Rigo did not break his hand.

He's done making any meaningful paydays unless someone like Frampton or LSC think he's declined so much that they'd be willing to fight him just for the name on their resume (and at that point fighting him probably wouldn't be worth it because it would be viewed very negatively in the boxing community). Hell, I think a big motivator for him even deciding to give up so much to fight Lomachenko (and then quit in such embarrassing fashion) was because him and his team realized that was pretty much their last chance to make any kind of money in the sport.

I agree.

I didn't want to believe RR several months ago when he said Rigo was super overweight and lost all interest in the sport and just wanted to cash out any way he could. Th result of the fight backs it all up though. Rigo did not give a shit in that ring on Saturday. Not about winning or about fighting clean or about his fans or his future in the sport. It looked like a 100% cash out.

Not judging though. I'm sure he had his reasons and boxing itself is an asshole of a sport that leaves every fighter fucked to one degree or another.

it was clearly not broken, he just decided to give up as he clearly had no chance of winning and actually cares for his health

better fighters than him have given up in similair circumstances, deal with it or go watch thick motherfuckers get brain damage being brave in the UFC
Huh? One of the fundamentals of a great fighter fella.

Why the fuck would the WBA strip him? It’s bullshit.

Not fighting in that weight class and the embarrassing loss combined with the NC, I guess?

I'm still shocked that he got schooled that badly in that bout. Wasn't really a beat down, but he was outclassed from the opening bell.

Father Time remains undefeated, and Loma is a great boxer.

rigondeaux gave up.

i think he is at a point in his career that he will try his best in the beginning, but if at some point during the fight
when he knew he was being shutout every round, he quit to save embarrassment
blame it on the hand to save & face collect the paycheck

having such an extensive career. i'm sure rigondeux became aware of what he could or could not do vs lomachenko.

imo at this point in his career, he's probably not concerned with belts or future bouts. he even said he doesn't really like boxing, it's the only way of life he knows.

joel diaz says rigo should retire after quitting like that
injured hand or not, he should have fought with one hand until the end
real warriors don't quit
e.g. miguel cotto, tim bradley, etc.. the list goes on

Anyone think its weird that Lomas last 4 fights have all been RTD? Like your a pro boxer at the highest of levels. Why the hell are you quitting? Loma is not GGG and Rigo wasn't getting hit that much. I've seen fighters take way more punishment and not quit. Rigo has never shown me before that he's a fighter with no heart. Quite the opposite. Fighting loma is frustrating but to quit because of frustration doesn't sit right with me. Be like Canelo quitting against Floyd.

This is of course if Rigos hand wasn't troubling him as much as he made out.

Yeah it's really odd for that to happen, fight after fight. My brother and I were talking about it even before this last fight. I think it's a mixture of the embarrassment and the fact that he puts beatings on guys and it accumulates over time.

For instance I think Rigo and Walters quit out of frustration rather than taking a bad beating, but Sosa really seemed like he was trying his best and his corner called it for him b/c his health was at risk and he was getting dominated. I feel like that happened with Marriaga as well but I don't recall that fight as well for some reason. Probably drunkenness that fight started really late iirc

So all in all I think it's a summation of knowing you're not gonna win, guys can barely land let alone land clean, next thing they know half the fight's over and they're beat up and losing they know it, so they just call it quits or their corners do it to keep them from really getting hurt from the accumulation, like with Sosa and Marriaga.

Also Loma does have that type of, I don't want to call it style b/c he's a much better pure boxer than SRL was imo, but he has that demeanor that SRL had in his rematch with Duran.

Smiling and smacking Rigo after or during the bell, esp after losing rds and Rigo being as good as he is, must be so disconcerting. I can't imagine. I agree, tho, Floyd did similar shit to guys but they didn't usually quit on him. Maybe his demeanor was more professional and less in your face than Loma's? I don't know but it is a weird phenomenon to have 4 quality fighters retire on the stool, AND before that he straight ko'd, not tko'd, ko'd 3 in a row before that. So Loma's hasn't had a tko or Dec win in 7 fights. That's fucking nuts.

As a fan of his that bums me out. Really shitty ending to an increidble talent.

Seriously...this is a bigger waste of talent than jon jones..

Rigo is done...

The only thing he had going for him was.his undefeated record and a slight aura of invincibility, and making skilled fighters look like amateurs.

He's too dangerous for young prospects and their managers will avoid him like the plague...

And no one wants to promote him..

Complete fucking waste

Like I said the WBA is going to strip him of his 122 pound belt and give it to the guy who pretended that Rigo knocked him out after the bell in the first round of his previous fight.

Since Rigo demands more money than most guys get at his weight no one of note will fight him when he doesn't have a belt so he is pretty screwed at the moment. If he couldn't get fights as the champ imagine how unwilling named fighters will be to get in the ring with someone who could easily beat them and who casuals see as a quitter at this point. Losing to him would be awful for anyone's career and beating him wouldn't mean much either considering how he looked against Loma. With no belt he is more duckable than ever before.
I could see him ringing in some young gun, but he'd have to look shot to fuck. He might be able to do a tour abroad (IE: Japan or Ireland), where he'll get a more appreciative crowd. Probably won't be against the best competition (would likely be cans or washed up legends), but it could be fun.

American TV will wash its hands of him though, no doubt. Doesn't help that he's in a weight class nobody gives a shit about to begin with.

I'd still watch Jackal vs Jackal. I've been wanting to see that fight for a longtime now. Have it in Belfast, atmosphere and fight would be pretty cool, imo. I think they match up well. AND THEY HAVE THE SAME NICKNAME, I'm sold! Shane vs SRL next.

Rigo might as well hang them up. he wont get any fights. fans arent interested in him, so tv doesnt want him. with his quitting and demands, promoters wont want him. and managers wont want him because he will be considered too dangerous. what a strange career that should have been so much better
That all applies to 122 lbs, but what if he fought a big guy like Jason Sosa at 130? I think it would get people excited.

I feel bad for Rigo, his entire career just turned to shit in 1 fight

I feel bad for Rigo, his entire career just turned to shit in 1 fight
Not really. He’s a great boxer. Losing to lomachenko outside of your weight class isn’t a bad thing.

Not really. He’s a great boxer. Losing to lomachenko outside of your weight class isn’t a bad thing.
I agree with you, but are you reading what everybody is saying?? People give him so much shit for quitting it's unbelievable, hope he comes back from this and wins another belt at he's legit weight class

I agree with you, but are you reading what everybody is saying?? People give him so much shit for quitting it's unbelievable, hope he comes back from this and wins another belt at he's legit weight class
I’ve read it and people are being idiotic about his skills. He is a brilliant boxer that happened to lose. They need to deal with it. Rigs fucked donaire up and losing to loma is no crime. Win some lose some. Why people are triggered by that is beyond me.

I’ve read it and people are being idiotic about his skills. He is a brilliant boxer that happened to lose. They need to deal with it. Rigs fucked donaire up and losing to loma is no crime. Win some lose some. Why people are triggered by that is beyond me.
People are just ignorant and stupid.!

you seriously don't understand why people are triggered over him quitting? come on

Back