Rigondeaux vs Donaire 4/13 **All updates and discussion here

Not really.

The exciting, popular fighter lost. Other guy is terrible of course.

I don't think you will find any one here...even the most ardent of Pacquiao or Donaire fans who would consider Bradley or Rigo "terrible."

bradley got criticism because the vast majority of the boxing world thought he got a gift decision...

Rigo is getting criticism from a handful of dumbfucs who want non stop slugfests and just bleed type of fights.

Fuck sake, some idiot "journalist" on twitter saying Rigo is proof that boxing is deteriorating. How the fuck does someone watch Rigo and come to that conclusion? Bunch of snobby know it all morons trying to look smart. Sick of these bastards - Iole, Dan, all the twitter jockies who felt a need to bash Rigo. If he was American he would be praised as the second coming of Whittaker.

They expose themselves as retards, is all it is. Too many Just Bleed douchebags ruining every combat sport. If I want to see bums go to work on each other's face with no movement and defense, I'll go to "da club." Fighters who can go their careers fighting the best and not be mauled are special. Not if you listen to these assholes, though. The more dementia, the better.

And Rigondeaux is better than Whitaker was anyway. Sue me.

No, my bad.
I thought you had them a week or two ago when I was watching a fight in here.
If not, I was just mistaken.

I did have them. I wish I read this thread, I just messaged cazadores asking if he was serious, I need that Picard face palm gif.

They expose themselves as retards, is all it is. Too many Just Bleed douchebags ruining every combat sport. If I want to see bums go to work on each other's face with no movement and defense, I'll go to "da club." Fighters who can go their careers fighting the best and not be mauled are special. Not if you listen to these assholes, though. The more dementia, the better.

And Rigondeaux is better than Whitaker was anyway. Sue me.

Just to look at he appears to be. He's much slicker especially shocking since he's in his 30s. His foot work is also much faster. If you were to compare a highlight reel of Rigo and Sweetpea side by side Rigo would look much better, however obviously this doesn't accounts for the difference in records. Rigo is fighting at a fast rate, if he keeps it up he'll build that record to Whitaker's level. Rigo is also the lbs for lbs better puncher, and he's fighting guys much bigger than him.

I believe Rigo could have KO'd Donaire, but like all of his fights he waits and chooses his moment to make his move. Any time Rigo floods his opponent he'll finish them, it's only a matter of when. Rigo did try to flood Donaire within the last two rounds but I think he underestimated Donaire and simply couldn't end it this time.

Rigo really does resemble Whitaker, but I don't think Floyd should be compared to Whitaker the way people do. Sure there's parts of him there but Floyd has his own style.

Rigo doesn't wait and chooses his moment, he creates the opportunity. His opponents struggle to sustain any momentum against him due to his reflexes and head movement, and he uses this to good effect - or affect, I always mix those up - as a counter puncher. If his opponent is trying to pick and choose his shots Rigo looks like he's not doing anything, but his movement alone creates opportunities. He doesn't chase the opportunities to land hard punches but he does create them.

Of course with an aggressive opponent it's much more obvious, as he has more opportunities as they're more likely to commit to their punches and leave themselves open.

Just to look at he appears to be. He's much slicker especially shocking since he's in his 30s. His foot work is also much faster. If you were to compare a highlight reel of Rigo and Sweetpea side by side Rigo would look much better, however obviously this doesn't accounts for the difference in records. Rigo is fighting at a fast rate, if he keeps it up he'll build that record to Whitaker's level. Rigo is also the lbs for lbs better puncher, and he's fighting guys much bigger than him.

I believe Rigo could have KO'd Donaire, but like all of his fights he waits and chooses his moment to make his move. Any time Rigo floods his opponent he'll finish them, it's only a matter of when. Rigo did try to flood Donaire within the last two rounds but I think he underestimated Donaire and simply couldn't end it this time.

Rigo really does resemble Whitaker, but I don't think Floyd should be compared to Whitaker the way people do. Sure there's parts of him there but Floyd has his own style.

Nobody has ever been "much slicker than" Whitaker. Pernell certainly had the better jab and pretty much all of his skills were at least on par with Rigo (they're both incredibly skilled). I'm a big Rigo fan (he used to be my av) and I thought he'd beat Donaire with few problems. I think he's as talented as any fighter alive today. Acknowledging all this, I don't know how you could think Rigo looks much better than Sweat Pea. Pernell is the greatest backfoot boxer of the modern era and certainly one of the greatest fighters of all time.

Nobody has ever been "much slicker than" Whitaker. Pernell certainly had the better jab and pretty much all of his skills were at least on par with Rigo (they're both incredibly skilled). I'm a big Rigo fan (he used to be my av) and I thought he'd beat Donaire with few problems. I think he's as talented as any fighter alive today. Acknowledging all this, I don't know how you could think Rigo looks much better than Sweat Pea. Pernell is the greatest backfoot boxer of the modern era and certainly one of the greatest fighters of all time.

times change. Records are made to be broken

also
"think he's as talented as any fighter alive today."

Pretty big understatement. There aren't many living boxers on Rigo's level, if any.

Rigo fights quite a lot like Sweet Pea. What really makes then similar, in my eyes, is the assurance they have that they will not be hit despite sitting in the pocket. Floyd doesn't have that. He always makes sure he is safe on way or another. These two, however, are very comfortable and secure with the threat of being punched. They just let their opponents do what they will, avoid the brunt of the damage, and counter.

Floyd needs to be in control of the situation to be certain he can dodge the punch. Funny how a fighters personality outside of the ring mirrors his fighting style.

Back