Ric Flair Is NOT In Good Shape

TheStruggle

Yellow Card
Banned
Reaction score
UPDATE: PWinsider states that there is a lot of concern in the wrestling industry over Ric Flair’s condition, and that different stories about Flair’s health are being passed around, but nothing that has been confirmed. Flair suffers from Alcoholic cardiomyopathy, a condition caused by excessive, prolonged alcohol abuse that can lead to heart failure. When one suffers from the condition, the toxic effects of alcohol on the heart’s muscle can lead to a situation where the organ is unable to pump blood efficiently.

ORIGINAL: It was reported on Saturday that Ric Flair was hospitalized due to “heart-related issues.” Flair’s rep commented on the story and says Flair’s hospitalization is due to “routine monitoring.” Flair was taken to the ICU after his family admitted him. Now Flair’s manager, Melinda Morris Zanoni of Legacy Talent and Entertainment, posted the following on social media. Rory Karpf, director for ESPN’s upcoming 30 for 30 documentary on Flair, also asked for prayers…

Just saw the same and did a quick search before threading. Nice, mate. All the best to Ric and his.

This is sad news.

UPDATEx2: Jimmy Van, the founder and owner of Fightful.com, posted the following scary update on Ric Flair, stating that Flair has been put in a medically induced coma. Fightful.com has been a very reliable news source in the past…

I'm praying for "The Nature Boy". I hope he'll pull through stronger than ever.

Kick out Ric! I'm sending my thoughts his way

It's not just the booze, the cocaine abuse into his 60s didn't help either.

I hope he can make it, and make a change as a result of this.

Come on Nature Boy, you're supposed to outlive all of us. Get better Naitch!!

What a life..

losing a child takes 10 years off your life. I have kids, it's at least 10. I hope he makes it through and climbs the ropes for one more fall spot.

Cmon Naitch.......We need to see a few more Flair Flops before you go.

Hoping for the best, but the clear takeaway from this difficult situation is that Flair was definitely banging his manager.

Apparently Ric wasn't big on the drugs. At least according to his book. Loved his booze, but he watched too many lives get fucked up over drugs, to get into them.

It seems like Ric Flair was blessed genetically. He was always known for amazing cardio; even to this day, he says his resting heart rate is in the lower 40s. He could party all night long on the road for long periods of time and still put on a show without much sleep. He survived a plane crash in the 70s and was supposed to never wrestle again due to a broken back. Yet, despite being a bumping machine, the guy claims to have no chronic pain due to his long career. It's really quite phenomenal. Imagine how long this guy could live if he took care of himself and didn't like the booze? He'd also probably have a lot more money if he just got with women on the road and didn't get married so much.

Be sending the Wooooooo love his way.

I hope he can make it, and make a change as a result of this.

He was also roiding and might still be.

I guessed a GI bleed would do him in.

It seems like Ric Flair was blessed genetically. He was always known for amazing cardio; even to this day, he says his resting heart rate is in the lower 40s. He could party all night long on the road for long periods of time and still put on a show without much sleep. He survived a plane crash in the 70s and was supposed to never wrestle again due to a broken back. Yet, despite being a bumping machine, the guy claims to have no chronic pain due to his long career. It's really quite phenomenal. Imagine how long this guy could live if he took care of himself and didn't like the booze? He'd also probably have a lot more money if he just got with women on the road and didn't get married so much.

All old school wrestlers were raging drunks.

Back