Richard Dawkins Accused of Islamophobia

I can see a scenario where the US and Russia will have to liberate Europe once again.

Count China in. They are extremely against Islam coming into their country and have reeducation centers set up.

I do believe in religious freedom but when do you draw the line when it starts affecting the general population, laws, etc. China sees a problem and they are being proactive.

It is just me or Dawkins has become more mellow towards Christianity since he started being portrayed as Islamophobic by some?

It's because they've modernized and reformed themselves for the most part. I mean the Pope accepts evolution and doesn't disparage gays for instance.

You rarely see Christians get offended at anything anymore. You certainly don't have to worry about them killing people for leaving the religion or trying to cover up their women or imprison you if your beliefs differ.

You very rarely get a crazy pro lifer that attacks an abortion clinic but that's it.

Christianity is no longer a threat outside of certain political issues. Sadly, Islam can likely never be reformed since its meant to be the literal word of God.

I feel that most don't see there is a scale on which you can be against a certain group.
On a scale from :
minor annoyance like the squirls and rabbits that eat your plants sometimes,
to the hating a group so much to eradicate that group from the face of the planet.

Something is called racism way too easy.
I think that everyone should have the to right to express mild preference of what they like.
I don't like to hear a man whining a song about his make believe magician on a speaker.
Bells, sound not so bad.

Dawkins is touching on something about society, but is only human and has his flaws.
I support what he says about bad acts performed under the guise of religion.

thats the big secret she told you? lol

thats well known to anyone with any sense.London does have CCTV almost everywhere. They also dont just monitor far right groups though, they monitor all sorts of extreme groups that may spread hate. You want to know why they do that, because of stuff like this
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2018/jul/18/neo-nazi-group-national-action-members-jailed

stop acting like the far right are not a problem

We are monitored at all times by our government outside the home and on social media in order to keep us safe as long as we don't go to the no go zones.
You know the State has won when people actually think that is a good thing. To think people died in the Somme for this.

We are monitored at all times by our government outside the home and on social media in order to keep us safe as long as we don't go to the no go zones.
You know the State has won when people actually think that is a good thing. To think people died in the Somme for this.
it means that people that commit crimes are caught and prosecuted. That is a good thing in such a big city.

you guys think having guns makes you free, but for others its feeling safe in the communities you live. I also noticed you failed to comment on the far right guys being arrested

it means that people that commit crimes are caught and prosecuted. That is a good thing in such a big city.

you guys think having guns makes you free, but for others its feeling safe in the communities you live. I also noticed you failed to comment on the far right guys being arrested

I am assuming you are a fan of Hobbes. I don't have a problem with busting some criminal that happens to be right wing but that should not be held up as justification for the State constantly monitoring you. That is just not worth it. Besides the privacy issue the government that is large enough to give you anything is large enough to take away everything.
1*ahmosQNmLl4BYnvA1zmdzw.jpeg

I'm a fan of Hells Bells, For Whom The Bell Tolls and the beginning of Sabbath's Black Sabbath. Not a big fan of prayers over a loud speaker.

I am assuming you are a fan of Hobbes. I don't have a problem with busting some criminal that happens to be right wing but that should not be held up as justification for the State constantly monitoring you. That is just not worth it. Besides the privacy issue the government that is large enough to give you anything is large enough to take away everything.
1*ahmosQNmLl4BYnvA1zmdzw.jpeg
ever heard of the patriot act? Your nation is constantly monitoring everything you do. Stop being a fucking dork lol

Very happy to see being called 'Islamophobic' isn't a big deal anymore, just like being called 'racist.'

Very happy to see being called 'Islamophobic' isn't a big deal anymore, just like being called 'racist.'
its only not a big deal to those that get called those words regularly.... but that says more about them than anyone else!

ever heard of the patriot act? Your nation is constantly monitoring everything you do. Stop being a fucking dork lol

That is much different level of scale. I don't agree with the patriot act but the level of intrusion is not even close to being comparable

That is much different level of scale. I don't agree with the patriot act but the level of intrusion is not even close to being comparable
its far worse, wtf are you talking about?

Count China in. They are extremely against Islam coming into their country and have reeducation centers set up.

I do believe in religious freedom but when do you draw the line when it starts affecting the general population, laws, etc. China sees a problem and they are being proactive.

The Uyghurs have been Muslims since the tenth century. It was Mao who brought Islam into the county by forcibly incorporating them into the PRC.

Back