Ricco Rodriguez wins his farewell fight.

Bocgam

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
I haven't been able to find fight footage, but here's the post-fight interview:

In his prime he was a hell of a fighter
Good luck in whatever he does next

I remember losing everything on Bodog back in 2011 thanks to Ricco getting Kimbo Slice'd by Seth Petruzelli. I thought it would be an easy bet putting in everything but Ricco failed me.

• never been submitted his whole MMA career that's pretty good for all the fights he's had.

he beat nog in PRIDE.

dude was robbed

Fuck me he looks old, hell of a fighter in his prime though. Many ups and downs, turned into a journeyman after his first 20-30 fights. Sadly probably didn't reach his full potential but good career overall.

haven't heard that name in forever.

Good for him to go out on a win.

Fuck me he looks old, hell of a fighter in his prime though. Many ups and downs, turned into a journeyman after his first 20-30 fights. Sadly probably didn't reach his full potential but good career overall.

he became a journeyman after that Timmy/BigNog/Rizzo trio of fights he lost in a row. got released by the UFC after the Rizzo fight and that was it for him. Think he lost his drive after that for a while.

he became a journeyman after that Timmy/BigNog/Rizzo trio of fights he lost in a row. got released by the UFC after the Rizzo fight and that was it for him. Think he lost his drive after that for a while.

Yeah he got pretty fat too.

There was a point in his career like 8 years ago where he re dedicated himself and got in great shape and teased us with 205 for awhile. Had 205 scehduled fights but never made it below 220 i believe. Then he took like a year or more off, came back and lost to seth petruzelli and that was it

Good for him...very skilled guy.

Kneebar'd Nog at ADCC and then got screwed in Japan...

Who remembers what Bas told the camera crew about Ricco, while they were shooting the Smashing Machine?

Good for him...very skilled guy.

Kneebar'd Nog at ADCC and then got screwed in Japan...

Who remembers what Bas told the camera crew about Ricco, while they were shooting the Smashing Machine?
I dont recall, but there's a vid with Bas beating him up.

He was a nightmare for many opponents, and also for those who took him under their wing.

He started off mma training under Rigan machado who was considered next Rickson at that time. After he trained ricco for a while, he got submitted at ADCC and didnt take long till he lost relevancy.

He left declining machados to help rutten and Kerr prepare for big shows and we all know what happened to them next. Rutten got exposed in ufc and had to retire. The undefeated Kerr changed into a heavy bag and Ruas gave a premature finale to his flamboyant career.

Then Ricco moved to Japan to join takada dojo to train with Japanese top team. As a result, the undefeated superhero sakuraba seemed to forget how to wrestle and lost to a roided striker.

Ricco's new home, team punishment welcomed him only to find in a few months that ufc champion Tito ortiz lost momentum and started losing like a chump.

Back