Rigs and Carriers

Teppodama

A Dude, playing a Dude, disquised as another Dude
@Silver
Reaction score
As I am currently looking into rigs I thought I would stop on in here with you savy WR operators and see if anyone here has carriers, rigs, etc and if so, do you have any suggestions on brands, styles, setup, etc? Also wanted to see if you anyone feels like sharing any pics of their setups should they have one? Always looking for ideas.

BBelt setups would be interesting to, especially if anyone is willing to share some images of theirs. Regardless, always thankful for people sharing their thoughts here.

shotgun_5252.jpg

I bought one of these, (the Deluxe Model) on sale for $4.99 for my AR.

https://www.tmart.com/Outdoor-Adjus...MIkpiUn4mQ3gIV1rXACh3EfQxPEAQYBSABEgJ9CvD_BwE

227-1POINTBDELUXEEG.jpg

It broke so now I just carry it like real man!

<Prem771>

You looking for lightweight/low drag for like a bug out bag set up? Or high threat style that can possibly integrate armor?

Before it broke, what did you think about that style of sling?

It was alright. I really didn't dig the feeling of something clinging to me like that, and felt like you needed to dick and re-dick with it to get the length just right so you could stroke out and aim with it without everything being in a bind.

I was using it for hog hunting, and having not bothered to tape and cover every little facet of the rig to keep it from making any noise while I walked, I always had to hold something still and overall it was ok, but I haven't felt the need to rush out and replace it.

I just use a regular rubber dick sling on my bolt gun.

A target sling on my Night Rig

Even My esteemed hunting partner uses a garage sale strap for his rig

You looking for lightweight/low drag for like a bug out bag set up? Or high threat style that can possibly integrate armor?
Lightweight/Low Drag with the possibility of armor inserts.

Check out G-Code for gun belts. Lots of good packages that come with their Scorpion mag pouches for like $350.

Banshee is the company of PC I bought off a friend who had a spare one with some Level IV plates.

Don't own any plate carriers currently.

A friend has one from Eagle Industries and Crye. He got them because they are the most popular amongst SOF. I don't remember the specific models.

I wanted to buy a minimalist plate carrier from grey ghost gear but they were sold out of the color I wanted when they were on sale. Might buy on black Friday.

These 2 probably have good experience with some different rigs.
@Protectandserve
@Stoic1

I need to ask some of these LEO guys what they use for soft body armor so I can wear something good against a knife while as a door guy/bouncer. One just got stabbed the other night and I'd rather have it on and not need it than need it and not have one.

Don't own any plate carriers currently.

A friend has one from Eagle Industries and Crye. He got them because they are the most popular amongst SOF. I don't remember the specific models.

I wanted to buy a minimalist plate carrier from grey ghost gear but they were sold out of the color I wanted when they were on sale. Might buy on black Friday.

These 2 probably have good experience with some different rigs.
@Protectandserve
@Stoic1
I'll snap a pick of mine and add it to this post. I bought mine cause it was more comfortable and on sale.

I use RMA level IV plates. They are multi hit rated, "fairly light" and they are affordable. Good company.

I used to have Infidel Armor Steel Plates but upgraded to the ceramic multi hit due to weight reduction and better performance.

My plates will work stand alone but work better with soft armor. But downside is its bulky with my under vest then the plates carrier and attachments over it.

Edit:
Front
Loaded with 3 AR mags, 2 pistol mags, box of slugs, medical kit and tourniquet
UO1srJA.jpg

Back side
ZC5MS8r.jpg

Inside
tcvQGt2.jpg

Last edited:
Armor ready? Eagle Industries Aero carrier. Fits standard hard plate front and back and with the expanded cumberbund can use side plates if you want the extra weight. its cut to be pretty light and minimalist. Works real good like with soft armor too.
super low drag? Vtac battle belt with some suspenders. generic molle pouches and boom. gtg

I'll snap a pick of mine and add it to this post. I bought mine cause it was more comfortable and on sale.

I use RMA level IV plates. They are multi hit rated, "fairly light" and they are affordable. Good company.

I used to have Infidel Armor Steel Plates but upgraded to the ceramic multi hit due to weight reduction and better performance.

My plates will work stand alone but work better with soft armor. But downside is its bulky with my under vest then the plates carrier and attachments over it.

Edit:
Front
UO1srJA.jpg

Back side
ZC5MS8r.jpg

Inside
tcvQGt2.jpg

What did you have overseas?

Conflicted at the moment. I have the funds to either invest in a plate carrier or further tooling up the Mossberg. Alternatively, it's seed money for a decent AR. Decisions decisions. Right now the tools are a Sig P320C (drop safe) and a Mossberg 500 with a 12" LOP Hogue stock.

AR - No rifle as yet so that would fill that gap in the armament.
Plate Carrier or Harness- Protection and or handy point for gear.
Mossberg - Needs a side saddle, could use a light, want to put in a better follower and spring, possibly a heat shield and a better sling point for a single point system.

Thoughts?

Conflicted at the moment. I have the funds to either invest in a plate carrier or further tooling up the Mossberg. Alternatively, it's seed money for a decent AR. Decisions decisions. Right now the tools are a Sig P320C (drop safe) and a Mossberg 500 with a 12" LOP Hogue stock.

AR - No rifle as yet so that would fill that gap in the armament.
Plate Carrier or Harness- Protection and or handy point for gear.
Mossberg - Needs a side saddle, could use a light, want to put in a better follower and spring, possibly a heat shield and a better sling point for a single point system.

Thoughts?
Always good to have an AR.

Always good to have an AR.
Yeah, I know. Right now I'm limited to a 100 yard max effective range and ammo restricted unless the Sig comes into play and that's for even more close in work.

Edit:
Front
UO1srJA.jpg

Back side
ZC5MS8r.jpg

Inside
tcvQGt2.jpg

Yea but if he copies your rig then he might aswell have a big bullseye on his back with the police velcro pad lol. On a more serious note I'm not entirely sure why civilians wish to emulate police and military rigs. Different purposes/different equipment to be converned about.

Hmm AR500 armor has a pretty good Black Friday sale going on.

x2 10x12 Level III+ (ALSC CUT) multi-curve base coat plates
lw-level-iii_-11x14_996x.jpg

+
x2 10x12 Trauma pads
ar500_trauma_pad.jpg

For $170

Throw in a Sentry Plate Carrier for $65
images

and the total is $252.88 with standard shipping. Seems like a pretty good deal if one is looking for a plate carrier system. The sale is plate and trauma pad combo. Sale ends Sunday night. Decisions Decision...

Each plate is 7.8lbs so that's 15.6lbs of armor to lug around and train in though.

Last edited:
As I am currently looking into rigs I thought I would stop on in here with you savy WR operators and see if anyone here has carriers, rigs, etc and if so, do you have any suggestions on brands, styles, setup, etc? Also wanted to see if you anyone feels like sharing any pics of their setups should they have one? Always looking for ideas.

BBelt setups would be interesting to, especially if anyone is willing to share some images of theirs. Regardless, always thankful for people sharing their thoughts here.

View attachment 455747

Wtf lol why??? Are you an operator.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ruckus245
Back