sticker.jpg
    644.7 KB · Views: 2
Those are legit. Smell will go away—not a big deal.

That's real leather, mi amigo.

Yup real deal. Reyes leather has a very unique smell to them. I can walk in a room and zero in on a set of Reyes gloves as fast as a Drug Beagle to a load of contraband lol. The smell is way better than my Fairtex BGV9 which smelled like paint. Oh and it’s gonna take more than a week to break in those mitts; the cost of good leather and foam. Enjoy buddy

I feel for you guys, my nose is so ruined from years of fighting I can't smell any of my gloves lmao

Thanks much for the comments and for the relief :) I gave a crack at boxing in them yesterday and I'm full of positive emotions: even though they are not yet broken in, hence the fist is a bit off, but the wrist control and padding quality were excellent. Even though I'm a bit disappointed that the piping and the thumb attachment are not made of leather, it's a small thing. So will see how the things change after I break them in.

Thanx a ton again

The piping sure looks like leather to me. Looks like my set. Plastic piping is very evident as my Casanova’s are. Night and day compared to Reyes. I think you’re mistaken.

Cleto reyes fight gloves 10 oz was 92$ i had 66 $ promo balance so i bought about 55$ including shipping. is it good deal? can i use in training

You can use them for bagwork and mittwork but they probably won't last as long as proper training gloves. The padding will break down.

Back