Rigo did not break his hand.

you seriously don't understand why people are triggered over him quitting? come on
Have you ever broken a bone in your hand. Have you ever broken a bone in your hand when punching someone in the face is the objective. Didn’t think so. It hurts like fuck.

Have you ever broken a bone in your hand. Have you ever broken a bone in your hand when punching someone in the face is the objective. Didn’t think so. It hurts like fuck.
it was confirmed not broken, just bruised

That's a pretty disappointing thing to hear.

Worse than when we all saw him quit live.

I'm a fan of Rigo, he showed me the beauty of defense in Boxing, seeing him go out like this is infuriating.

I have, and it does, but great boxers are always held to a higher standard. It's more or less expected that a fighter at the top level goes on if they have a broken hand. Perhaps it's not fair to them, but the sport demands a lot of unreasonable things.

Watch the corner take his gloves off. If he had a broken hand, he would be grimacing a ton when the glove was taken off. Happened to me 4 times. It is excruciating. He gave a tiny little ooh. You can clearly here, through his interpreter, the doctor ask if he's in a lot of pain, and the interpreter replies "No, not so much."

Pathetic. Watch Arturo Gatti in the third Ward fight, he broke his hand with an uppercut to the hip. Kept going. There are countless other examples.

ive heard reports that rigo first claimed that it was his right hand, then in all likelihood he wisely said that it was his left hand as his right hand probably was not one of the 15 punches that he landed on loma
if you go back and watch the fight, you can see him motioning with his right glove to his corner that it's injured.

Watch the corner take his gloves off. If he had a broken hand, he would be grimacing a ton when the glove was taken off. Happened to me 4 times. It is excruciating. He gave a tiny little ooh. You can clearly here, through his interpreter, the doctor ask if he's in a lot of pain, and the interpreter replies "No, not so much."

Pathetic. Watch Arturo Gatti in the third Ward fight, he broke his hand with an uppercut to the hip. Kept going. There are countless other examples.

He had a pretty bad contusion on his left hand. It's not any kind of justification to quit, but there was an injury.

He had a pretty bad contusion on his left hand. It's not any kind of justification to quit, but there was an injury.

either way he got shut out every round
i don't think many ppl believe rigo would have won if he had 2 good hands anyways
it's just the incredible buildup of the fight, the perfect record, but the lack of fighting spirit
that leaves a question mark on his legacy

The fact of the matter is Rigo quit. In my opinion, he quits not because of physical injuries, or being affraid, but because he got demoralized (after being unable to adjust and perform against adversity as he previously did throuhout his amateur + professional career), and ultimately psychologically defeated.
Although envarassing and disapointomg I do not equate this type of quitting to cowardice. For example, Rigo's is similar to Duran's "no mas", which is in no way equivalent to Duran's lack of heart, but more to the superior tactical plan employed by Leonard in that fight.
Unfortunately, after this, Rigo's future seems sealed...

Last edited:
Back